Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Has Microsoft stolen the Pre's design with it's new "Kin 2"?
    kin.png
    OMFG. there was a thread on this months ago. We've decided that no they haven't. that is a horizontal slider. What pre do you have?
    Ill say no because my pre isn't that ugly.... the keyboard on that makes me sick....
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    The Kin 1 looks like the Pre.
    It is a vertical slider.

Wow that thing looks cheap...
    lmao that does kinda look like a pre, very ugly one though but i can see something their
    According to Engadget, they said the feel of the phones are impressively solid - especially the keyboard.
    Yes, while closed. But that thing does look cheap, and it also has some weird buttons. If the would have utilized more space and made the buttons bigger I think it would make out better.
    If you want to get THAT technical... the Pre stole the Siemens SL10's design.

Honestly, it's a phone. It has to be one form factor or the other, unless of course you're Nokia dreaming up of concepts.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    And we thought we had an "oreo" problem. Wait until that baby gets loose.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    the Pre has innovated a new form factor for smartphones. If I could get an evo sized device with a sleek stone feel, I'd be in heaven
    it does look VERY similar...at least when closed (at least from the pic).
    Quote Originally Posted by groovdafied View Post
    According to Engadget, they said the feel of the phones are impressively solid - especially the keyboard.
    Yep, I read that. I think the Kin One and Kin Two look cool in the hands-on demo. http://thenextweb.com/mobile/2010/04/12/19-handson-minutes-microsofts-kin/
    Last edited by ImmaSlave4U; 04/13/2010 at 12:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by notalexrz View Post
    it does look VERY similar...at least when closed (at least from the pic).
    I agree. Opened it looks much different. Dont really like the keyboard on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by itsALLsubliminal View Post
    the Pre has innovated a new form factor for smartphones. If I could get an evo sized device with a sleek stone feel, I'd be in heaven
    what form factor are you talking about? not the slider. not the qwerty slider. not the vertical slider. not even the vertical qwerty slider (Samsung i620 - Full phone specifications). and not the sleek stone feel (Motorola PEBL - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia).

so, what, the vertical, qwerty, sleek stone feel as a separate form factor due to the addition of the pebl feel?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitterblood View Post
    Has Microsoft stolen the Pre's design with it's new "Kin 2"?
    kin.png
    kinda looks like pre plus but with a ugly key board... Looks cheap