Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1.    #1  
    bought out Palm. Call me a protectionist if you please, but it's bad enough we manufacture through Foxconn (IIRC), the most evil corporation in the world. I don't know if I'm prepared for a corrupt corporation like Huawei, supported by an equally corrupt Chinese government, to be pouring money (and no doubt, influence) into Palm. Lets keep SOME things American, shall we?
  2. #2  
    Dey took er palm!!!
  3. bruba's Avatar
    Posts
    743 Posts
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    #3  
    America. **** yeah! .........
  4. #4  
    I wouldn't buy a chinese palm product.
  5. #5  
    .....most of the things in a plam phone are made in china...htc isent an amercan company nor is samsung sony leveno etc...
  6.    #6  
    I know, and i said that it is manufactured in China, everything is manufactured in China...can we leave it at that or do we have to have China own our companies (operations) as well?
  7. #7  
    Honestly, the individual company matters, not the location of its headquarters. Sony and HTC put out fine hardware. So do LG and Samsung. All depends on the quality control and R&D of the company at hand.

    I personally don't know too much about Huawei, and they may be a poor answer for Palm. But I think it'd be a mistake to "Keep it American" just for protectionist/nationalistic purposes.
  8.    #8  
    Sony is Japanese, LG, Samsung are Korean (which are both way less corrupt than China) ...HTC is fine if we HAVE to go that route, but I would much rather keep financial/operational influence here the in states, much like Google, Apple, and hell, all the rest of the Silicon Valley companies.


    Do you not think that the company digging Palm out of its grave is NOT going to have significant influence?
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by kbritt31 View Post
    Sony is Japanese, LG, Samsung are Korean (which are both way less corrupt than China) ...HTC is fine if we HAVE to go that route, but I would much rather keep financial/operational influence here the in states, much like Google, Apple, and hell, all the rest of the Silicon Valley companies.


    Do you not think that the company digging Palm out of its grave is NOT going to have significant influence?
    SO what if they do? China OWNS THE US. why are you gonna complain when they bail palm out when the government has been getting bailed out by china for years.

    this is one of the most ignorant comments ive seen. nationalistic approaches never work. were a global economy. You think google, apple, and all the rest of silicon valley doesn't have deep pocketed foreign investors? if you don't than ur dreaming.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by S.hasan546 View Post
    SO what if they do? China OWNS THE US. why are you gonna complain when they bail palm out when the government has been getting bailed out by china for years.

    this is one of the most ignorant comments ive seen.
    and when did I say it was okay for the government to be bailed out by China???

    that's not right either.

    Unfortunately that is water under the bridge at this point, and this is the Palm Pre forum. Sorry for wanting us to retain SOME industry and wanting to keep Palm HQ'd in Sunnyvale
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by kbritt31 View Post
    Sony is Japanese, LG, Samsung are Korean (which are both way less corrupt than China) ...HTC is fine if we HAVE to go that route, but I would much rather keep financial/operational influence here the in states, much like Google, Apple, and hell, all the rest of the Silicon Valley companies.


    Do you not think that the companies digging Palm out of their grave is NOT going to have significant influence?
    A lot of Palms value to a future owner could be the patents held by the company.

    I'm not sure if I like the idea of a foreign based company buying Palm JUST to use the patents to defend against Apple infringement litigation...

    Call me protectionist but buying an American based company to take on the intellectual property of another American company...

    I'd just like to keep Palm and Apple uniquely American. Sure, we don't build the crap here anymore but why hand the whole deal to another country?
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by S.hasan546 View Post
    SO what if they do? China OWNS THE US. why are you gonna complain when they bail palm out when the government has been getting bailed out by china for years.

    this is one of the most ignorant comments ive seen. nationalistic approaches never work. were a global economy. You think google, apple, and all the rest of silicon valley doesn't have deep pocketed foreign investors? if you don't than ur dreaming.
    according to this guy since china already owns the US, hell, lets just GIVE them our private industry too! On the count of three, all american corporations move your **** to China!
  13. #13  
    +1 on keeping Palm out of China... at least until that country gets a grip in it's views on encouraging KIRF products (fake brands), hacking, and human rights. I'm no PC person by any means, but that country has run amuk and already has too much control in most industries with little control on important stuff in it's own country.

    I honestly don't think Palm will be purchased by a Chinese company... after all, it's far easier/cheaper to simply steal ideas over there than buy them. /personal opinions
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    +1 on keeping Palm out of China... at least until that country gets a grip in it's views on encouraging KIRF products (fake brands), hacking, and human rights. I'm no PC person by any means, but that country has run amuk and already has too much control in most industries with little control on important stuff in it's own country.

    I honestly don't think Palm will be purchased by a Chinese company... after all, it's far easier/cheaper to simply steal ideas over there than buy them. /personal opinions
    this ^^^^^^^^^^^^
  15. #15  
    I meant to say most of the major compaines are foreign and asian based companies. I think it's ok if they buy palm there digging us out of a deep ditch if they intend to keep webos.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by sracercelica View Post
    I wouldn't buy a chinese palm product.
    look inside your palm... its to late!

    I do understand what you mean though keep some form of the company still alive without it being taken over.
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing

Posting Permissions