Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. Alexs5's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
       #1  
    I get like extremely suckish download speeds over everything I get .58 MB/s max and my ping is totally ridiculous like 1200 Ms., and it's really annoying. I used to have good connection before 1.4 and I usually have 5 vars of connection. I followed the tutorial of how to increase your connection with no good results ((, just the crappy internet speed, I live in puerto rico I know the connection is kinda slower here but I used to have a great connection with 1.3.5. Any of you guys have any advice or should I call sprint on the issue cause seriously I can't even watch a damn youtube video (( thanks for your time
  2. jpeso420's Avatar
    Posts
    31 Posts
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    #2  
    Have you tried installing the 800MHz kernel?
  3. Alexs5's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
       #3  
    that actually helps the connection?
  4. #4  
    first of all the 800Mhz speeds up the processor and not internet speed. It's like gettin a comp right now and using dial-up, you think the comp will make the dial-up faster?

    and second OP are you on EV or 1X connection on your phone.
  5. Alexs5's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by acekilla View Post
    first of all the 800Mhz speeds up the processor and not internet speed. It's like gettin a comp right now and using dial-up, you think the comp will make the dial-up faster?

    and second OP are you on EV or 1X connection on your phone.
    thats why i asked since the processor doesn't have to do anything with the internet, anyway no im on EV atm, although for some reason the EV icon constantly changes color from a solid gray to a darker gray, any idea what this is?
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by alexs5 View Post
    thats why i asked since the processor doesn't have to do anything with the internet, anyway no im on EV atm, although for some reason the EV icon constantly changes color from a solid gray to a darker gray, any idea what this is?
    The Ev icon changing color indicates transfer activity. So most likely, some program on the phone is using the internet (constantly from what you describe), and is probably using up all the available bandwidth. Check what programs you have installed, anything that pulls things from the internet automatically (podcasts maybe), and check your email settings. If you have alot of email, and the settings are set to sync, say, the past year of emails or something, it'll take a while for all those messages to sync up.
  7. Alexs5's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
       #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by dscott23 View Post
    The Ev icon changing color indicates transfer activity. So most likely, some program on the phone is using the internet (constantly from what you describe), and is probably using up all the available bandwidth. Check what programs you have installed, anything that pulls things from the internet automatically (podcasts maybe), and check your email settings. If you have alot of email, and the settings are set to sync, say, the past year of emails or something, it'll take a while for all those messages to sync up.
    so in the sync option lets say the lest days i have set to sync the better correct? like i would probably have to go for the sync one day option?
  8. #8  
    Not necessarily. I have mine set at 1 month, and have no issues. I had set it for more than that once, and my Pre really slowed down, internet connection and all, while it was syncing.

    It also really depends how long you've had your Pre, with it's current settings in place. If it's been set up the way it is now for a while, I would say the email may not be the culprit, as all of the messages should have synced by now.

    You could always try setting it for less days, and see if that does anything, just as an experiment. Maybe try going through all your programs and check their settings, to see what might be transferring so much.
  9. Alexs5's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
       #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by dscott23 View Post
    Not necessarily. I have mine set at 1 month, and have no issues. I had set it for more than that once, and my Pre really slowed down, internet connection and all, while it was syncing.

    It also really depends how long you've had your Pre, with it's current settings in place. If it's been set up the way it is now for a while, I would say the email may not be the culprit, as all of the messages should have synced by now.

    You could always try setting it for less days, and see if that does anything, just as an experiment. Maybe try going through all your programs and check their settings, to see what might be transferring so much.
    K thanks for your help !!!, i will set it to 1 day for now i guess and see how that turns out
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jpeso420 View Post
    Have you tried installing the 800MHz kernel?
    This.

Posting Permissions