Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Cisco

Or atleast that's what I read when I went on their site. It actually says "Get WebEx on your Ipad."
    :P

This is just to humor people who take Palm being bought out a bit too seriously.
    I want to know what's going to happen just as much as the next loyal Precentralist. But it's all good.
    You do realize that there are 3 other Cisco threads already, right?
    you forgot to say pass the ball
    Damn, just when I almost had a reason to buy an iPooed.
    I hope they do buy palm.. I've said this in about 8 threads already, but they are worth over 150 billion, and have almost 40 billion cash on hand (apple, and google each have less than 25, but are worth more)

I think that would give web-os the funds it needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    I hope they do buy palm.. I've said this in about 8 threads already, but they are worth over 150 billion, and have almost 40 billion cash on hand (apple, and google each have less than 25, but are worth more)

I think that would give web-os the funds it needs.
    Maybe for the first 1 billion Cisco could give out free phones. It would be new hardware for sure. Then 1 billion blitz in ads. Next they could purchase Sprint and create a company called Palm United. Lastly they could look Apple in the eye and say Bite XX.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    Maybe for the first 1 billion Cisco could give out free phones. It would be new hardware for sure. Then 1 billion blitz in ads. Next they could purchase Sprint and create a company called Palm United. Lastly they could look Apple in the eye and say Bite XX.
    I had something different in mind, but sure, that works to...

lol..

This wouldn't work either as a business move, but Imagine spending 2 billion, just get thousands of employees on a contract for 1 year, improving web-os.. Using the gpu, making the code efficient, making all the apis, and tones, and tones of apps that would normally costs money would be made for free. I just wonder how many units they'd have to sell to make up the cost. Lets say they make 200 dollars off each unit, 2 billion/200 = 10 million. Another 10 million to make up to cost of buying palm, and another 10 for all the other possible cost... O yes, this seems like a genius business move! considering apple has only moved 50 million units in the past 3 years, palm should have no problem quickly selling 30 million /sarcasm...

Alright, it wouldn't be a great business move, but think about how aswome web-os would be!
    It is nice to dream about the Lotto! And once there are at least 10 million phones out there that were given for free with the ad blitz the next year and the year after many of these people would purchase a new Palm since they are now accustomed to WebOS.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    I think money and innovation wise, Cisco is probably their best bet.
    Cisco is a good bet, but only if Palm could remain autonomous.