Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I think most people buy pres because they are 'cool' rather than 'useful'. If webOS didn't have the cards UI, most people wouldn't be buying the Pre or Pixi.
    Yeah, Docs To Go is such a great app to show off to your friends

Certain apps provide essential functionality to a smartphone. It's one of the reasons for getting one over a "feature" phone. What good is slick and polish if I have to take 5 steps back from where I was before? No good. I pull out my laptop quite a bit more when i'm using my Pixi as compared to when I have my Moment.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by sloopjohnb View Post
    I think most people buy pres because they are 'cool' rather than 'useful'. If webOS didn't have the cards UI, most people wouldn't be buying the Pre or Pixi.
    That's the beauty of webOS. It's simplicity provides the perfect blend of form infused with function.
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    @PreJamison

Android closes apps, only when additional memory is needed. The theory, kind of like what Apple is doing in OS 4, is that the user should not worry about memory management. I see their point of view and I see Palms point of view (give the user control). In the end I am not sure which is better. I have had no extended experience on Android so I can't really compare it to the Pre. However, I do plan to be getting an EVO for at least a 30 day trial (unless Palm releases something quite amazing) and I will post a comparison.
    I've read Task Killers are a waste and I've read that they are a necessity for Android. Memory management wasn't really the issue - the phone never bogged down - but battery life definitely improved once she started killing apps before she put her Moment away.
    I don't think your gf should be playing with another man's smartphone.

I think you should perform a hard reset/doctoring to fix the lagginess and "too many cards" warning. It appears to me that the patches and additional services needed to run some of the homebrew apps consume resources.

Right now, I only have the core apps and some essential apps and can open multiple (really just 2) applications with NFSU running on an original Sprint Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    I pull out my laptop quite a bit more when i'm using my Pixi as compared to when I have my Moment.
    Then why have both phones?
    Quote Originally Posted by foosball View Post
    That's the point...unless you've used webOS you won't understand that the silly "gotcha" type apps which other phones have over the Pre might seem cool in the bar but don't a great phone make.
    That's because there's nothing cool about the Pre.

I hate the notion of dismissing the features someone wants in a phone just because they aren't the same features that are important to you.
    I couldn't disagree more. Your post presumes that the card UI, (which is part of the multitasking OS) is all about "cool", and not about "useful".

Maybe for you, but that's not my experience at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    I hate the notion of dismissing the features someone wants in a phone just because they aren't the same features that are important to you.
    And yet, isnt that exactly what was done with this statement?
    Quote Originally Posted by cnote1287 View Post
    So my gf decided to switch to sprint, meaning she'd need a new phone. She has played with my pre many times, however when i asked her which phone she was looking at buying.....clip.........clip.....clip....have been lousy and havent been able to get traction.
    Hmm..

Isn't all this exactly what i've been saying, oh i dunno, since last summer?!?
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 04/13/2010 at 06:18 PM.

Yes and I'm happy they can have 10 more fart apps than I do.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    And yet, isnt that exactly what was done with this statement?
    That's the point I was trying to make.
    really DBD? you had to quote the entire OP?
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    really DBD? you had to quote the entire OP?
    Sorry 'bout that.
    It's just easier to quote the whole thing when ur on d mobile side of the forum.
    I'll fix it shortly...
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Sorry 'bout that.
    It's just easier to quote the whole thing when ur on d mobile side of the forum.
    I'll fix it shortly...
    NP, just busting chops.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Thanks your post wasn't a typical 'the pre sucks this is why' it was a nice read, and non of the problems listed can really be disputed. palm has some work ahead of them.
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing
    NP, just busting chops.
    Oh, okay-
    I'll put it back! LoL

(jk)
    I was ****ed about the too many cards error on cousins sprint. also the pre plus in the verzion store was really slow. but i realized that the update was running in the background. but i went to check out the pre at verizon this weekend. it was buttery smooth. I'm still waiting for palm to show at&t some pre plus love
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    good points but while you may use shazam and bar code scanner once a week, you use the os every time you use the phone.
    you inspired me to make a thread asking that very question
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast