View Poll Results: How many pre's and pixi's have you seen in the past month in the wild?

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • None

43 37.07%
  • More than 1 but less than 5

45 38.79%
  • More than 5 but less than 10

19 16.38%
  • More than 10 Palm is taking over!!!!!!

9 7.76%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    theres no vote for one
    it goes from none to more than on but less than 5
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Would it be fair for me to vote? I see way more than 10 on a day to day basis!
    hahahhaha
    none recently but my own
    I'm the only person I know with a Pre (or Pixi, for that matter). I don't know too many VZW customers to begin with but I can certainly say I don't see any Pre Pluses. Here's hoping the situation changes after the AT&T launch (AT&T is the biggest dog around these parts).
    THIS IS HOW WE HANDLE BUSINESS
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Would it be fair for me to vote? I see way more than 10 on a day to day basis!

Does Ruby carry all four?? pre pixi pre plus pixi plus? Which one is his favorite?
    I can update my answer from 0 to 1. A mommy in my son's preschool also has a Pixi. I am guessing it's pretty new, it still has the screen cover that came with it (I can tell because the tab that I cut off the top of mine is still there).
    7. Although I did go to 2 different Sprint stores in the last month.
    I have never seen one in San Francisco.
    Saw my first one last week in New Orleans from a NYC traveler.
    Her battery was dead and she showed us a free charger she just got.
    Energizer was giving away free AA chargers at a Jazz festival.
    1 and it's my brothers
    Quote Originally Posted by miracLe View Post
    None really at school. they all have Crapberries and iFails
    Same, I actually pay close attention to this, while my guy friends are checking out girls as they walk by, I'm craning my neck to see what kinda phone they're using lol.

I would say in an average week, discounting the people I know (because I am literally the only one of my friends without a crapberry) I see 15-20 bbs, 10-15 iphones, and 1-3 others

I actually see centros pretty often and it makes me happy, and I have seen more pixis than pres, and actually can't remember the last time I saw a pre in the wild.
    In the several months of owning a Pixi, I haven't seen anyone else with a Palm WebOS phone. Not until I went to the Palm Developer Day event, where I of course saw lots and lots of palm Pres. However, there were plenty of people with iPhones at the event also. When I questioned why they had iPhones at a PALM event, they sheepishly said "I don't work for Palm", or, "I'm just a contractor". Not a great excuse in my opinion. You'd think that being surrounded by a smartphone with such a great OS would pull them over to the light...
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist
    I found the back cover of of Pixi on the floor of a liquor store. Seriously.
    Ruby uses a Pixi Plus...it was stated in an interview.

In Canada, the Pre really did not take off. I've seen it about 4 times in public.

There are several reasons for this

1) They were elusively on Bell, and while Bell wanted this device to compete with the iPhone on Rogers, they did nothing to promote it.

2) Palm Canada did nothing to promote it. Only ads i saw were on American networks.

3) You can still only get the Pre (not plus) on Bell, no Pixi.

4) The same issue with Verizon.. I bring my Pre to Bell and get cold stares from associates who don't even know what phone it is. I had an employee tell me "dude why didnt you just get an iphone?" with a confused look on his face like I was a complete *****.

5) When the Pre didn't take off on Bell (for their own fault) they decided to get the iPhone, which killed any chances of anyone getting a Pre for the following reason:

6) Canadians...while I am one and love them...either tend to have an inferiority complex with the USA (when they claim to hate Americans)... thus... everyone here wants an iPhone I find because its the 'hippest device'. Or, they are crazy Blackberry lovers because RIM is a Canadian company and they have a hard-on for anything patriotically Canadian.
    btw... is there any way for us to see how many Pre's exist in total in the wild?

Not how many sold, on back order, in repair, blah blah. I mean on every network everywhere, in total.

Im sure Palm, considering each person has a Profile, knows exactly how many WebOS devices are in use.

It would be cool just to have an app with like a ticker that showed the exact number of Pre's being used.

Or...maybe Palm doesn't want people knowing that out of embarrassment...
    One Pre. That's all!
    Where's the option for 1: my own?

Yeah these babies aren't popular around here at all. It's mostly populated by iPhans.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    Ruby uses a Pixi Plus...it was stated in an interview.

In Canada, the Pre really did not take off. I've seen it about 4 times in public.

There are several reasons for this

1) They were elusively on Bell, and while Bell wanted this device to compete with the iPhone on Rogers, they did nothing to promote it.

2) Palm Canada did nothing to promote it. Only ads i saw were on American networks.

3) You can still only get the Pre (not plus) on Bell, no Pixi.

4) The same issue with Verizon.. I bring my Pre to Bell and get cold stares from associates who don't even know what phone it is. I had an employee tell me "dude why didnt you just get an iphone?" with a confused look on his face like I was a complete *****.

5) When the Pre didn't take off on Bell (for their own fault) they decided to get the iPhone, which killed any chances of anyone getting a Pre for the following reason:

6) Canadians...while I am one and love them...either tend to have an inferiority complex with the USA (when they claim to hate Americans)... thus... everyone here wants an iPhone I find because its the 'hippest device'. Or, they are crazy Blackberry lovers because RIM is a Canadian company and they have a hard-on for anything patriotically Canadian.
    Actually Palm Canada did. For a week at least. Around launch time, they set up a booth at Eaton Centre to promote them. I continuously went down during lunch to turn on the Konami Code on them.

As for Bell, they KNEW they were getting the iPhone, they didn't even bother trying.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12