1.    #1  
    I am a one day Pre owner and so far so good but all this talk about Palm being sold is honestly scaring me. One has to wonder what the future holds in the way of any future updates, apps, etc.

I realize this will be pure speculation but how do you guys feel about this?

I am still within my return period.
    Last edited by RealDeal71; 04/13/2010 at 02:50 PM.
    I wouldn't let all the chatter rattle you. It's like trying to drive with binoculars! Think about it. You bought a phone with a one-year warranty. That warranty will be honored. Enjoy the phone. A year from now, check out your options.
    I'm sure they'll keep coming with updates and webOS will still exist, the individual from Palm who announced the hot Palm app site said that no matter what happens they will continue to develop webos. Considering there is a huge investment in it (and it's by far the best mobile OS) I don't think anyone would dump it, I'd guess they'd probably invest more deeply in it in fact.
    Agreed. Anything happening in the near future wouldn't have a profound effect, if any, on your experience until after it would be time for your next phone upgrade anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by sq5 View Post
    Agreed. Anything happening in the near future wouldn't have a profound effect, if any, on your experience until after it would be time for your next phone upgrade anyway.
    +1
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RealDeal71 View Post
    I am a one day Pre owner and so far so good but all this talk about Palm being sold is honestly scaring me. One has to wonder what the future holds in the way of any future updates, apps, etc.

I realize this will be pure speculation but how do you guys feel about this?

I am still within my return period.
    What, and get rid of the best phone out there! Stick with it, you won't regret it!!!
  7.    #7  
    My alternative was possibly the HTC Touch Pro 2.
    I dont think youre gonna want to move to windows mobile.. You have plenty of time in your 30 day window. Enjoy it and if you really are concerned you will probably have news to revisit your decision within 30 days.
    Why would you get a win-mo phone you're better off with a feature phone there will be a lot less frustration
    I wouldn't worry about it right now. I think the phone will still be released in europe and I also think at&t will still sell the pre. I know that's a big assumption but buyouts usually take a while to happen. I will hold on to my pre till the end of the road. If apps keep coming then I see no reason to get rid of it. I think the palm guys should come out with one killer update that makes the phone complete. We can only hope.

Even if there are no updates to come. I have to give credit for palm giving it one hell of a try to making the phone one of the best to ever hit the market.

also I wouldn't ever consider going back to a windows phone. That's a step backwards in my eyes. Slow and outdated software and until the hd2 came out, the hardware was too. Too bad the hd2 will not be upgraded to win 7.
    i say keep it...even in worst case scenario (palm gets sold and new company ditches webos) you still have one of the best smart phones out there at the moment. your carrier will still supply u with service...and u will still be able to use it exactly the way u can now. palm being sold will have no impact on your pre (except maybe in terms of future software updates but as it stands now it's already a great phone).
    You'll definitely regret that decision if you do it. You can't go to WinMo 6 after webOS. You just can't do it.
    Well you have your news now... It doesn't seem like bad news either...the community of devices should grow as well as the app catalog. Rock on.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by abbodabbodo View Post
    Well you have your news now... It doesn't seem like bad news either...the community of devices should grow as well as the app catalog. Rock on.
    Seems like VERY good news!!!!

HP On Palm Acquisition: “Our Intent Is To Double Down On WebOS”