1.    #1  
    Does anyone have the notification.wav sound that is on the pre as the default message tone. I found the one that's on the MyNotifications app page, but that's the older tone before the 1.1 update last year. I don't mean to be tedious for a simple tone, but I didn't think it would be so hard to find a simple message tone.

I lost it with the sms percontact patch & the 1.4 update. I used MyNotifications to set back to default but it appears the default is gone because there is still no tone. Don't want to Dr. Just for a tone. It would be so much easier to just add the tone back.

Thanks
    Last edited by bodyshop; 04/12/2010 at 08:37 AM. Reason: typo
    It's here if you do a search, i've downloaded it from here before when i've lost it...
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
  3.    #3  
    I did do a search, only found the old one from before the initial updates last year. That is in my post already.

does anyone know where I can download it from or post a link to the thread that has it?

Thanks
    if you haven't found it by the time i get home from work, i'll post it for you...
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit

If you have webOS Quick Install on your computer (which I would suggest you have if you do not), you can make an easy backup of the original sound files by entering this command line in the Linux Command Interface:

cp usr/palm/sounds/alert.wav media/internal/

and

cp usr/palm/sounds/notification.wav media/internal/

This will copy the sounds from the hidden directory into your media directory. When you go to select a new ringtone for a specific category (ringtone, notification, alert, etc) just select the new ringtone button (small musical note icon on the bottom left) and those files should now be in there.
    Thanks to Tommy.Slayer for originally posting this

this is how i did it
    Last edited by vbockius; 04/12/2010 at 10:32 AM.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by vbockius View Post
    Thanks to Tommy.Slayer for originally posting this

this is how i did it
    Thanks a million!

This did exactly what i wanted.
    Now I cal use the Sms tones per contact patch and still keep my original tone for everyone else.