1.    #1  
    Well....I'm a 6/6/09 buyer of my Pre and been very happy with little problems. I did have to do a "doc" fix after a software update 3 or 4 updates ago and have no homebrew or patches on my Pre. So today....I head out the office and get in my car and when I go to make a call (hands free system in car, before I get lectured) the phone doesn't turn on....nothing....nada. I try many times, slide the phone open, nothing. I even take the battery out (okay, you can bust on me for driving and doing that) twice but again nothing. I try holding the on/off button down several times and nothing....well....at least not initially. After I put the phone down and was feeling very lonely (LOL...weird not having a phone working) I suddenly notice the word "Palm" pulsing on my phone, like it does for a reset. I would say this process started after about 15 minutes of trying all the things mentioned. After 3 or 4 minutes....phone is on....and all working well as if nothing happened. Is this a precursor for something bad about to happen?....or just some freaky thing?
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    its very simple and unfortunately common. The OS got hung up, and after a certain time, a watchdog reboots the phone.. Welcome to Palm..
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by lordielordie View Post
    its very simple and unfortunately common. The OS got hung up, and after a certain time, a watchdog reboots the phone.. Welcome to Palm..
    Huh.....well that was the first time for my phone....I just hope it doesn't become more common!
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton