1.    #1  
    it seems like after updating to 1.4.1.1 (automatically updated) it seems like when ever my battery gets down to 20% life it will instantly drop to 0% and give the 0% warning, the weird things is that it seems like the phone does not die right away as it normally would do when it hits 0%. right now I only have 3 patches installed. one is the battery % indicator in the top bar, the other is a clock patch and a message patch.

has this happened to anyone, or does anyone have any ideas about this? I think this is more of a software thing then a hardware thing. but I could be wrong.

Thanks
    My phone does this on occasion when I reach 10%, but I have the 800mHz patch installed, so I attributed it to that, since it did not happen beforehand. I did have the patch installed before the update and didn't remove it when I updated so not sure if it is the patch or the update that has caused this, since I honestly can't remember if it ever happened before the update. Do you have any patches installed on your pre?
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    My phone does that too at 20%...very odd? I thought it was because I installed the 800mhz patch.
    I have observed something similar on a Pre with the 800 MHz enhancement. The Pre completely dies, though. The battery critical image appears and the device becomes unresponsive until it charges up a bit.

Operating at 800MHz haw made it much more stable, though, so I guess it is all about give and take.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    I've had that happen a few times & I don't overclock...
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    This happens to me everyday. ****es me off soooo bad.
    Drove 3 hours to buy my Palm Pre on day one.
  7.    #7  
    I never have installed any of the over clocking patches. So I don't think that is the cause. I didn't get to remove my patches before the update to 1.4.1.1 because it did it over night automatically. After that preware said the patches were install but when I checked they were not applied. So I removed them and updated preware and I could install the patches again. after that I started getting the 20 to 0 thing. I might try removing all patches and see how that goes the next time it gets down to 20%

morrison0880:yeah mine use to do it when it reached 10% and I just thought that was normal phone shutting down type of things, but not that is does it at 20 I know something is up.
    you could add the patch that shows the true battery percent and see if the actual is a lot different that what the ui is reporting -- it works with the other battery percent patches

rob
    A battery pull fixed this issue. I have the 720MHz
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    you could add the patch that shows the true battery percent and see if the actual is a lot different that what the ui is reporting -- it works with the other battery percent patches

rob
    I've had this issue quite a bit actually and it happens with the actual batttery percentage showing 20. I do have the 800mhz "patch" installed. my guess is 1.4.1 though
    Quote Originally Posted by schofs99 View Post
    I've had this issue quite a bit actually and it happens with the actual batttery percentage showing 20. I do have the 800mhz "patch" installed. my guess is 1.4.1 though
    i have a verizon phone and am waiting for 1.4.1 -- i have not seen this issue -- what about the patch to remove the 20% or 10% warning -- maybe something in that warning system is shutting the phone down -- just throwing darts

rob
  12.    #12  
    I installed the patch to show the actual battery percent, and I restarted my phone, and I no longer have this problem any more. I am not sure if the restarting or the patch made the difference. Try it and let me know.