Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I plug my phone into my computer, hit the USB mode button, copy photos from my computer to my Pre and then on my computer I click the "safely remove hardware" and the message pops up indicating that I can safely remove the device, but, my phone doesn't go back to the main screen anymore. It just continues to show the picture of the device in USB mode. So, I pull out the cable and then the phone does a short reset on me. Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a way to get my phone so that it will respond correctly when I "remove the device safely" and have it automatically go back to the main screen instead of resetting on me every time?
    Well, first of all, just unplugging the cable is a bad idea. I know it's a pain, but the best solution if that happens would be to shut down the PC you're using to transfer, and it should unmount the drive properly after that. Otherwise you could get corrupted data on the Pre.

Have you tried right clicking on the drive icon and hitting eject? I know in the past with some devices, I've gotten different results when I did it through eject versus safely remove hardware.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    ok! so, when it's in USB mode, ejecting does the trick! Great! thanks! However, if it's in Music sync mode, it not only gets rid of the icon for "safely removing the device" in the my tool bar at the bottom of my computer screen, but it also does not show the icon in "my computer" so that I can right click and "eject" the device. Everything is just gone. any comment with this problem?
    Eject doesn't work if I opened with the windows pop-up 'open folder to view'.

If I do that I still have to go to My Computer, open the pre, close it, then I can eject.

I have not seen the music sync problem. I am using iTunes to sync music (the 9.1 version works)
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    TimH83, have you tried ejecting the drive and then doing the 'Safely remove..' function? That usually works for me. Sometimes I still get the reboot, depending what was loaded or updated. But the USB mode icon is gone.