1.    #1  
    every company(Palm,RIM,Google) is going to have 100,000+ apps. No one company will have the upper hand in that catergory. Then it will come down to Hardware n OS'. That's when WebOS will really stand out and be noticed as the best OS. Now I know this might be 3-4 yrs away but it will happen.
    WebOS will then have the upper hand when it comes to selling points. What do you guys think?
    Unfortunately in business you can have the best product but your company business model can kill you. I just picked up a pre and so far I love the WebOS, its a great product. It still hasn't helped Palm make the necessary sales though and that why you see developers shy away from Palm. There needs to be a change in gameplan to get this company on the way up again. Honestly other than the creepy "pre girl" and the little pixie campaign I don't remember seeing a real marketing campaign implemented by Palm. I really hope things change because I like my pre but If they don't step their game up then we will never get to see 100,000 apps on this piece of hardware.
    I love webOS and my Pre very much but sadly Palm may not have 3-4 years. I'm hoping personally for a sympathetic buyer with interest in webOS and not just Palms patent portfolio to turn this ship around but thus far it's a wait and see situation. Who knows, Palms next device could kill and be a huge hit since webOS is the critics darling of the smartphone world it's been marketing/hardware (for some) where Palm has fallen short. If Palm survives and above that thrives then this scenario could very well be the eventuality of the mobile market.
    yeah I think iphone is close to 100,000 apps if not there..

second does palm have that 3 or 4 years to play catch up ?

third palm has what 2500 official apps we got a long way to go