Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Is it possible to load my choice of prl onto the webos. i was searching the files inside and i found that their was a sprint prl located inside with a file to load it onto the phone. if i replace my choice of a prl and set it with sprints name will it load my prl or still sprints?
    Elaborate on what a PRL is. And my guess is the only file you can currently run (application wise) on the pre is IPK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addyc View Post
    Elaborate on what a PRL is..

Preferred Roaming List
    Quote Originally Posted by electropyro View Post
    Is it possible to load my choice of prl onto the webos. i was searching the files inside and i found that their was a sprint prl located inside with a file to load it onto the phone. if i replace my choice of a prl and set it with sprints name will it load my prl or still sprints?
    I don't think you understand what and how PRLs work or what they are intended for.

Within the Phone app, you can drop-down the menu and there's an option to update your PRL.....provided there's a new one to be loaded. If not, you will get an error. This is only for Sprint phones on the Sprint network.
    sprint doesn't offer 3g coverage in my area; however, verizon does. so i installed a verizon prl to my pre using qpst to obtain 3g coverage in my area. my voice coverage is still sprint. if you need any help, feel free to pm me
    Quote Originally Posted by strukt99 View Post
    sprint doesn't offer 3g coverage in my area; however, verizon does. so i installed a verizon prl to my pre using qpst to obtain 3g coverage in my area. my voice coverage is still sprint. if you need any help, feel free to pm me
    Sprint does not have 3G roaming agreements with Verizon, only for voice.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Sprint does not have 3G roaming agreements with Verizon, only for voice.
    Well, I don't know how it works, but after using QPST to install Verizon's 51425 PRL, my signal went from 1x to Ev.