1.    #1  
    This morning I had to take pictures of something within my condo and send them to someone. Somewhat important. I took three pictures and sent them. Three hours later, i check my phone and my email on my work computer and this email was not in the sent folder. Other email that I sent after that (without pictures attached) were in the sent folder. Why is it that the email with pictures doesn't show up in the sent folder? Does this mean the recipient didn't get the email? It's a little frustrating not knowing if the email went through or not.

Also, is this an issue with yahoomail? Is gmail better with the pre?
    There is a setting in Yahoo to save sent mail to "Sent Mail" folder. It is not selected by default. You can try that.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by downsouth11 View Post
    There is a setting in Yahoo to save sent mail to "Sent Mail" folder. It is not selected by default. You can try that.
    No, sent emails ARE going to my sent folder. These specific emails, WITH PICTURE ATTACHMENTS, aren't showing up in my sent folder, on my phone and work computer. It is now 12:20 pm central time, and the first email i sent this morning, 8 am, with pictures attached hasen't shown up in the sent folder. Why is that? Can anyone help me out with this? Thanks.

update: I just checked my sent folder on my phone and the email I sent this morning at 8 am now shows up in my sent folder with the time of 1:20pm. Awesome. So does this mean it didn't get sent out until 1:20pm? That can't be. I only attached three pictures.
    Last edited by daisy96; 04/13/2010 at 02:24 PM.
    What are the sizes of the attached pictures? Also, does this also happen with an email sent w/o any attachments? Please try w/o any attachments if you have not already done so.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    First of all, keep in mind that sending 10mb in an email attachment is usually the limit. Then again, if you didn't get a notification that your email wasn't deliverable, then you were probably okay and the email should be sent ok.
    I just tested this problem of yours with my Pre . I have a Yahoo account and a Gmail account set up on my Pre, and I've emailed a picture from my Yahoo to my Gmail. The Gmail received the email fine, and after a few minutes, the email finally showed up on the sent folder in my Yahoo account. That should verify that it works.
    How many pictures did you send? I can try running the same test with more attachments.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoNinjaGo View Post
    First of all, keep in mind that sending 10mb in an email attachment is usually the limit. Then again, if you didn't get a notification that your email wasn't deliverable, then you were probably okay and the email should be sent ok.
    I just tested this problem of yours with my Pre . I have a Yahoo account and a Gmail account set up on my Pre, and I've emailed a picture from my Yahoo to my Gmail. The Gmail received the email fine, and after a few minutes, the email finally showed up on the sent folder in my Yahoo account. That should verify that it works.
    How many pictures did you send? I can try running the same test with more attachments.
    Thanks for doing that. Much appreciated. I sent three photos. Since your test showed the email in your yahoo sent box a few minutes later, I may have to chalk my scenario up as bad luck perhaps. I'm pretty sure the email got through but for piece of mind, it would be nice to see the email in the sent folder instantly, if it's important, but it doesn't look like that will always be the case.
    She said that she attached 3 pics to the email. It sounds like the email was eventually sent but she has to remember that the larger the file size the longer it takes for the email to be sent, depending on her connection speed. And as Achilles said, 10MBs is generally the limit for attachments but we don't know the size of her pics. We don't what her upload speed is. I would assume her upload speed is in the mid 100kbs if she is on Sprint or Verizon.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    What are the sizes of the attached pictures? Also, does this also happen with an email sent w/o any attachments? Please try w/o any attachments if you have not already done so.
    yea, emails without attachments showed up fairly soon after sending, in the sent folder, I checked that. three pics total 1887KB. Now looking at my sent folder, the emails are showing up, but it doesn't make sense that they show up in the sent folder so much later after sending them.
    If you are truly worried about it, I'd suggest simply resending the same email to another account you have (gmail, etc) and seeing when the email arrives, and how long it takes to show in your Sent folder.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    If you are truly worried about it, I'd suggest simply resending the same email to another account you have (gmail, etc) and seeing when the email arrives, and how long it takes to show in your Sent folder.
    That sounds like a good idea. Or instead of resending, you can always CC or BCC yourself to make sure that an important email was indeed sent. But I'm glad they are showing up now. I'm sure they showed up in the sent folder later because of the attachments and the size of the email.