Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 64
  1.    #1  
    I installed both of these and am now getting 70-80 hours of operation from my stock battery! the battery drain is usually 1.1-1.8% per hour. These two patches make the pre an amazing phone and finally cure the short battery.

    Anyone else have similar results?
  2. #2  
    What did you mean "installed both"? could you explain or place some links to see. Thanks.
  3. #3  
    What is the scale from 125-800MHz?
  4. Kedar's Avatar
    Posts
    994 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    #4  
    Haha is this the thing that "Steve" guy proposed in those "DON'T READ THIS" threads?

    Is that tested enough so that norm Precentral people can use it?
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gman1113 View Post
    What is the scale from 125-800MHz?
    Thats what I am asking too, because I already have installed 800MHz patch.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gman1113 View Post
    What is the scale from 125-800MHz?
    the scaling is not a patch but more like an app,that can be downloaded through number1pete cpu scaling. I'm running the 800mhz ipk patch,and also using the scaling app 500-800,and it's all good for me. If your using any overclock patch,then you'll definitely need a scaling app that will make it awesome.
  7. Kedar's Avatar
    Posts
    994 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    the scaling is not a patch but more like an app,that can be downloaded through number1pete cpu scaling. I'm running the 800mhz ipk patch,and also using the scaling app 500-800,and it's all good for me. If your using any overclock patch,then you'll definitely need a scaling app that will make it awesome.
    Interesting. How is the battery life on that?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    the scaling is not a patch but more like an app,that can be downloaded through number1pete cpu scaling. I'm running the 800mhz ipk patch,and also using the scaling app 500-800,and it's all good for me. If your using any overclock patch,then you'll definitely need a scaling app that will make it awesome.
    true the 800 mhz is a patch. the scaler is an app that you can get free or pay a small fee and get the version that will run at boot up. i just have the free version, the only difference is i have to set the scaler whenver i turn my phone on. after that it runs in scaled mode until the battery dies.
  9. #9  
    I would recommend the paid one if your running the 800mhz ipk. Then st the scaling to 500-800,better batt life and awesome speed. The app cost 4.99cents. Paid with credit card,debit,pay pal,or prepaid card. Follow the download links,youll need to downdload two ipks,the instructions will tell you which two. Best of luck!
  10. #10  
    Are these scaling apps something you can use to adjust the overclock at anytime while using, or must it be preset requiring powering down to change it to another processor speed?

    Or, do you set the speed you want for individual apps?

    Also, where do you find these apps? I've searched in Preware...and the apps catalog...can't seem to find them.
  11. #11  
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    Are these scaling apps something you can use to adjust the overclock at anytime while using, or must it be preset requiring powering down to change it to another processor speed?

    Or, do you set the speed you want for individual apps?

    Also, where do you find these apps? I've searched in Preware...and the apps catalog...can't seem to find them.
    You can scale and set speeds on the Fly like if you want it at 600mhz you can set it to that, if you want it to go at 720mhz you can set it too that, if you want it to scale from 250-800 you can set the scale to that. Or you can turn it completely off and have the phone set to original speed. Its a pretty nice feature to go along with the 800mhz patch.
    I am Pain, I am Real, I'm not a dream! (Ayreon)
  13. #13  
    Check the forum. CPUScaler uber (I think) is the one that works with the 800mhz.
  14. #14  
    Here is a link for the cpu scaler

    http://m.forums.precentral.net/homeb...cpu-speed.html
  15. Kedar's Avatar
    Posts
    994 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    #15  
    Thanks.
    I'll make a thread soon based on my battery drain findings.
  16. #16  
    hows the performance vs the 800 mhz without the scaler?
  17. Daemon's Avatar
    Posts
    796 Posts
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    #17  
    I played with 800Mhz + scaling and the performance is fine for simple
    tasks and standby. But I found that any sort of audio or video streaming
    runs the phone at full 800Mhz continuously (despite the fact that
    you don't need 800Mhz to stream audio), and the battery drain
    goes up proportionally. That was a deal breaker for me. I do enough audio
    streaming that I just can't afford the 25-33%/hr drain I was seeing at 800Mhz.
    I've knocked it back to 500Mhz and left it there.

    ian
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    I played with 800Mhz + scaling and the performance is fine for simple
    tasks and standby. But I found that any sort of audio or video streaming
    runs the phone at full 800Mhz continuously (despite the fact that
    you don't need 800Mhz to stream audio), and the battery drain
    goes up proportionally. That was a deal breaker for me. I do enough audio
    streaming that I just can't afford the 25-33%/hr drain I was seeing at 800Mhz.
    I've knocked it back to 500Mhz and left it there.

    ian
    you should give the 720 a shot. i was getting crazy battery drain with the 800 so i switched to the 720 and now im getting similar battery life as i got with the stock 500(or maybe even better).
  19. #19  
    it might just be my Prre+ but even with the 125-800 scaling enabled I'm still getting nearly 20% drain when I'm doing nothing and just battery monitor running.
  20. Daemon's Avatar
    Posts
    796 Posts
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    it might just be my Prre+ but even with the 125-800 scaling enabled I'm still getting nearly 20% drain when I'm doing nothing and just battery monitor running.
    That indicates some problem unrelated to 800Mhz kernal. 20%/hr while
    sleeping means one of your data radios (EVDO or Wifi) is active all the time.
    Some people get that with push email ("as items arrive"), some
    see it with Yahoo Contacts, and some just have a glitch
    with Wifi that keeps their Wifi radio on all the time when it should
    be sleeping (the fix is to set the option to tell the Wifi radio to turn
    off when the phone sleeps).

    ian
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions