1.    #1  
    Has anyone else noticed the following problem?

I don't recall when this first started, I'm thinking somewhere along the lines after the 1.4 base upgrade. When I go to delta.com, the resolution on my screen is so tiny that I need to zoom in to click a link. This didn't used to be the case, it used to render in much the same view as continental.com. Same thing happens with marriott.com and hilton.com - all of those are run by moible.usablenet.com

This happens on my own webserver's mobile pages now as well, not run by usablenet. Is there anyway to set a manual resolution on the web browser?

Thanks.
    Within the browser, no. But, if you're a developer creating the HTML (or other code) on a site, you'd add the following:

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width" />

This will work on all mobile WebKit browsers, including the Pre's browser.

But, if you're not creating the pages, then unfortunately, not much you can do.
    Richard Neff

My tutorials on WebOS development: Beyond 'Hello World!' | Getting Started - WebOS Development

My apps: Percent Table | SierraPapa
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickNeff View Post
    Within the browser, no. But, if you're a developer creating the HTML (or other code) on a site, you'd add the following:

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width" />

This will work on all mobile WebKit browsers, including the Pre's browser.

But, if you're not creating the pages, then unfortunately, not much you can do.
    Ah, this works perfectly for my hosted webpages, hopefully usablenet.com notices the email I sent noting their webpages don't display properly on WebOS. Thanks!
    I have a temporary solution that makes Delta.com display correctly without modding anything. I just tested it and it works:

1. On your Pre, open the web browser.
    2. Open the PreCentral mobile forums.
    3. Rotate to landscape view, then back to portrait.
    4. Swipe down so the address bar pops up.
    5. Type in "delta.com" and press 'Enter'.

Delta.com will now display correctly. This trick also works for other sites that have this same issue.