Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1.    #61  
    yep, easily
    I bought it and have been playing for 15 minutes or so. So far, I'm really liking it. Definitely worth the $7
    this just in

I suck at NOVA multiplayer

I can't seem to get the movement + aiming + shooting working well like everyone else does online.
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Grr i wish i had 7 bucks lol. anyone wanna wire 7 bucks to my paypal account for me? lol

and someone needs to post a youtube video of this game running on the pre.

~ Wolfenstein pre-D, Now in Pre-Alpha! ~
    Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    this just in

I suck at NOVA multiplayer

I can't seem to get the movement + aiming + shooting working well like everyone else does online.
    what is your player id -- i suck too --

mespiff

rob
    Been playing since it came out...

Played on easy. Finished.
    Played on medium, made sure to complete every side quest.
    Playing on hard now, looking to nab some of the last achievements.
    Also played on mutliplayer online. So much fun! Took a bit to get used with the weapons lying around but took it to them. 23 kills oh yeah
    Also did a wifi with friends, one on iphone, other on pre. That was a blast :P I was having trouble turning but I just changed the sensitivity. Hopefully that will help. Will try again when I get out of class

Graphics 10/10 Excellent. Handles well on Pre

Music 10/10 It hasn't annoyed me yet.

Story 7/10 People say it's a Halo ripoff. Well, only the graphics I say. The ending was super "meh". So, story gets a 7 from me. It's not horrible, just kinda, eh.

People say omg 7$. I say, if you multiplay, this is totally worth it.
    Huh...I'm pretty interested in this after all the positive reviews...gah! I shouldn't spend the $7...but maybe I will, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremyricci View Post
    Huh...I'm pretty interested in this after all the positive reviews...gah! I shouldn't spend the $7...but maybe I will, lol.
    IMO, it's definitely worth the $7... Lots of fun to be had
    my ID is neville1355

feel free to add me if you want some easy kills
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Just in case anyone missed it I started a thread where you can add your Gameloft ID's so people can friend you or play against you. It's not N.O.V.A. Specific but Gameloft Live goes across most of their games so it shouldn't be a problem.

Here's a handy link to the Gameloft Live ID thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    my ID is neville1355

feel free to add me if you want some easy kills
    Neville your battery monitor ap is one of my favorites -- i just installed the version from the dev who took it over and it is nice but you built the foundation Thanks so much -- i really suck at this game -- so i will add you and hope to see you in there sometime -- should be able to reciprocate with some easy kills for you too
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Does this game have the same online play over 3G network as modern combat. I haven't seen anybody clearly mention this, I have no wifi and love to play online.....PLEASE DO TELL!!! I will buy it and you'll all have one more fool running around to kill.
    sure does. I play over 3G on my breaks at work and WiFi when I get home.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xome1983 View Post
    sure does. I play over 3G on my breaks at work and WiFi when I get home.
    Thanks, xome1983

Now I download, this phone is too sick to die.....i love it!!!!
    I feel the same way. Pop onto the Gameloft Live ID thread I posted above and yours to the list so we can friend ya, and maybe play a lil online.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Ok I added my name to the list, I need some sleep now, but when I wakeup watch out....rookie coming through!!! LOL
    Ok guys, I know this isn't the Review section but here's a quick review for N.O.V.A. I wrote for MobiObie.com (Which will be up and running very very soon ) I figured since we've all been waiting for it I'd go ahead and post it in this thread.

Well folks, N.O.V.A. Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance (That's a mouthful) is finally here. It seems that out of all of the wonderful offerings Gameloft could have brought to the Pre this was at the top of just about everyone's list. Does it live up to the hype? In this reviewers opinion it certainly does.

Obviously this title is a clone of a successful console franchise as with a few other titles in Gameloft's catalog (Namely Halo this time around) but I wouldn't call that a bad thing. You start off as an ex-marine Kal Wardin forcefully coerced into rejoining during the height of an invasion and from there you fight your way through space stations, lush jungles, and frozen wastelands. The graphics are fantastic. Vibrant colors, detailed with as many polygons as the Pre can push make make this title stand alone at the top of the heap. 13 levels in the single player keep you busy, but even with the ever changing backdrop the gameplay can get a touch on the stale side, you'll find yourself doing the same sort of things over and over again.

Where this title really shines however is in the multiplayer. Hook up with friends for a quick battle via local wifi or hop online for a random match against strangers (or friends). The more you play online the more you'll feel right at home, especially if you're a fan of the Halo series. Even here there are some issues that arise. Respawn points are set in stone so memorize them and you can easily frag your opponents into oblivion, but by the same token when you start out you will certainly find yourself running for your life right out of the gate. There are no high powered leaps like Halo, no bounding across the map on your own accord, instead you'll have to rely on being launched into the stratosphere at predetermined ramps marked with glowing arrows.

The controls for N.O.V.A. are essentially the same as other entries from Gameloft. A virtual joystick on the left (or right if you're so inclined) deals with movement, while a finger swipe on the screen controls aiming and looking around. A single red fire button is there to shoot, as well as the standard grenade button just above it. The one thing that can get a bit tedious is switching weapons. Instead of the double tap like in Modern Combat: Sandstorm they went with a swipe up or down to scroll through them. Often times during the heat of battle it was hard to swipe to the weapon I wanted before getting blown away. One of the more interesting aspects of the controls is the ability to freeze enemies... That is of course if you don't forget. The button in the top left corner is tiny, and hard to navigate if you're fingers are...um... man sized. Fatter thumbs like my own often means pausing the game instead of freezing enemies. Still, a small issue like this doesn't deter from what otherwise is the best game on webOS to date. N.O.V.A. gets an easy 9 out of 10 from me.
  18.    #78  
    add me louis6279
    Once I get my Debit Card I the mail I'm going to buy this. I can't wait for multiplayer over 3G!
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Controls take time getting used to but the graphics and gameplay is just awesome. I'm coming from a blackberry so it doesn't take much to impress me but this is pretty nice!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast