Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I switched from palm pre to HTC-hero and im so unhappy lol. I thought android was a good os. This is junk compare to the webos. The phone is definatley a step up in hardware and feel but android sucks lol. I did not expect the os to be this clunky and confusing. It does everything the pre does but its just not as smoothly thought out. I need htc to buy palm now and fix this issue. This is not on par with webos. So far everything android does the pre did better. Im giving it a week. If im still unhappy after that its going on ebay. Now im not even looking forward to the htc evo. I've had 6 pre's already. This sucks.
    craigslist?
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    I switched from palm pre to HTC-hero and im so unhappy lol. I thought android was a good os. This is junk compare to the webos. The phone is definatley a step up in hardware and feel but android sucks lol. I did not expect the os to be this clunky and confusing. It does everything the pre does but its just not as smoothly thought out. I need htc to buy palm now and fix this issue. This is not on par with webos. So far everything android does the pre did better. Im giving it a week. If im still unhappy after that its going on ebay. Now im not even looking forward to the htc evo. I've had 6 pre's already. This sucks.
    I am currently using a Moment and there are definitely ups and downs to both.

The Pre does multitasking way better and more smoothly than Android. Switching between apps on Android somewhat clumsy, and the Pre also handles notifications much better.

On the other hand, I love that you can customize your home screen on Android with widgets and shortcuts. It would really be great if WebOS did this. It seems a little counterproductive to have nothing more than wallpaper to look at for a "home screen" on WebOS.

The apps are also better on Android, and I don't just mean the quantity of them. Just one example....there are several free weather apps on Android that will show my GPS location on a map with radar and other info. There isn't a single app on WebOS that will do this, not even any of the paid apps do it.
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    Is Android clumsy with Touch Flo?
    It doesn't have touchflo it has a new thing htc calls sense
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    I despise copy/paste on Android.
    ---Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around his or her neck that says, "Make me feel important." Not only will you succeed in sales, you will succeed in life.
    Sense is alot nicer than the core Android home screen. But Android really IMHO feels like it's missing out on something. It's just so.. I don't know it feels really stereotypical and there's nothing about it that stands out. When you really start doing things you want with Android you start to notice how ugly the screens really are and how sluggish it can get.

With webOS I feel like everything was laid out from someone who really cared, while Android just feels mashed together and thrown into the market. I'll be sad if webOS phases out, because it's so beautiful, so useful, and so easy and fun.

On the flip side, if you put up with Android's crap, they do have alot more apps than webOS. Which will probably keep Android alive longer.
    Just hand a friend dump the droid for the pre plus bc android os is just clunky...so I dont think you are alone in your thoughts.... can you just trade it back for a pre? Or maybe if you are not a fan of the slider go for the pixi for a bit as people seem to say its more solid since its a candybar style.
    Quote Originally Posted by kd0axs View Post
    I am currently using a Moment and there are definitely ups and downs to both.

The Pre does multitasking way better and more smoothly than Android. Switching between apps on Android somewhat clumsy, and the Pre also handles notifications much better.

On the other hand, I love that you can customize your home screen on Android with widgets and shortcuts. It would really be great if WebOS did this. It seems a little counterproductive to have nothing more than wallpaper to look at for a "home screen" on WebOS.

The apps are also better on Android, and I don't just mean the quantity of them. Just one example....there are several free weather apps on Android that will show my GPS location on a map with radar and other info. There isn't a single app on WebOS that will do this, not even any of the paid apps do it.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but Accuweather uses GPS and also uses radar and other things like that....and its free.
    Phones in Family pre> pre> pre> Centro> Rant
    +1 on the gps weather app...

I saw no difference between the weather app on droid and webos in that gps radar sense of the app...
    This is exactly why I got a Palm. I sold my Android phone and moved on. like others have said clunky, it doesnt hand notifications well,copy and paste is a freaking nightmare and since they have different OS's you can't use all the app on all the OS's. It needs some cleaning up and maturing.

HTC senses did wonders for the HD2 they made for Tmobile..
    I went from the Pre to the Hero and back to the Pre myself. I really do not like Android. The Evo seems so cool, but I can't do Android again. Even 2.1 is not great.

Here's to hoping a new WebOS device comes out soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by kd0axs View Post

meteorology/oceanography major here... i used accuweather and it was very general. the weatherbug paid app is best ive seen and very informative on various maps... just annoys me it doesnt alert you of severe weather.

personally ive seen android and it looks pretty good but i havent officially owned one yet to say for sure. just the keyboard is gunna annoy me for a while thats for sure. if an android weather app to get... its probably weatherbug elite but i like imap weather.

for PC i use this weatherobs - Florida State University Meteorology Department , weatherbug for alerts, and this if i need more detail e-WALL : PSU ELECTRONIC MAP WALL

by the way... i am going EVO in the summer

thank you mytether
    I've said it before and I'll say it again-- my only choice if webOS should disappear is Windows Phone 7. Everything else seems just vanilla and unimaginative.
    THIS IS HOW WE HANDLE BUSINESS
    Quote Originally Posted by glassadam View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again-- my only choice if webOS should disappear is Windows Phone 7. Everything else seems just vanilla and unimaginative.
    now you definatly said it again (you double posted )
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    now you definatly said it again (you double posted )
    Ahahaha that's awesome! Couldn't have worked out better, really.

Precentral Forums always slow down and timeout for me after midnight central time. I've never understood why...
    THIS IS HOW WE HANDLE BUSINESS
    Ahahaha that's awesome! Couldn't have worked out better, really.

Precentral Forums always slow down and timeout for me after midnight central time. I've never understood why...
    cause you touch yourself at night perhaps

thank you mytether
    aaahahha the hero sucks it's such a bad phone I hate it with a passion!
  19.    #19  
    Wow so im not the only one who feels this way. The phone would be great if it had webos on it. Its weird cause android has so much more popularity than webos and its far behind as far as i can tell. The best part of it is the ability to put widgets up but thats not android thats HTC sense. The menus are ugly and navigation is bad, notifications are horrible, texting sucks. Webos is just way ahead in everything. Even the app store is way behind. Yea they have a lot of apps but palms app store is done up so much better. I cant find crap in this one the navigation stinks. Its also ugly. Androids just big on plain black and white screens that scroll. I expected more from google honestly.

I really like the solid feel of the phone though. This phone with webos would be perfect. The pre feels flimsy next to it. Holding both in my hand powered off I wouldnt even consider the pre just based on feel alone. Since webos wont be poping up in a new phone even if its purchased or licensed for a long time prob... I guess i have to hope htc and windows 7 have something nice coming out.
    I too went from the Pre to the Hero and back to the Pre. Nothing competes with WebOS at the moment in my opinion.

To be fair though, the Hero is running an extremely old version of Android. 2.1 is a huge step forward versus the Hero's 1.5. But that was another thing that I despised about Android--the only way to stay current with the software is to buy brand new hardware. The fragmentation is ridiculous and frustrating.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast