View Poll Results: Would you buy/own a Pre if it didn't have the "cards" interface?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 20.00%
  • No

32 80.00%
  1.    #1  
    Saw this in a thread just now and had to ask.

Take away the cards interface...would you own a pre?

If you had to buy a pre today without "cards" would you?

If you are a proponent of the device, if cards were taken away today would you keep it?

For me the answer is no.
    depends on what replaced it.
    It really depends on what the alternative would be. If it was no multitasking at all then it would be a no for sure. If it was like android or iphone, then maybe. Card view was one of many great features of the pre that convinced me to buy it.
    The pre is nothing without cards
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    Saw this in a thread just now and had to ask.

Take away the cards interface...would you own a pre?

If you had to buy a pre today without "cards" would you?

If you are a proponent of the device, if cards were taken away today would you keep it?

For me the answer is no.
    You didn't say what would replace it. The OS is part of the Device.
    Well if the card were not there then it wouldn't be webos anymore...
    Pre without webOS? That would be one hobbled Pre.
    I think the key phrase here is "taken away". If I had never known about, seen, or used the cards feature before, and the phone still had some form of multitasking, I would still have it.

If Palm pushed an update tomorrow that took it away? I would throw this phone in the river and go back to my Razr (with voice dialing)!!
  9.    #9  
    imagine it would be a linux based OS with multi-tasking ala android
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    i would. but ONLY JUST.
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
    hell no
    i would continue to support palm and sprint... palm rocks
    Quote Originally Posted by chefjabril11 View Post
    hell no
    +100
    HELL NO

And like xobx said too, the Pre would be nothing without the cards.
    It's barely hanging on as it is.
    If it had Android, I would still pick it over a number of droid phones including the Moto Droid (that keyboard, quite frankly, sucks!). But WebOS is what elevates the phone. I really don't know why some people are so down on the Pre hardware (though I have the Plus, so maybe that's why). The screen is gorgeous and bright (numerous people have been very impressed watching me play videos and showing the OS off, all commenting on how nice the display was). The shape of the device is perfect for the pocket and hand. I like the ringer switch. Really...what is so bad about it? The Droid is an uncomfortable brick in the pocket. The Backflip has the keys on the wrong side (think about the potential for damage to the keys). Hero is alright. And so on.

All phones have their up's and down's, but WebOS makes the Pre and Pixi capable of doing things in a fashion that other phones struggle at. My Curve worked just fine, but had too many little limitations. Now I'm thrilled to have moved on.
    No way! The card interface makes up for all the Pre is lacking.
    IT would not be a Pre. It would be a Treo.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!