1.    #1  
    I am noticing today that a couple of specific songs from the same album are not working on my stock pre, no patches or anything. The song just hangs and on one occasion when I waited a while, it ended up skipping over to the next song. I was messing around by deleting and re adding and it didn't work. I then noticed these two songs were in m4p format. Not sure what that is, but I also noticed another song that is in m4a format works just fine. The two songs that don't work were purchased off of itunes, but so was the one that does work. I'm almost positive these two specific songs that aren't working today were previously playing ok in the past. Does it have something to do with the format? any ideas? Thanks.
  2.    #2  
    any ideas? I'll let it slide to the second page after this bump.
    First off, any music that is purchased from Itunes will NOT work on your Pre. If it did work in the past, it was somehow bugged. Purchased music from itunes is not supported by WebOS. If you try and play protected music, the song will stay at -0:00 time and will not progress.

Media formats supported are as follows:

Media formats supported
    Audio formats: MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, AMR, QCELP, WAV
    Video formats: MPEG-4, H.263, H.264

The easiest format is to use mp3 formats for music.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    What the previous poster said. If you need to know what formats will and will not play on the Pre just visit Palm's site. Its all there under Media.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    I'm also having the same issue. Before the update all songs played fine, now some skip for no reason.