Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by SiLlY View Post
    Today is a sad day for me. Damn.. this sucks! Took the Pre in today to get the power button fixed. It stopped responding completely. Even after the bandaid posted around here. My screen had a crack too but I was dealing with that. No biggie.. Anyhoo.. "No more Pre!", said the Sprint demon behind the counter. My replacement comes in tomorrow and it's the Moment.

I was planning on getting an Evo anyway.. But was going to keep the Pre as well.. Guess not. I really really hope webos continues to strive. This is nuts. I can't believe this. Flaws and all.. I've never cared for a phone this much. I had a lump in my throat when they told me the news.

Looks like the nail in the coffin for Sprint/Pre relationship? Damn.... Please tell me it aint so!

I'm sure we will all find out soon enough, I hope you didnt 'lose your cool' on the sales or tech that you worked with since the phones been out a year already and its pretty common that devices get upgraded or downgraded automatically after a certain time or for bad phones. 2 examples I can think of were the touch pro being replaced with a phone designed by GOD lol. that thing is a beast of a phone and work of art by HTC after the same phone became the top phone on SPrints repair list as the 1st gen model....

lets just hope its a Palm replacement with much better hardware but given their news lately i'm doubtful they will pull it off. their not HTC and dont have the same history or cashflow.

From one Sprint tech to a random internet customer on the interwebs please know that we DONT Make the rules. we are just the messengers to the sales people and diagnose/fix phones. I hate the aspect of the phones I know I can fix myself(see my recent posts) but cant because Sprint dont pay me too
    Last edited by Binary Tech; 04/13/2010 at 10:24 PM.
    this sucks guess I better hope my phone doesn't beeak anymore then it has due to the dreaded usb door crack.. Sprint would not replace it at all and it's not gotten worse yet but it's exposed some of the innards and they blamed me even though I triedexplaingothers have had this problem. Now I'm not gonna bother because my mom has the moment and I do not want that, nor do I want a pixi :/ hopefully there are more palm devices otherwise I may leave sprint because I am not a fan of android so it's iphone or maybe wp7 but I dontlike att either :/ hope palm can announce something it'd be nice to know where webos is going and if anythings coming.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I don't get it. I work for Sprint and we just got new ones in to sell again today as well as they are on the upcoming planogram that rolls out on the 17th...which was sent down today. So, maybe just some areas are phasing them out, but my husbands 2nd replacement was ordered tonight about 8pm thru AE and we got more in to sell so...I'm content. I have the moment also, and the Hero, and a Touch Pro 2...but the Pre by far is my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toniolli View Post
    I don't get it. I work for Sprint and we just got new ones in to sell again today as well as they are on the upcoming planogram that rolls out on the 17th...which was sent down today. So, maybe just some areas are phasing them out, but my husbands 2nd replacement was ordered tonight about 8pm thru AE and we got more in to sell so...I'm content. I have the moment also, and the Hero, and a Touch Pro 2...but the Pre by far is my favorite.
    I'm pretty sure its certain markets right now. i'm in the northeast so it might be different else were.
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Binary Tech View Post
    I'm sure we will all find out soon enough, I hope you didnt 'lose your cool' on the sales or tech that you worked with since the phones been out a year already and its pretty common that devices get upgraded or downgraded automatically after a certain time or for bad phones. 2 examples I can think of were the touch pro being replaced with a phone designed by GOD lol. that thing is a beast of a phone and work of art by HTC after the same phone became the top phone on SPrints repair list as the 1st gen model....

lets just hope its a Palm replacement with much better hardware but given their news lately i'm doubtful they will pull it off. their not HTC and dont have the same history or cashflow.

From one Sprint tech to a random internet customer on the interwebs please know that we DONT Make the rules. we are just the messengers to the sales people and diagnose/fix phones. I hate the aspect of the phones I know I can fix myself(see my recent posts) but cant because Sprint dont pay me too
    Nah.. not at all. I was cool with him. I was a little shocked at his stance on the Palm Pre. He was all for the Samsung Moment. I can understand people have different tastes. I just strongly disagree with their assessment. Anyhoo.. When he determined I was eligible for a replacement.. he said "Today is your lucky day". I thought for a second that it was either a new (not refurb) Pre or perhaps the Pre Plus came to Sprint. I guess he could see it on my face that I wasn't happy about this. He leaned over and whispered "You want the Moment. It's waaaay better!" I told him "I disagree. I absolutely love the Pre". He continued to explain this and that about Android. Pitching the Moment.. hardcore! not really having a choice.. I told him to order it but make sure that it wasn't renewing my contract and locking me into a phone I knew I wasn't going to like. I explained that I would consider it a temp fix until either they get Pres, Pre Plus, new webos device or.. the Evo.

I didn't take it out on him. I know he's just doing his job. And I didn't fault him for his taste. I just let him know I disagreed with him. Android OS might be pretty stellar but sprint doesn't have a droid powered phone I would care to own other than the Evo.

Just sucks... I still haven't taken my stuff off the Pre. I'm in denial.

Is there anything I can do to keep my broken Pre? Even if it's not acitve.. I would risk taking it apart and fixing the traces if not for anything than to just have a mini nix device.
    Last edited by SiLlY; 04/14/2010 at 12:19 AM.
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    5th replacement is on back order.
    I didn't take it out on him. I know he's just doing his job. And I didn't fault him for his taste. I just let him know I disagreed with him. Android OS might be pretty stellar but sprint doesn't have a droid powered phone I would care to own other than the Evo...
    I disagree. I suspect it's either not a corporate store, or he's interjecting much of his "personal opinion" into the transaction. In any case, forcing a customer to switch phones is not "just doing his job", unless there literally is no other option (which I doubt). Palm is still referring customers to Sprint for service (at least they were two days ago). I'd recommend you call Sprint's corporate number.
    you can try contacting palm about replacing pre
    [FONT="Garamond"]Dam1 J1sFONT]
    Nah.. not at all. I was cool with him. I was a little shocked at his stance on the Palm Pre. He was all for the Samsung Moment. I can understand people have different tastes. I just strongly disagree with their assessment. Anyhoo.. When he determined I was eligible for a replacement.. he said "Today is your lucky day". I thought for a second that it was either a new (not refurb) Pre or perhaps the Pre Plus came to Sprint. I guess he could see it on my face that I wasn't happy about this. He leaned over and whispered "You want the Moment. It's waaaay better!" I told him "I disagree. I absolutely love the Pre". He continued to explain this and that about Android. Pitching the Moment.. hardcore! not really having a choice.. I told him to order it but make sure that it wasn't renewing my contract and locking me into a phone I knew I wasn't going to like. I explained that I would consider it a temp fix until either they get Pres, Pre Plus, new webos device or.. the Evo.

I didn't take it* out on him. I know he's just doing his job. And I didn't fault him for his taste. I just let him know I disagreed with him. Android OS might be pretty stellar but sprint doesn't have a droid powered phone I would care to own other than the Evo.

Just sucks... I still haven't taken my stuff off the Pre. I'm in denial.

Is there anything I can do to keep my broken Pre? Even if it's not acitve.. I would risk taking it apart and fixing the traces if not for anything than to just have a mini nix device.
    you can try contacting palm about replacing ur phone. You have a year warranity
    [FONT="Garamond"]Dam1 J1sFONT]
    Palm Orders Production Halt of Pre and Pre+ in February
    February 11, 2010

PALM, S, VZ, 2038 HK, 8078 TT

Sources: 3 sources Taiwan handset component supply chain (all repeats)

Key sources in the Taiwan handset supply chain said Palm Inc. has ordered assembler Foxconn International Holdings Co. Ltd. to suspend production of both the Pre and Pre+ in February. “The decision is very sudden, and Foxconn was told to reduce all February Pre forecast to zero on Wednesday and nobody knows whether shipment will resume in March,” said a key source. The source said the CDMA2000 Pre to Sprint and the CDMA2000 Pre+ to Verizon were affected.

Pixi Production Suspended Too?
    One source said Palm also told Compal Communications Inc. to suspend shipment of the Pixi and Pixi+ in February, while another source said that production is still going ahead with the Pixi+ to Verizon, but actual delivery in February will amount to less than 5,000 units.

Reporter: Van Tran
    Editor: Hartmut Leuschner
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    This is madness SiLly, don't let them reps trick you into switching from the pre if you don't want to. If you have the right to a replacement pre and that's what you want(a replcement pre), then you should demand a pre. You know all reps have their own personal opinions(like all people do) as to what they think you will like best..... Don't be sad just get your pre.

You know they have pres all over and they could get you one if you made them.
    Quote Originally Posted by jgrey View Post
    Palm Orders Production Halt of Pre and Pre+ in February
    February 11, 2010

PALM, S, VZ, 2038 HK, 8078 TT

Sources: 3 sources Taiwan handset component supply chain (all repeats)

Key sources in the Taiwan handset supply chain said Palm Inc. has ordered assembler Foxconn International Holdings Co. Ltd. to suspend production of both the Pre and Pre+ in February. “The decision is very sudden, and Foxconn was told to reduce all February Pre forecast to zero on Wednesday and nobody knows whether shipment will resume in March,” said a key source. The source said the CDMA2000 Pre to Sprint and the CDMA2000 Pre+ to Verizon were affected.

Pixi Production Suspended Too?
    One source said Palm also told Compal Communications Inc. to suspend shipment of the Pixi and Pixi+ in February, while another source said that production is still going ahead with the Pixi+ to Verizon, but actual delivery in February will amount to less than 5,000 units.

Reporter: Van Tran
    Editor: Hartmut Leuschner
    Old news. They suspended for awhile to control inventory and then resumed production in March.
    I just went on to the Sprint online site and lo and behold the Pre was available! It let me choose phone and plan. Best Buy and Radio Shack as well...
    No luck on the Radio Shack site for me, and my local Shacks in NJ are all sold out and not getting more stock.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12