Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    ive been hoping that there will be an update or a patch or something that can make the button that is in the gesture area (that blinks to notify you of messages and other things) turn the screen on when pushed. does anyone know if there is a patch or will an update bring it...
    If you leave your slider open, it will turn screen on.....
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
    I don't think that would be a good idea..
    Not carrying it open, but while at work i leave it open on my desk, and at home i leave it open on the table etc. etc., so i don't have to deal with the slide lock....
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
    Seems like it would be too easy to turn it on accidentally in your pocket or case. It turns on easy enough when you slide it open or press the power button.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    since they removed that button from the pre+ i don't think so
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    Seems like it would be too easy to turn it on accidentally in your pocket or case. It turns on easy enough when you slide it open or press the power button.
    I agree, carry mine closed in the palm case....but while at work and home i keep it open for 2 reasons when i can, 1- when open center button turns screen on and 2- my thinking is less times you open the slider less wear and such less oreo, just my thinking, but 9 times out of 10 when i grab my pre i'm gonna type something, so leaving the slider open when i can just makes my life easier....
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberone3 View Post
    since they removed that button from the pre+ i don't think so
    Great point. And, I'd certainly want it to be a configurable option, because the button's far to easy to press accidentally.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I leave it plugged in when driving, with the slider open, and the gesture area button turns it on then.
    Palm Pre- and BB Tour owner/hater
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...en-locked.html I already asked this and they basically said no, But I wish this as well.