Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    i do.
    I thought about it but instead I just switch to airplane mode and back again. It saves me from having to spend 100$ every time.
  3.    #3  
    that's what i end up doing everytime but it's annoying as heck...
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    I thought about it but instead I just switch to airplane mode and back again. It saves me from having to spend 100$ every time.
    do this insted,,go into phone app,go to prefernces,and update prl,, and network settings.
    It has only happened a couple of times for me so no big deal.
    trust me you're not the only one,this as to do with you're signal strength,not the phone. Update your data profile.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    do this insted,,go into phone app,go to prefernces,and update prl,, and network settings.
    The updated PRL is what is causing the switching for me. The last PRL that worked fine was 60659. Every one since then (EV, 1x, EV, 1x) Battery suffers tremendously as well. I wish I could load the older PRL like you can on Windows Mobile phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    that's what i end up doing everytime but it's annoying as heck...
    and it doesn't last long. I'm always jumping from Verizon EV roaming to Sprint 1x...it always tries to get on the Sprint tower, which is far away and weak. Very frustrating.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by vtboyarc View Post
    and it doesn't last long. I'm always jumping from Verizon EV roaming to Sprint 1x...it always tries to get on the Sprint tower, which is far away and weak. Very frustrating.
    It does't and it's random. I read an engadget article recently that made perfect sense. Problems like these will not only annoy, but they will make you hate your device...
  10. ads
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    FWIW, there's a lot of the same issue happening with the Nexus One dropping out of 3g. Seems partly antenna designed into the bottom of the device is affected by holding the device down low when in an area of weak 3g coverage. Don't know about these factors on the Pre with cdma, but sounds very similar.
    Point is, these things are all radios, and it all comes down to towers, coverage, and antenna hardware and software design.
    ADS
    try dialing on ur keypad ##3836# that opens up a menu where you can switch between 1x, evdo rev o, hybrid rev o, evdo or hybrid rev a (thats ur normal) just switch from hybrid rev a to the next one it evdo not evdo rev o hit save and it re adjust ur network and you should evdo.
  12.    #12  
    i reject that it's the phone or my service, it's the software update. I never had this issue before 1.4.1.1....and I mean never. Doesn't matter anymore..we'll likely never see another WebOS update.
    It has to do with the PRLs being jacked up since the last few updates. Many users having many issues with may different types of phones.

Read all about it here....

HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - Changes between PRL 60660 and 60662
    i reject that it's the phone or my service, it's the software update. I never had this issue before 1.4.1.1....and I mean never. Doesn't matter anymore..we'll likely never see another WebOS update.
    Yeah, that's not true at all. But please continue to be ridiculously dramatic in every one of your posts. It's quite entertaining to imagine your perception of the world around you in other areas aside from phones.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by fastamx79 View Post
    It has to do with the PRLs being jacked up since the last few updates. Many users having many issues with may different types of phones.

Read all about it here....

HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - Changes between PRL 60660 and 60662
    thanks
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiddlekins View Post
    Yeah, that's not true at all. But please continue to be ridiculously dramatic in every one of your posts. It's quite entertaining to imagine your perception of the world around you in other areas aside from phones.
    if truth = drama then so be it. Do you think palm will invest in another update if they are putting the company up for sale? I personally don't think so, but that's my opinion.
    well try the freaking ##3836# it will help jeez. there is always a way on the pre to make it work unlike on other phones.
    your a moron if you really think this.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    your a moron if you really think this.
    ok, i'm a moron.
    Happens to me all the time.. and when I check the coverage map, I'm literally in the middle of EVDO coverage. It's so annoying.. but put it on airplane mode and put it back, it usually goes back to evdo.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast