Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Could the forum give me some advice. I'm a long time Mac user and I'm on ATT with a iPhone 3Gs and not happy with the dropped calls but love the phone. I use my phone for work and pleasure and wanted to get some advice from those of you on Verizon with the Pre Plus. I need backup capabilities and be able to sync with my Mac. Would I be happy with the Pre with all that's going on with Palm these days? The deal Verizon has right now with the free hotspot is hard to pass up. Would I regret my decision? I've played with the Pre in the store and it seemscto be a capable phone vthanks for everyone's input.
    Bump, everyone give your opinion's
    Lets also do our part in voting webos,for Quickoffice Development
    VOTE,VOTE,VOTE,VOTE....DO IT NOW,PLEASE
    http://quickoffice.ideascale.com/a/dtd/21866-5219
    the pre plus is more than a capable phone, verizon network is the best aswell. i love the pre, the doom and gloom over palm is a little exaggerated to be honest. just because there may be a sale doesnt mean the webos dies, its to good a platform.
    Have had the phone since Jan 26 or 28th ....Great phone...I have had the double typing , no problems with hardware(slider ) at all!!! Software has been good to me. I had the storm so anything would be good to me !!! Once you go PALM pre plus you never go back!
    go to sprint and get a pre... sprint is the best carrier by far
    Quote Originally Posted by jwalker007 View Post
    Could the forum give me some advice. I'm a long time Mac user and I'm on ATT with a iPhone 3Gs and not happy with the dropped calls but love the phone. I use my phone for work and pleasure and wanted to get some advice from those of you on Verizon with the Pre Plus. I need backup capabilities and be able to sync with my Mac. Would I be happy with the Pre with all that's going on with Palm these days? The deal Verizon has right now with the free hotspot is hard to pass up. Would I regret my decision? I've played with the Pre in the store and it seemscto be a capable phone vthanks for everyone's input.
    I too had an iPhone and dropped it because of crappy voice coverage and anemic 3G coverage. I already own an iPod, so making the switch was pretty easy for me. I don't use my Pre Plus as an mp3 player; mostly use it for calling (yes, it does make clear calls), multiple exchange accounts, layered calendars, multi-tasking and 3D gaming. I almost forgot, I'm loving the free 3g hotspot feature.

If you still miss the Mac experience, get yourself an iPod Touch or iPad, then use your hotspot to connect your device.
    Not sure how you use the iphone so its tough to say how happy you will be... I think the webos is the best mobile phone os out (im in tech fwiw) and the deal on the pre + def rocks. I think the mifi and the phone for 50 bux is a heck of a deal. The pinch and zoom should at least be familiar. The phone for a business use should be better sans editing office docs. I have 4 email accounts and calendars and the pre def makes life much easier for me. The media functions are great and so is web browsing. The downside of the vz pre + right now is simply they havent pushed out the latest update for some reason. Other than that rock on.
    Get yourself a touchstone charger as well and be happy. Theres a reason why people are so passionate about the phones on here...oh and fwiw a friend recently went through hoops to ditch the droid and swap to the pre + after bugginess and email sync issues with exchange that were validated as "known android issues" by verizon.
    I'm not a Mac user but I don't think you'll be disappointed with the capabilities of the phone itself or the Verizon network. There is no drop off from the Safari browser. If you're a heavy app user, there could be some concern as the webOS app store is limited. I've had a Pre Plus since early Feb. I'm on my second one (had the keyboard issues). Going from my original new device to the replacement was ridiculously painless. I was very surprised. All my data, contacts and apps transferred over seemlessly. I just had to install the OS update. I feel daily synching with another machine is obsolete but to each his own. Make sure you get a copy of iTunes 9.0.1 if you want seemless media synching like you have with the iPhone. This was the last version that supported the Pre. Good luck.
  9.    #9  
    You guys are great. Thanks for all the feedback. Is there no Doc to go or Quickoffice available for the Pre?
    sprint is cheaper the verizon, and it roams on verizon so you get the same coverage...
  11.    #11  
    Sprints Pre is not as fast and doesn't offer the mobile hotspot right?
    pay a little extra and get the Seidio 2800 MaH battery.

in order for the pre to give you all it's got, you're gonna need it.
    but yes dammit, by all means get the palm pre plus.

it's awesome.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deviousracing View Post
    sprint is cheaper the verizon, and it roams on verizon so you get the same coverage...
    It's not cheaper if you are roaming and have to increase your minutes. Fortunately Sprint let us out of our contract and we were able to move on to the Pre Plus and back to Verizon.
    You won't have the "too many cards" issue with the Pre Plus, it has more memory and storage space and you get the Mobile Hotspot for free. Yeah, Verizon is a little bit more, but it's worth it.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Plus is not much faster but it does handle more apps being open better and yes mobile hotspot is a verizon app. You could get "my tether" though which sounds like it works great for Sprint users. I never used it cause I'm on wifi most of the time.
    I just switched from Sprint to Verizon and now have two Pre's. We love the phones! The deal was too good to pass up. $50 for two phones and the free hotspot on both.
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts

The Pre Plus is better than the Pre, it has double the ram, and double the memory 16GB, Sprint pre only has 8GBs

Also, sprint does not have the free mobile hotspot, only Verizon has that. You can kinda cheat a bit on sprint with Mobile Hotspot app
    Last edited by Vkitty; 04/13/2010 at 07:53 PM.
    I'm with Sprint. I have Mobile Hotspot (you can get it online if you tinker a bit). I pay $66 a month with a 20% discount from my work place. That's the minimum 450 minute everything plan. Minutes are never an issue though because mobile to mobile calls are completely free. I think it'd cost about $30 more a month to go with Verizon for the Pre Plus. It's a sacrifice if I switched to Verizon though since Sprint lets me do a full upgrade after one year and I'd miss out on all the cool tech that's coming Sprint's way every year. Just remember, you're signing up for a two year contract. Who would you rather be locked into for two years, and what is it worth to you?
    I switched from the iPhone 3GS and ATT to Verizon and the Pre Plus. It's a pretty good switch lacking somewhat in the apps category hopefully that will turn around. We don't have any document editing but you will pay exactly what you already pay for your iPhone. Plus you can actually use insurance on this device and actually have service too lol. Overall it was a good move I think and I think you would as well.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast