Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My buddy just got a verizon palm pre plus. Weird thing was on the first connection and immediate speedtest we got 1.2Mbps. Then every test after that it just hovered at 200Kbps.

Not sure if it's the ipad or the palm pre So neither my sprint pre or verizon palm pre plus can get a good connection.

Looks like i'm going to try to exchange my ipad for a 3G.
    There are sporatic reports that post 1.4.1 update. MyTether has suffered some degraded speed issues.
    MyTether won't connect with ipod touch/ipad. See mytether.net the forums are lighting up

(tried to add a screenshot from ipod touch from flickr but not working)
    Last edited by The818studios; 05/07/2010 at 12:56 PM.
    Handspring Visor Deluxe - Palm V - Palm Vx - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 680 - Centro- PRE!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by The818studios View Post
    MyTether won't connect with ipod touch/ipad. See mytether.net the forums are lighting up
    Thankfully, this does not apply to ipad's, or not my iPad, anyway, because I am surfing on it using a MyTether connection.

I do not own an iPhone or an iPod Touch. Good luck to 'em, though.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    odd...mytether works on both my 1st gen iPod Touch and my 64gb iPad WiFi....
    Same problem here. My Ipad is slow as balls when i connect via mobile hotspot. heck its slow even on a good wifi. its just beat. Also i noticed one thing.. the verizon hotspot when tethered is a lot faster than sprints hotspot.. wonder why? i thought sprint would be faster.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    You know, I think we should probably clarify. Maybe it's just me, but when I see tether I think wired first, even though we sort of call the others tethering too.

So the three options the Pre supports for sharing connections (depending on what software you're using of course):
    USB Tethering: Won't work.
    Bluetooth PAN: Not sure but maybe someone who has one can answer.
    Wifi Mobile Hotspot: Will work.

But if all you're wondering is if you can use your Pre to get the iPad on the internet, then of course the answer is yes.
    1: matter of missing feature, mytether supports usb tethering
    2: works, tethered my archos 5 IT over bluetooth
    3: true
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    I get abound 12 kB/sec on my ipod touch with my wifes pixi plus and me and my brothers sprint pres. You can't even watch a youtube video with it let alone fownload something so it's pretty much worthless.
    Is anyone using this combination to tether the iPad?
    Sprint Palm Pre using MyTether over bluetooth. (I'm aware of the other options, but this is the combo I've been using reliably with my MacBook.) Thanks.
    I have been trying to get Bluetooth tethering working with my iPad to save battery life. You will run into the same slowness issue though because BT tethering tops out at around 200kbps.

I currently use MHS with my iPad but have run into the same problems as others in this thread with slow download speeds. It seems to top out at 150kbps. The weird thing is upload speed is in the 400-500kbps range.

This seems to be a problem with the MHS and MyTether apps because I had a Droid X for a couple weeks and the tethering on that phone had no issues at all.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by PCHFlyer View Post
    Is anyone using this combination to tether the iPad?
    Sprint Palm Pre using MyTether over bluetooth. (I'm aware of the other options, but this is the combo I've been using reliably with my MacBook.) Thanks.
    Of course. It works fine except my speeds and signal aren't great in this area. Browsing is fine but streaming, notsomuch. Strange that it shares a 66% slower connection than the Pre has without tethering on.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    having the same problems with speed. I am using the latest MHS with the patch. Works fine on my laptop but terrible on ipad. So annoying. Anything new out there to address this? Does freetether work better?
    Quote Originally Posted by wvvol View Post
    having the same problems with speed. I am using the latest MHS with the patch. Works fine on my laptop but terrible on ipad. So annoying. Anything new out there to address this? Does freetether work better?
    Ditto. Consistently see 150kbps down but 500kbps up when connecting my 3rd gen touch via verizon pre+ mhs on a very strong 3G signal. In fact the signal is good enough to stream Vudu SD on my Panny bluray player using the pre's mhs. I wish we could figure out the problem with the apple's compatibility.
    Do it everyday. Free tether is so much faster than my tether. So glad someone came up with something better.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12