1.    #1  
    So, the thing is, I always kept my work schedule in the memos app on all my old devices (Zire 72>TX>Treo 700p>Treo 755p). I just have a category titled "Work Sked" and each memo is a different week.
    The BIG thing for me about it was that Garnet had a tab feature in text fields, which webOS seems to lack (please correct me if I'm wrong). With tabs I could indent on a lower line for changes to my schedule (as I often need to know not only what I actually, but what I was originally scheduled as well.

It looks like this (sorry about the Symbol box; that was the only way to get a screen cap):
    i141.photobucket.com/albums/r69/Koiji412/classic_2010-14-04_012618.png?t=1271235382

I first tried the Tasks program, and couldn't stand it.
    I've also tried ClassicNote, which is a nice note app, but it doesn't work the same.
    I also tried some Timesheet (or something like that) app I found in the catalog, but it didn't do what I needed it to.
    In the end, I bought Classic, and while I like it because it's just what I was used to, I have some major problems/complaints:

*An on-screen directional pad just does not work the same for quickly navigating a field of text like this.
    *I enjoyed the *hold gesture area* to hold the keyboard toggle so I could use the keyboard for the 5-way nav to fix that gripe, but the most recent webOS updates killed that feature.
    But mainly:
    *Classic OFTEN loses my data. I don't know what it is, but often I'll check back on my memos when someone asks me what I'm working next week (for example), only to find that the memo for that week is missing. My Pre (Plus) very rarely resets and even less often does Classic crash (like I've heard so many people complain).

I've tried everything I can think of. After entering a new memo, I've tried manually backing up my data with the cloud. Sometimes works, but just failed from last night to today.
    I've tried leaving Classic open, figuring closing it was somehow causing the problem.
    Also tried closing the app in case leaving it open and it somehow crashing or whatever was causing it.

So, I've been looking for a long time for an app that simulates the PalmOS Memos app... any suggestions?
    Last edited by Koiji412; 04/14/2010 at 03:59 AM. Reason: insert pic
    I've actually been using Fliq notes. I really like it but there are many other notes apps out there that I haven't tried.

With your schedule issue though, I'm pretty sure there's an app for that (no pun) that I've driven by in the catalog but can't recall it. I think it's in the "productivity" section but I remember the description been about tracking schedules\hours. (I thought how useful it would have been when I was still consulting)
    Personally I really miss the "DiddleBug" freeware app I used on my Treo650 that allowed you to jot quick "freesytle" notes directly on the screen (via stylus or your fingernail). You could even attach an alarm/alert to the note. GREAT for scheduling & for quick reminders.

Geez I really miss that app
    A new one came out that seems pretty good. Simply called "Notes" (http://www.precentral.net/app-gallery/app-catalog/notes), and it costs $1.99. You can have categories, add pictures, audio, or video to your note, and can email the note if needed. I bought t hoping I could use it to draft blog posts to my tumblr page with pics/audio/video. Doesn't seem to work well for that, though I think that is an issue with the tumblr API, not the Notes app.

Look at it in the App Catalog, and it has a video demo you can watch. So far I think it is pretty nice. Just FYI.
    Quote Originally Posted by headgamer View Post
    A new one came out that seems pretty good. Simply called "Notes" (http://www.precentral.net/app-gallery/app-catalog/notes), and it costs $1.99. You can have categories, add pictures, audio, or video to your note, and can email the note if needed. I bought t hoping I could use it to draft blog posts to my tumblr page with pics/audio/video. Doesn't seem to work well for that, though I think that is an issue with the tumblr API, not the Notes app.

Look at it in the App Catalog, and it has a video demo you can watch. So far I think it is pretty nice. Just FYI.
    Wow, I was just about to say Try "Notes", then I read your reply. I Think Notes is a great App. I am the developer, so I know . Also, I've gotten very positive feedbacks from it. Can you explain what exactly you're trying to do with tumblr? Maybe I can cook something up for the next update.
    Well, I thought it would be cool to write a note, include a pic, audio clip, video, or whatever, email it to my tumblr page, and it post like a blog post, with the media embedded in the blog entry. It seems to only post the first piece of media included in the note. Also, tumblr doesn't display the video - but that is an issue of format I believe. I don't think their API allows mp4 videos... they play youtube videos just fine, so I believe they focus on flash video. Also, tumblr has always been kind of hinkey about playing audio. I have workarounds with Pixelpipe app so it isn't that big of a deal, I just tought it would be neat if it could happen with Notes. Still, I think it is no fault of Notes; instead I think it is just tumblr's kind of restrictive API.

One thing about the Notes app that WAS an issue though was this. When I tried to add media, it only seems to add media at the end of the note. I tried to add media in-line in the note (e.g., write a few notes, add a pic, write a few more notes, add another pic or something, and so on). This didn't work for me. No matter what I did, it only added the media at the bottom of the note. Just a nitpicky little thing, but for people who might want to use this for email blogging, I would think this would be an important feature. Just MHO.
    i would love to be able to set up an alarm to my notes...
    Evernotes syncs with the website, and I know there's a desktop program for it. It's free so why not try it?
  9. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    I like evernote and fliq notes. I lean more towards evernote because i can use it on both my desktop and the pre.

I'd lean heavier towards fliq notes if missing sync would sync the notes to my desktop, but they don't yet.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    ClassicNote, no questions about it!
    my problem with evernote is that i cannot view the notes when i am out of coverage... but it would really be nice...

@snoopgoat
    I would be willing to buy your app, but i would like to know if there was a backup option for your notes.
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    I like ClassicNote
    Two Questions (OK.. three):

Can I import Palm OS memos into this program
    Is it possible to back up these memos in "the cloud"?
    Can encrypt selected memos?
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    @cnote
    with classicnote, yes,no,yes
    Quote Originally Posted by bbkat View Post
    I like ClassicNote
    +1

ClassicNote is a great app.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    is classic note available in the official catalog yet? I purchased motion apps classic, memos work well there.
    BugMe! is in the catalog and it's pretty good (with alarms also.)
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    is classic note available in the official catalog yet? I purchased motion apps classic, memos work well there.
    Don't think it's in the "official" app catalog, it's either in the beta or web apps feed.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)