1.    #1  
    Hi Guys and Girsl

In our quest to get access to paid applications I'm also trying a different route. I'm sending out e-mails to all developers of which I wan't to buy applications, but can't and asking to raise the question with Palm as well. This might help in making the issue big enough for Palm to take action.

This is the e-mail I'm sending out

subject: Can't buy ....... for Palm webOS

mail:
    Dear sir/madam

I would like to ask your help in being able to buy your application ....... for Palm webOS.

First let me explain my predicament. I'm using a Palm Pre in the Netherlands which originated from Germany. Although Palm hasn't officially launched the product trough a vendor in the Netherlands the German unlocked version (which is sold without a contract) is working perfectly here. But I can't get access to the paid applications trough the Palm Catalog since Palm has decided this is only available for people trough the carriers they have contracts with for the launch of the device. The Sim in the Phone and the carrier which it is on during profile creation locate and freeze the phone to a specific country. As a result, me and a lot of people with me, are not able to buy applications from Palm even though we wan't to spend our money.

We (users on precentral.net) have raised the issue with Palm and it has been escalated in some instances, but in most instances the helpdesk replies to us that we will not be able to buy applications.

Could you please also raise the issue from your side to Palm. They should open the catalog to all Palm webOS users as soon as possible. You're missing out on turnover and we, the users, are missing out on great applications.

Kind regards
    Perhaps we can all do this and increase the awareness of this issue!
  2.    #2  
    E-mail sent to palm support. Let's build up some pressure.
  3.    #3  
    But not received by palm!

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

alm.emea.customer.service@palm.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
    Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 550 550 #5.1.0 Address rejected alm.emea.customer.service@palm.com (state 14).
  4.    #4  
    What a difference a "p" makes.!!!!
    Someone could start a class action for decieving potential buyers or false advertisement... :-)
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Since only about a thousand of the 2000 apps (including paid apps) are available in the UK, I don't think developers care that much..
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    504 double post
    Last edited by bruba; 04/15/2010 at 12:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Update:
    Palm Customer Support (palm.emea.customer.service@palm.com) replied to my first email with the most negative answer possible, and is now ignoring my follow-up and reminder emails. How terribly elegant. I'm so going to start a separate thread on this.
    What exactly did they reply? We should complain because they are just driving away potential evangelists for palm in those unofficial countries
  9.    #9  
    I do not have a response from palm support yet.

In regards to developers I send out a bunch and got some "we know the problem, nothing we can do about it" responses, but also "we will forward your mail to our contact because we want to sell apps" responses.
    Why are they ignoring ur follow-up and reminders?
    However I have to note that also the contact at 3rd level I contacted for previous problems too is not longer answering, even if pressed.
    I have a question though: i went to my old palm profile page, and my imei is no longer attached to that profile, since it is now viewable in the other and newer profile page. So...i was wondering...do we really need to get data erased from Palm somehow?
    What if we erase our profiles from Palm website profile page? does this blocks somehow the phone?

Cheers guys.
    BTW, can we get somewhere a mailing list of webos devs, to fasten the email sending somehow?
    Well, ok...but answering they won't give any more attention to subsequent emails is a bit of a strong answer...u've been such a bad guy?
    yes, i guess it's the same here, i am putting so many questions on their table and giving them some hard time too, that they probably hope that not answering will free them from my emails! but it won't...