Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    if truth = drama then so be it.
    Saying that you want to throw your phone against the wall isn't truth, it's childish and overly dramatic. I absolutely stand by what I said in my initial post.

Do you think palm will invest in another update if they are putting the company up for sale?
    Yes.

I personally don't think so, but that's my opinion.
    I think that WebOS is the biggest asset that Palm Inc. currently has and whoever acquires them will be acquiring them in large part because of WebOS. I don't see HTC, Lenovo, et al. acquiring Palm and then killing off the most valuable portion of that acquisition. To suggest that this is somehow inevitable (or even likely) is crazy in my opinion.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiddlekins View Post
    Saying that you want to throw your phone against the wall isn't truth, it's childish and overly dramatic. I absolutely stand by what I said in my initial post.

Yes.

I think that WebOS is the biggest asset that Palm Inc. currently has and whoever acquires them will be acquiring them in large part because of WebOS. I don't see HTC, Lenovo, et al. acquiring Palm and then killing off the most valuable portion of that acquisition. To suggest that this is somehow inevitable (or even likely) is crazy in my opinion.
    overly dramatic? no. the other day it took my phone literally 5 mins to boot. I went downstairs, put some l clothes in the washer, came back upstairs and it was still booting!! How about constant 1x switching? (May not be a Pre problem), what about the power button breaking? How about failing to get a gps lock (requiring the aformentioned 5 min reboot), how about just overall sluggishness? Too many cards error? Luna restart to play a 3D game?

and before you anything else, i am getting another phone come june.
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    do this insted,,go into phone app,go to prefernces,and update prl,, and network settings.
    Is this different on Sprint vs Verizon? No Update PRL in that path on the +
    Heya.

On Bell, have a similar issue when streaming while moving. I'll be in Ev, there's a very specific place where my phone will drop to 1x, streaming will be affected (lower data rate), and the stream will keep the phone from going back to Ev. If I stop the stream, the phone auto switches to Ev from 1x. Since last summer, this issue seems to have increased over the last few months/updates.

I've tried to use the phone code to keep in Ev, but I loose out on the 1x support, which my SMS come through.

So I stay on Hybrid, and stop/restart my app when I driver through the 'bermuda triangle'. (PRL updates haven't done anything)

PS.: When my phone drops to 1x. If I immediately stop, and switch back to Ev, I stay on Ev. Very weird why I always drop to 1x in the same spot, when Ev is so strong.
    Try EVDO Rev 0
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    if truth = drama then so be it. Do you think palm will invest in another update if they are putting the company up for sale? I personally don't think so, but that's my opinion.
    Why would they stop? Even if they are putting the company up for sale, why ruin the dollar value by abandoning the product and customer base you're trying to make a deal with? You're making no sense.

Anyway, I've had luck the couple of times this has happened to me just switching to airplane mode and back, but then again, when it happened to me yesterday, the phone kicked back to EVDO on its own fairly quickly, and I didn't change locations, reset the phone, stop or start anything. Just let it sit there and do its thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Try EVDO Rev 0
    any of the evdo only options, completely deny 1x, where timezone and SMS come from.

Note: I can send sms like this, but not receive.
    Quote Originally Posted by toddkp View Post
    any of the evdo only options, completely deny 1x, where timezone and SMS come from.

Note: I can send sms like this, but not receive.
    The EV-DO feature of CDMA2000 networks provides access to mobile devices with forward link air interface speeds of up to 2.4 Mbit/s with Rev. 0 and up to 3.1 Mbit/s with Rev. A. The reverse link rate for Rev. 0 can operate up to 153 kbit/s, while Rev. A can operate at up to 1.8 Mbit/s. It was designed to be operated end-to-end as an IP based network, and so it can support any application which can operate on such a network and bit rate constraints. This does not affect your receiving sms messages.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbuckk View Post
    Is this different on Sprint vs Verizon? No Update PRL in that path on the +
    on verizon Dial *228 then select option 2 when prompted --- this is for all phones

in the phone ap menu make sure you turn the data roaming switch on -- it defaults to off after a phone reset and causes this switching as well

----how do i check what prl version i have?
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    The EV-DO feature of CDMA2000 networks provides access to mobile devices with forward link air interface speeds of up to 2.4 Mbit/s with Rev. 0 and up to 3.1 Mbit/s with Rev. A. The reverse link rate for Rev. 0 can operate up to 153 kbit/s, while Rev. A can operate at up to 1.8 Mbit/s. It was designed to be operated end-to-end as an IP based network, and so it can support any application which can operate on such a network and bit rate constraints. This does not affect your receiving sms messages.
    Sure...

In my testing, The hybrid options allow receiving SMS. Testing EV only options prevent receiving SMS. (Although I can send.) Also when I EV only, network timezone updates disallow. (using phone codes ##3836#)

I've read elsewhere others experiencing this. So I'm not alone .

SMS should not be affected, as I can send/receive when I completely turn Data off. I think when data is available, SMS receive over faster 2G, and if you have Data on and 3G only, (2G blocked) SMS inbound is blocked.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12