Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1.    #1  
    It seems, from what I have read, that we cannot change the sounds/tones associated with SMS and Email messages.

    I want to ensure that this info is still correct and there's been no changes.

    This seems totally bizarre to me!
  2. #2  
    There's a patch that allows you to change the message tone. You can have unique tones for each user, but it will be the same regardless if it is an SMS or chat message.

    Same for email notification. You can change it to ringtone and change it to whatever you want.
  3. elryon's Avatar
    Posts
    715 Posts
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordbane View Post
    There's a patch that allows you to change the message tone. You can have unique tones for each user, but it will be the same regardless if it is an SMS or chat message.

    Same for email notification. You can change it to ringtone and change it to whatever you want.
    I think the email has a built in to have different sound per email account receiving an email... such as a specified tone for your gmail and another for hotmail... and so on. But Since I don't actually use more than one account I cannot be sure.
    Avatar on Left Patch
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

    Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

    Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    I think the email has a built in to have different sound per email account receiving an email... such as a specified tone for your gmail and another for hotmail... and so on. But Since I don't actually use more than one account I cannot be sure.
    it does allow for account specific tones and the other patch is yours - the sms one in your signiture -- great patch -- as soon as my wife goes back to work i will donate
    thanks for all of your work

    Rob
  5. #5  
    You are able to add different sounds for both email and SMS.
    For email you will find under the preferences and account settings
    select the account you want then in the new message section tap the system sound and from the drop down select ringtone, this will then open a new area that you can add your selected tone.

    For SMS the homebrew patch SMS Tone per contact.
  6. #6  
    You can change the default messaging tone without a patch. It's under the Preferences menu in the Messaging app.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by laelipoo View Post
    You can change the default messaging tone without a patch. It's under the Preferences menu in the Messaging app.
    right but with the patch you can set sms tones for indivduals
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by laelipoo View Post
    You can change the default messaging tone without a patch. It's under the Preferences menu in the Messaging app.

    Can you also have the tones repeat at certain intervals? If so, I must have missed that
  9. #9  
    No, to do that you have to install a patch--Repeat Message Notification tone.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by laelipoo View Post
    No, to do that you have to install a patch--Repeat Message Notification tone.
    Ok, got that patch. Thanks!
  11. #11  
    get an error everytime i try to install SMS tone per Contact
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by kofasetic View Post
    get an error everytime i try to install SMS tone per Contact
    there is a patch called select alert and notification tones -- it conflicts with the sms per contact patch -- if you have this one you can delete it as the sms per tone patch has these fetures integrated
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    there is a patch called select alert and notification tones -- it conflicts with the sms per contact patch -- if you have this one you can delete it as the sms per tone patch has these fetures integrated
    don't have that particular patch but it still failed. running latest update.
    this is what the log says:
    Postinst:
    patch would create the file.....which already exists!
    Assume -R [n] Apply anyway [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file....


    Failed:
    ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during post-install script execution
  14. #14  
    sorry i cannot help you then i would look for patches that seem to conflict with simular operations --when i first went to instal this patch i couldn't figure where the conflict was so i ran the EPR -- i wanted this patch -- then i installed it first and then when i came to something in conflict i knew what it was -- sorry i cannot be more helpful then that

    Rob
  15. #15  
    since I don't have 10 posts yet, I can't see the urls...can someone say the name so I can search for it?
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by aculpon View Post
    since i don't have 10 posts yet, i can't see the urls...can someone say the name so i can search for it?
    "messaging-notification-repeat"

Posting Permissions