Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    (since rumors sprint dropping the original pre seems to be a hot topic today)

Do you think they will offer us recently bought pre users a upgrade price similar to ATT&T when the Iphone3g came out. I believe they could buy the 3g for 150 or 100 if they traded in their Original Iphone...

What are the chances of Sprint throwing us pre users a webos bone here? I just got mine in Feb and I would hate for it to be phased out right away
    Oh that would be awesome. I bought a Sprint Pre on April 1st and I know full well that many people are hoping a new Palm phone will drop in the Summer on Sprint. But I couldn't wait!

Some sort of a trade-in program would be terrific.
    THIS IS HOW WE HANDLE BUSINESS
    I would bet not but you never know. You could prob sell your original pre on Craigs list or ebay for a dent in price anyways. I would be willing to possibly pay 50 for a good conditioned pre around that time possibly if mines getting beat up. I don't plan on upgrading until I find out for sure that the next webos device is as "rooted" as this one because due to rumors from various cell phone reps in different stores it's not expected to be.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    I would bet not but you never know. You could prob sell your original pre on Craigs list or ebay for a dent in price anyways. I would be willing to possibly pay 50 for a good conditioned pre around that time possibly if mines getting beat up. I don't plan on upgrading until I find out for sure that the next webos device is as "rooted" as this one because due to rumors from various cell phone reps in different stores it's not expected to be.
    what do you mean by "rooted"?
    Quote Originally Posted by wv06 View Post

Do you think they will offer us recently bought pre users a upgrade price similar to ATT&T when the Iphone3g came out. I believe they could buy the 3g for 150 or 100 if they traded in their Original Iphone...

What are the chances of Sprint throwing us pre users a webos bone here? I just got mine in Feb and I would hate for it to be phased out right away
    I highly doubt it. Sprint already has their Premier program (which all Pre/Pixi buyers are entitled to) that provides the same discount as a new line after only a year. I'm sure that their desire to make a profit will be a disincentive for them to give any additional money away.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    what do you mean by "rooted"?
    developer mode lol
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Sprint has the Sprint Buyback Program. Currently the buyback on the Pre is $95, I imagine it will go down a bit when the new Palm device comes out, but smartphones tend to hold their value longer.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.

I dont think so, remember with at&t the original iphone wasn't subsidized, so when the 3g came everyone who had bought it never used their upgrade and could get the 3g at the upgrade price. The only time they made an exception was with the 3gs, of course this was after alot of complaining from the ifanboyz about not being eligible to buy it first day at the subsidized price, they just love standing in line.

No

Slim to none....with a heavy bet on "none"
    At one point a long, long time ago, Handspring used to offer loyalty discounts on their PDAs. When PalmOne bought them back that pretty much immediately stopped.