Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1.    #1  
    The endless ravings about "What if Palm goes out of business?" "What if Palm sells?".

    You realize that Palm didn't develop the smartphone, Palm bought into the whole phone thing. Handspring is the one who developed this line of Smartphones out of Palms OS. Palm Bought Handspring. So what happened to us first early adopters of Handsprings Smartphones? The phones got better. I must say Handsprings phones were much more advanced when they were released than what was out there.
    But, I am sure we will be fine.
  2. #2  
    ^ this is deep ^
  3. #3  
    ur saying webos was made from palm os?
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    The endless ravings about "What if Palm goes out of business?" "What if Palm sells?".

    You realize that Palm didn't develop the smartphone, Palm bought into the whole phone thing. Handspring is the one who developed this line of Smartphones out of Palms OS. Palm Bought Handspring. So what happened to us first early adopters of Handsprings Smartphones? The phones got better. I must say Handsprings phones were much more advanced when they were released than what was out there.
    But, I am sure we will be fine.
    And I take it you know the hisstory of Handspring, RIGHT?

    The original founders of Palm became dissatisfied with the direction the new owners (3Com) were taking the company, and ledt to form their own comapny - Handspring. The two companiew (Palm and Handspring) later merged and kept the Palm name.
  5.    #5  
    are you talking about the hisstory of Palm OS or Palm One or Handspring?
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by kbritt31 View Post
    ^ this is deep ^
    +1
  7. #7  
    I'm not sure I follow the OP...
  8. bruba's Avatar
    Posts
    743 Posts
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    #8  
    Does it matter?

    If Palm gets sold we don't know what will happen, but I highly doubt they'll just throw webOS away.
  9. Andreas's Avatar
    Posts
    896 Posts
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    #9  
    Just throw away the person responsible for international sales. Loved the Handspring devices and loved their customer support even more.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    are you talking about the hisstory of Palm OS or Palm One or Handspring?
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    And I take it you know the hisstory of Handspring, RIGHT?
    ...
    I thought I was pretty clear.
  11. #11  
    I think we was trying to say that "Palm devices" continued even after a buyout / merger, and that Palm will thus continue after this possible buyout.

    I'm not entirely sure that the logic holds, but I think that was the point.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    I think we was trying to say that "Palm devices" continued even after a buyout / merger, and that Palm will thus continue after this possible buyout.

    I'm not entirely sure that the logic holds, but I think that was the point.
    He's being less focused than that and saying that smartphones in general will keep being made and evolving. Which, I'm sure, takes a load of worry off of everyones shoulders who thought the industry would implode should something happen to Palm. :P
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    The endless ravings about "What if Palm goes out of business?" "What if Palm sells?".

    You realize that Palm didn't develop the smartphone, Palm bought into the whole phone thing. Handspring is the one who developed this line of Smartphones out of Palms OS. Palm Bought Handspring. So what happened to us first early adopters of Handsprings Smartphones? The phones got better. I must say Handsprings phones were much more advanced when they were released than what was out there.
    But, I am sure we will be fine.
    I understand what your point is however the major difference between then and now is back then there were no major smartphone makers and the market was wide open. Now there are dominant players like Apple, RIM and Android. Palm was able to be the major smartphone maker back then because there was no serious competition. A company that wants to break into the smartphone business now has a lot more to consider and worry about, unless your HTC and just want the patents, which is what a lot of us fear may happen.
  14.    #14  
    All my point was is that Web OS is not going away.
    Our profiles are not going away.
    There are 20 new threads daily on WebOS going away.
  15. #15  
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

Posting Permissions