1.    #1  
    ...this: Sprint - HTC EVO™ 4G
    It has a 4G, 32 gig micro sd capability, 8MP camera, 30K apps, FM Radio... HDMI!!!

It has the hotness I want. Please Palm, announce something really cool SOON!
    I want to stay loyal, but my inner demons (the geek deeply imbedded in me) has me looking elsewhere...
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Here's a quick Reality Check -

I have no internet service at my new home (thank you, Embarq and CenturyLink). For the past 4 weeks I have been using my Pre as my wifi for my whole family, which works, but makes the phone run hot.

I looked into the new 4g wireless modem Sprint is advertising - seemed like a great deal. Then I wisely checked out if I was in a 4g area -

Nope. None in Florida (that they identify). Only in major cities (Atlanta, New York, Chicago).

So before you jump onto a 4g phone, find out if you even HAVE 4g coverage close to you!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisack23 View Post
    So before you jump onto a 4g phone, find out if you even HAVE 4g coverage close to you!
    I do!!
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    I don't care for the 4g necessarily.
    It's just the hardware that makes me drool.

I actually cringe at having to use android... sigh.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    i have *STELLAR* WiMax performance (via Clear) where I live, and I too, brother... feel exactly the same.

PALM I HOPE YOU ARE READING

WebOS is no doubt, superior in every way... but your devices of current, hardware wise... are bottom feeding.... I've been strictly Palm-phone since 2006 - please help!
    I looked into the new 4g wireless modem Sprint is advertising - seemed like a great deal. Then I wisely checked out if I was in a 4g area -

Nope. None in Florida (that they identify). Only in major cities (Atlanta, New York, Chicago).
    You should check the sprint website again. There is no 4g offered by Sprint at this time in New York.

Here is the link to the map. Click data on the right and then 4G
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts

I have no internet service at my new home (thank you, Embarq and CenturyLink). For the past 4 weeks I have been using my Pre as my wifi for my whole family, which works, but makes the phone run hot.

Dont keep your mindset in 1999, 4g is about to cover the earth... be optimistic (its totally worth it)
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    Dont keep your mindset in 1999, 4g is about to cover the earth... be optimistic (its totally worth it)
    Did the Walmart deal go through? lol Wishful thinking.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    what does that even mean?

for those that dont know exactly what is '4g' imagine a radio spectrum... 3g being this big: (____________________) for what, 3mbps

now imagine 4g's spectrum, this big: (_) offering 10mbps and beyond*

* WiMAX update IEEE 802.16m expected offer up to 1 Gbit/s fixed speeds.
    WiMAX - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

now *ahem* who wants to talk avoid 4g transition, or be nasty about it because its not deployed in *your* area yet?

be patient, (I DID) i stuck with 3g clearwire (GRUELING, PAINFUL TIME IN MY LIFE) for 2 years.... finally wimax came... a godsend.

I live in Raleigh, NC... a place where super ridiculous broadband should be the norm... but sadly, its not. I can truly state that Clear(WiMAX) is the fastest service for both up and downstream in this area ...

BE PATIENT, and PALM: BE QUICK!!!!
    I really doubt palms going to be releasing anything new.. well maybe the odd press release telling the world whos buying them (or maybe licensing).

we can hope and wish, but I'd highly doubt it.
  11.    #11  
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels this way. I was expecting a bunch of haters.

-Jack Handy, SNL-