1.    #1  
    I have a Sprint Palm Pre that I've been pretty happy with. I bought this because I liked the way the browser works, but since the 1.4 update, some web pages will not load completely.

The best example of this that I have is avsim dot com (can't post a link)

I've tried this on two other units in addition to my own, one Palm Pre and a Palm Pixie and they all do the same thing.

The page starts to load, but it's as if it just loads the top half and the bottom half, that you would normally scroll down to see is just grey and not loading. Reloading the page doesn't change it. I've seen this with other pages but I don't have any other examples.

Has anyone else seen this or know how to fix it?

Thanks,

Ted
    Denver, Colorado
  2. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SatVincere View Post
    I have a Sprint Palm Pre that I've been pretty happy with. I bought this because I liked the way the browser works, but since the 1.4 update, some web pages will not load completely.

The best example of this that I have is avsim dot com (can't post a link)

I've tried this on two other units in addition to my own, one Palm Pre and a Palm Pixie and they all do the same thing.

The page starts to load, but it's as if it just loads the top half and the bottom half, that you would normally scroll down to see is just grey and not loading. Reloading the page doesn't change it. I've seen this with other pages but I don't have any other examples.

Has anyone else seen this or know how to fix it?

Thanks,

Ted
    Denver, Colorado
    I've found the same problem with a couple of other websites. It seems to have something to do with how Palm WebOS's browser renders certain framed pages, but I'm not adept enough with regards to browser and website coding to completely understand why. I'm particularly frustrated by it since the issue also exists with a few websites that I help maintain that render properly in all other PC/mac based web browsers I've tried
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Went to the site which HTML wise uses outdated technology in that it uses frames. I have had problems with some sites not loading completely, but found that if I turn the Pre horizontal then back to vertical it usually fixes the problem. I did this with the avsim site but it did not fix it. It looks like long pages in the bottom frame get truncated. The store works as well as the forum.