Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    she shouldnt become an early adopter of a brand new platform....she is right some people want what they want now...
    Numerous reasons:

1. I like technology and can afford to keep both. I enjoy keeping up with both and following their progression or lack of it in some cases.
    2. I manage the Sprint account for our company and people have phones on both OS's so it's in my best interest to be able to troubleshoot both which is tough to do when I don't have a phone in front of me.
    3. Sometimes I want to carry the smaller phone, and I actually type faster on the Pixi.
    4. Both OS's have their pros and cons, and I'm not 100% sold on either. DTG is a glaring hole in webOS, and I'm not buying classic for one program that should already exist for webOS at this point.

I'll be picking up the Evo when it arrives and most likely ditch the Moment. Evo + DTG + BT Keyboard = much less laptop use.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Then why have both phones?
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    And this statement is based on your opinion that webOS rules and the others drool. Being opinion and not fact, it is a view not shared by everyone. I actually prefer Android for quite a few things that can't be done with webOS. Document editing and widgets are two off the top of my head. Easier text navigation would be another. And if shazam and bar code scanning are things that make her feel more productive and increase the enjoyment of using the device, then you are wrong to minimize their importance to her.
    Quote Originally Posted by spare View Post
    good points but while you may use shazam and bar code scanner once a week, you use the os every time you use the phone.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    my wife is sticking with me,she knows the pre can't send files through bluetooth like her friends phones(android os devices), she knows the pre is missing apps that her friends have,she knows alot of documents are not supported once downloaded via email..BUT she still loves the cards,the easy use,swiping. She tells anyone,that we have the best phones..and she backs me up whenever I'm selling the phone to someone or just comparing it to others in a deep debate.. She's my bonnie. She trust me when I tell her that we webos users are gettin a bigger better phone. And she looks to me for any questions cuz she knows I'm on this forum everyday all day..haha. It's stil alot of girlfriends and wives who are willin to stick with the pre until somethin else comes from palm or webos. She come from a blackberry pearl.
    My girlfriend is interested in a Pre even though she saw my friends blackberry. She has never seen a too many cards error and come to think of it, I don't think i've seen one for a long time.. and I have 8 games on it, about 5 of them 3d intensive, and a gazzillion patches. It lagged once during the simple but fun helicopter game and i told her it was probably due to the Pre grabbing emails while she was playing. The lag was only for an instant anyways. She's impressed with the Pre and wants to get one. the more she plays with the pre, the more she likes it. And I don't push it on her, not once actually.
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    And this statement is based on your opinion that webOS rules and the others drool. Being opinion and not fact, it is a view not shared by everyone. I actually prefer Android for quite a few things that can't be done with webOS. Document editing and widgets are two off the top of my head. Easier text navigation would be another. And if shazam and bar code scanning are things that make her feel more productive and increase the enjoyment of using the device, then you are wrong to minimize their importance to her.
    actually, i've never bashed another phone os and have always been of the opinion that no one phone is right for everyone because they all have their faults. if someone NEEDS an app not on webos, i don't recommend the pre. i do recommend everyone give webos a try however.
    This is what the buyer sees. After that, they are already hooked on Android...

Google's Android surpasses 50,000 applications - FierceDeveloper
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123