1.    #1  
    my guess is yes. All of the websites and everything about palm would be gone!
    I would say no Palm can make it part of their agreement to sell that the buyer keep webos servers for palm profiles running
    Not if the buyer wants to retain Palm's current customer base. Why would you assume that the buyer wouldn't also retaint Palm's infrastructure for the profiles? I would think, when/if you buy the company, you get all of it, including the current HW that supports all the products in the market place.
  4.    #4  
    if webos is redesigned by htc whos to say we will still be able to sign in. Yeah they will keep it's customers. Because we will all buy whatever the next webos phone is. We don't sign in to webos. We sign in to palm.
    The thing you guys have to understand is, Palm doesn't own palm. The shareholders do.

The board of directors will sell the company if it's in the best interest of the shareholders. That means the company will go to the highest bidder.

The highest bidder can do what they need to do to maximize their investment. However that may be. If it means bye-bye webOS and the related, then so be it. Unfortunate, but that's business.
    Quote Originally Posted by nychump View Post
    The thing you guys have to understand is, Palm doesn't own palm. The shareholders do.

The board of directors will sell the company if it's in the best interest of the shareholders. That means the company will go to the highest bidder.

The highest bidder can do what they need to do to maximize their investment. However that may be. If it means bye-bye webOS and the related, then so be it. Unfortunate, but that's business.
    This is precisely why everyone with a WebOS phone needs to root for Lenovo to win the bid.

HTC and Cisco are only after Palm for their intellectual property. Lenovo wants into the smart phone market and will likely keep the Palm brand and WebOS alive.
    Quote Originally Posted by cloak.n.dagger View Post
    Not if the buyer wants to retain Palm's current customer base. Why would you assume that the buyer wouldn't also retaint Palm's infrastructure for the profiles? I would think, when/if you
    buy the company, you get all of it, including the current HW that suppor
    ts all the products in the market

place.
    +1
    Remember that whoever buys Palm assumes all of their current liabilities. These would include warranty support and maintenance of the infrastructure necessary to keep the products viable for some reasonable period of time. They couldn't simply shutter Palm and leave everyone who's bought a Palm device with a non-functioning product--and, the profile is definitely necessary to maintain a functioning webOS device.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    all my important things like email, contacts and calendar are sync with google. I lost all support for the cloud when 1.3.5 came out and I lost all my contacts. I suggest people start doing the same thing. All I lose is automatic download of installed apps. That is a lot easier than having to get over a 100 contacts back
    I hope not
    If Palm sells, most likely the service / features will stay, for a while.

If Palm goes bankrupt, then everything will likely be gone.
    Has a good WebOs Sync/desktop application been released yet?