1.    #1  
    EVERY OTHER PHONE I HAVE HAD IN THE PAST HAS HAD VOICE RECORDING, THIS PHONE IS 550 DOLLARS AND DOESN'T HAVE IT! or does it? someone please help me!!
    First turn off your caps lock, second if you had bothered to do a forums search you would see that we have no access to the mic in the sdk so it cannot be done (yet?)
    It can be done under the Classic emulator, but otherwise, not yet.
    you could use the vid app for now. records audio quite well.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    you could use the vid app for now. records audio quite well.
    When you say the vid app, u mean recording vids in the included camera?
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    First turn off your caps lock,
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    The short answer is no, there is no voice memo app available at this time.
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Just yesterday I wanted to record some music I was hearing. Since the video app records audio it can be done, I guess for now we have to wait for Palm?
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreMium View Post
    Just yesterday I wanted to record some music I was hearing. Since the video app records audio it can be done, I guess for now we have to wait for Palm?
    This got me thinking...now I'm no programmer, but, might there be some way to create an app that uses the video recorder function but turns off the camera portion of the app to record audio???
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by satchmo82 View Post
    This got me thinking...now I'm no programmer, but, might there be some way to create an app that uses the video recorder function but turns off the camera portion of the app to record audio???
    That's a pretty good idea. You'd think that wouldn't be terribly hard to accomplish, at least with a patch, if nothing else.
    Open the Video Recorder, place thumb and/or finger over camera, and record.

You now have a voice recorder, and you can even edit the recording!
    Last edited by bmf3476; 04/13/2010 at 01:19 PM.
    It can be done. It would take a great deal of work and you'd have to pretty much "Jimmy Rig" the code to make it work. Then the only way to play it back would be to open your music app and find it in your music library. the alternative would be to create an app, similar to the one for videos, but you'd still need to code it so the file would be saved to your app. It would just be way too much work, just to record sound. We all know Palm is gonna make one soon. Just be patient and either use the classic version, which works very well, or use the video recorder.
    Vote for QuickOffice for Palm Pre!
    http://quickoffice.ideascale.com/a/dtd/21866-5219
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bmf3476 View Post
    Open the Video Recorder, place thumb and/or over camera, and record.

You now have a voice recorder, and you can even edit the recording!
    Nice!

So this sounds like something that will obviously come down the pike at some point in the future. We just don't know when and have to wait and see?

I used this feature a lot in the past with other phones. I also have a Creative Zen Stone Plus (hey! I like PLUS electronic devices!) mp3 player that had a voice recorder feature. I tended to use that quite a bit - mostly to listen to podcasts and also as my default voice recorder. Now my Pre Plus and drpodder have taken over as my podcast player, but I can still use the Stone Plus as the voice memo recorder.

Still, it will be nice to consolidate down to ONE device for ALL my mobile/portable electronic needs.
    Palm IIIc --> m515 --> Tungsten T3 --> Centro --> Pre Plus --> HP Touchpad!!!

Tommy'sWorld | Rusty's Ramblings | No Coincidences | Words Of Wisdom . . . | Get Paid