Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    When I delete emails from my pre it automatically get deleted from my gmail account. How can I prevent this from happening? I'll like to keep this from happening...
    it's still in the trash folder you can put it back in the inbox folder.
    go to the email in the trash folder ipen it and click gesture are plus M and it will give you a list of the folders you want to to move it to.
    Quote Originally Posted by olidie View Post
    When I delete emails from my pre it automatically get deleted from my gmail account. How can I prevent this from happening? I'll like to keep this from happening...
    On Android it's a mirror copy of the online gmail account.

Why would you want your Pre's gmail to be different from the online account?
    Quote Originally Posted by olidie View Post
    The methods to not do this are a little involved. You'd have to set it as a POP3 account, and then set it not to delete received email off the server.

I think a better option would be to set a shorter time frame on how long the emails are shown on your Pre, and otherwise let it remain a mirror of the account.

I have my accounts set to show email on the Pre for only 7 days.

Another option might be to create a folder called "Pre", "Read" or something similar, and move the emails to that folder after you've read them on the Pre. Then they're not deleted, but you don't have to see them in the Inbox on the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post

I think a better option would be to set a shorter time frame on how long the emails are shown on your Pre, and otherwise let it remain a mirror of the account.

I have my accounts set to show email on the Pre for only 7 days.
    I assume this is a rolling 7 day period? Each day, a new set of emails rolls on and a new set of emails rolls off?

ETA: Or, I should have said...Each day, the old emails drop off and the new emails come in as they are received?
    Last edited by whitenack; 05/10/2010 at 03:43 PM.