Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1.    #1  
    So I get the whole drag and drop of iTunes, but it appears I'm transferring a lot of music, and when I disconnect the phone properly, very little music has transferred. I am going from a Mac to my Pre Plus. Any ideas?
  2. #2  
    is the music you are transferring purchased through iTunes or is it nonDRM music?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevember View Post
    is the music you are transferring purchased through iTunes or is it nonDRM music?
    purchased through iTunes
  4. #4  
    you cannot transfer songs purchased through iTunes they are DRM'd and the pre won't accept them
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevember View Post
    you cannot transfer songs purchased through iTunes they are DRM'd and the pre won't accept them
    Wow....I have a tone of music too. Any way to convert those songs in to other files so I can transfer them?
  6. #6  
    Actually I think mike is wrong here. A huge portion of iTunes' selections are not DRM'ed anymore. That's why I paid 75 bucks extra to "upgrade" my old DRM purchases on iTunes to Non-DRM.

    As for your problem I dunno what to say. I just copy my music to my pre the manual way. You don't need iTunes to do that. I have copied stuff I purchased from iTunes to my Pre and they all worked just fine.
  7. #7  
    I thought apple stopped Pre from syncing with iTunes...
  8. #8  
    any song purchased before March of last year will most likely be DRM'd. I had to look that up. But anything purchased post that time should transfer.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevember View Post
    any song purchased before March of last year will most likely be DRM'd. I had to look that up. But anything purchased post that time should transfer.
    Yep! And you can upgrade DRM'ed songs to Non-DRM. When you go into iTunes Store (assuming you're logged in) there is a link on the right that says something like "My Upgrades", you can click that and upgrade any songs you want to Non-DRM.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    I thought apple stopped Pre from syncing with iTunes...
    I got this software to convert the itunes music.
    http://www.daniusoft.com/digital-media-converter-pro.html

    works great and cheaper then paying apple. F apple
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by omahawildcat View Post
    I got this software to convert the itunes music.
    DRM Removal - Remove DRM protection, Remove DRM from WMV

    works great and cheaper then paying apple. F apple
    I'm no fan of Apple myself but has to also consider the fact that the upgrade option at iTunes Store will also upgrade your music from 128kbps to 256kbps. I personally buy all my music now at Amazon for half the price with no DRM and @256kbps.
  12. ay
    ay is offline
    ay's Avatar
    Posts
    720 Posts
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Wireless Vet View Post
    Wow....I have a tone of music too. Any way to convert those songs in to other files so I can transfer them?
    Quote Originally Posted by omahawildcat View Post
    I got this software to convert the itunes music.
    DRM Removal - Remove DRM protection, Remove DRM from WMV

    works great and cheaper then paying apple. F apple
    Under the Advanced Menu in iTunes, you can choose Convert MP3 version to create an mp3 version of the DRM music, and that can then be played on any device.
  13. #13  
    as others have said, only itunes plus songs can be transfered.

Posting Permissions