Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thegame2388 View Post
    Did you do 125mhz --> 800?
    I was doing 250-800. I have it set to 500-800 for now and haven't had a random reboot. I am going to tinker with the lower frequencies later tonight when I don't need my phone so much and it won't be a big deal if it goes nuts and I have to doctor it.
    Twitter: @PK1030
    you can still run the 800MHz Kernal(its not a patch guys) & just use the cpuscaler app (thats what its for) if you know ur going to stream or download just hit the app & choose set speed to 500 or 600 which ever you prefer. When you are done streaming or downloading hit the app & hit scaler speed for 500 - 800MHz & you are done. Unless you are one of those babies (no offense) that thinks tapping app then tapping set speed is to much work to do to save your battery. I say babies be cause they think that's too much work but will start a thread complaining about it & reply to every1 that posts on tha thread. Unbelievable (again no offense to you unless you are 1 of them).

also try the unthrottle download manager patch it increases download speeds & speeds the download time up.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    I played with 800Mhz + scaling and the performance is fine for simple
    tasks and standby. But I found that any sort of audio or video streaming
    runs the phone at full 800Mhz continuously (despite the fact that
    you don't need 800Mhz to stream audio), and the battery drain
    goes up proportionally. That was a deal breaker for me. I do enough audio
    streaming that I just can't afford the 25-33%/hr drain I was seeing at 800Mhz.
    I've knocked it back to 500Mhz and left it there.

ian
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pygskyn View Post
    I installed both of these and am now getting 70-80 hours of operation from my stock battery! the battery drain is usually 1.1-1.8% per hour. These two patches make the pre an amazing phone and finally cure the short battery.

Anyone else have similar results?
    Cool, I plan on trying this out in the near future.
    I don't understand. I didn't use my phone all night and I refreshed the stats and have it set to 250->720mhz and the it only uses the 720 mhz and 600mhz the most instead of 250mhz or anything else..
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I've using the 800mhz kernal with the cpu scaling app and I have been getting random restarts with it set at 250-800 and 500-800 mhz. The reboots only happen when the phone is sleeping and I press the power buttom or open the slider. Most of the tme it comes to life with out any problems, sometimes though, it will not respond..wait a few seconds and then reboot. It only happens when I have apps running too. I'd say I've gotten 2-3 reboots a day. With the cpu scaler off and just the 800 mhz kernal I get no reboots but increased battery drain. I save about 3-4% battery drain per hour using the cpu scaling app so I think I can tolerate the the reboots.
    Unfortunately I can't seem to run my Pre under 500mhz or it freezes up. I have mine set 500-720 and it works great. I must have one of those crappy processors we've been warned about.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Why would anyone want to under clock their phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by diddly4 View Post
    I've using the 800mhz kernal with the cpu scaling app and I have been getting random restarts with it set at 250-800 and 500-800 mhz. The reboots only happen when the phone is sleeping and I press the power buttom or open the slider. Most of the tme it comes to life with out any problems, sometimes though, it will not respond..wait a few seconds and then reboot. It only happens when I have apps running too. I'd say I've gotten 2-3 reboots a day. With the cpu scaler off and just the 800 mhz kernal I get no reboots but increased battery drain. I save about 3-4% battery drain per hour using the cpu scaling app so I think I can tolerate the the reboots.
    This is a bug that's caused by WebOS itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by TwizteD25 View Post
    Why would anyone want to under clock their phone?
    the phone only goes into an underclocked state when its idle. This saves ALOT of battery. Why mash on gas if you're tires are off the ground?

since this scaler adjusts the frequency depending on your CPU usage it gives you all the speed of an overclocked cpu, with the battery life of a feature phone.
    I believe this is cause by your batt.. Try getting the batt tighter fit inside. That was my problem I had. Best of luck.
    getting 70-80 hours of operation from my stock battery?? That's about three days without charging. Did you have both 3G an WIFI turned off in order to get battery last this long?
    so if one has the 800mhz patch and doesn't have a cpuscaler_ does that mean it will run at 800mhz even when idle? I just installed the free cpuscaler and so far so good. The 125-800 caused one random freeze_ the 250-800 froze as soon as I pressed it_ and the 500-800 has no problems so far. Day 1.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Holy Crap!! the overclock + scaler_ultimate_app + unthrottle patch = Pre_O'gasm!!
    iPhone 4(sold) : Palm Pre(sold) : HTC EVO 3D: Nokia E71-2: BB Bold (work)

Other Toys: '07 M5 : '08 LS7
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by csrredcoat View Post
    so if one has the 800mhz patch and doesn't have a cpuscaler_ does that mean it will run at 800mhz even when idle?
    I believe so.. I wouldn't wanna keep my CPU overclocked at 800 Mhz constantly..

Quote Originally Posted by csrredcoat View Post
    I just installed the free cpuscaler and so far so good. The 125-800 caused one random freeze_ the 250-800 froze as soon as I pressed it_ and the 500-800 has no problems so far. Day 1.
    I've set it to 250-800 Mhz for now.. gonna watch it for a day and if it stays smooth, I'll stick to this setting.. I think it's the perfect range for scaling!

125 might be a bit too under-clocked..
    iPhone 4(sold) : Palm Pre(sold) : HTC EVO 3D: Nokia E71-2: BB Bold (work)

Other Toys: '07 M5 : '08 LS7
    Where do you go to download the 800 MHz overclock patch?
    My pre drain's 1.30 an hour running at full 800mhz all the time.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    Quote Originally Posted by ShogunRua View Post
    Hello all, I am reading all this and trying figuring out what all this Jibberish means . I'm new here and not really great with tech updrades, options, issues etc. So what I gather is that the 800mhz patch is something that will make the phone run faster among other things Im not sure of. The scaling is something that will help you navigate between 125mhz and 800mhz once I have the 800mhz patch. Now...on the the scaling page its stating I need to have a compatable Kernal and need to make sure I uninstall WOSQI and CPUSCaler then install the updated versions of both of these...Im so confused again. Then it says something about making sure I have WebOS Doctor and WOSQI in the same folder.... I am lost. As you can tell I'm not the brightest bulb in the house but I will not let this phone defeat me! Anyone who has time and patience Please help me figure this out in lamen terms. I will provide my email adress. Just send me a message
    Send email address or keep an eye out for new thread that i'm gonna start with a guide that I will be writing tonight, it's going to be VERY detailed and with it even a 3 year old could do this and you'll learn not only about the superkernels and cpu scaling app but little bit about WOSQUI, WEBOS DOCTOR, and the REPAIR UTILITY. All this software, kernels and apps that we get FOR FREE we have to thank and most importantly DONATE some money to which in my opinion is the BEST webos developer that there is, JASON ROBITAILLE, then CAJ2008, UNIXPSYCHO and NUMBER1PETE.
    Last edited by armepocho; 04/30/2010 at 10:10 PM.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Ok. I have installed and re-installed both Uber Kernel and Govnah. I has having problems with my Pre freezing up with various governers. Right now, I am using the screenstate governer with min @ 125 and max @ 800. So far so good. Anytime I tried ondemand, it would instantly lockup and I would have remove the battery.

I will keep a eye on it and see how the battery goes. That's what I am looking for, better battery life. 80 hours is HOT. I would be happy with half that
    I have tried the 600Mhz patch was getting 16 hours of battery my normal use surfing making calls downloading texting got this for a few days then all of a sudden was getting less than 5 hours so I unistalled the patch and reinstalled hoping it would help but didn't so now I am trying to 720Mhz patch scaling from 125 to 720 to see how this will do on the battery

also I noticed in the stats of cpuscaler that it is scaling to 800Mhz but I have the 720Mhz patch installed and not the 800Mhz patch but it is showing it is more in the 720Mhz then 800Mhz I don't guess this will hurt any thing

also notice while using the 600Mhz patch my pre was staying hot not for sure what was causing that

I thought I would post my testing to let everyone know what mine was doing

abansb
    There isnt a downlaod link for the .ipk kernles !? can someone upload the 800 mhz kernel pls??
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast