1.    #1  
    Search and saw a bunch of older posts and was hoping by now there's some way to get my contact's birthdays to show up in the calendar. I do not sync with Google.

Is this possible yet?
    I dont believe you can do that currently from the base WebOS build but I think "theres an app for that"
    "birthdays anniverseries & more!" $1.99
  3.    #3  
    That app has some real bad reviews... is there anything else? This seems like something that should be a "no-brainer" and have been built into the OS.
  4.    #4  
    *bump*
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RealDeal71 View Post
    I do not sync with Google.
    You'd need to start.
    Use Google and add the birthdays calendar.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSuSE View Post
    You'd need to start.
    Ok, I'll give it a shot. I have ALOT of appointments past and future in my Pre. What's the best way to ensure that they all get synced correctly with the Google Calendar?
    The fact that webOS doesn't sync facebook contact birthdays into the calendar is one of the greatest gripes I have with the platform.

It says something about the quality of a restaurant if the only problem that you have with it is the head waiter's haircut.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Use Google and add the birthdays calendar.

When you say "add the birthdays calendar", what exactly do you mean?
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    When you say "add the birthdays calendar", what exactly do you mean?
    Within your Google Calendar you can add a birthday calendar that will add the birthday events for the contacts you have on that account (provided they contain birth dates, of course).
    That app has some real bad reviews... is there anything else? This seems like something that should be a "no-brainer" and have been built into the OS.
    The $1.99 app pulls the birthday field in Google contacts. There is a free app, also called Birthdays, accessible via Preware or WebOS Quick Intall, that uses the Palm Contacts address field.