View Poll Results: What HTC do you want WebOS on?

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • HTC EVO

92 76.67%
  • HTC Nexus One

13 10.83%
  • HTC Droid Eris

1 0.83%
  • HTC Hero

3 2.50%
  • HTC Touch Pro 2

11 9.17%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Considering the news, and I don't really want to study at the moment, I thought I would make a poll.
    Last edited by Complex Pants; 04/11/2010 at 11:55 PM.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Maybe a thinner legend, but I'd still prefer a portrait keyboard.
    This is a no-brainer, really.
    EVO with a vertical slider
  5.    #5  
    Yea, I figured it would be between the EVO and Nexus One, but not that I think about it, I left off 3 devices. Anyway to re-edit your poll?

I want to add: HTC Legend, HTC, Desire and HTC Incredible
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    Considering the news, and I don't really want to study at the moment, I thought I would make a poll.
    LOL... then we need to do what we can to keep you from studying!

I'd love to see HTC move FAST and take a current device like the HD2 and release it with WebOS. They'd have to do something about a gesture area though... but it would be cool.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    (HTC made) Xperia X1, yes please..

I'll be fine with an EVO and a soft keyboard too... works for me.
    experia x1
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    I wouldn't. Make something in the vein of what we've got now with a larger screen, portrait keyboard, and Evo guts.

Hopefully, Palm can survive, bang out a third handset style along with upgrade pre and pixi pluses, and HTC can blow Apple's house down.
    I agree with Stihl, though I wouldn't mind if it was the same size as the current Pre.

While yes, there are some who want a larger slate, it's not really so much the form-factor that's been a liability for Palm. It's the quality control, and the fact that they launched a new device only a few months before Snapdragon started to become commonplace.

I'd be all for improving the internals and keeping a very similar form factor.

For Palm as a standalone company, I realize they need to get out a "sexy" device. But if being bought by a larger company, that isn't so much as important as something quality.
    i thought droid was Motorola?
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    i thought droid was Motorola?
    Droid is Motorola. Droid Eris is HTC. The original plan at Verizon was to call all Android devices Droid, to simplify branding.

They ended up moving away from that with the Devour though. Word is they might only be giving their high-end devices the Droid branding.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 04/12/2010 at 03:09 AM.
    i wonder if someone out there would be able to try to port webos to the snapdragon platform....unofficial EVO webOS?

now this is off topic but whatever happened with the attempts to port android to the OMAP processor used in the Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    Hello Master.

I vote for the Motorola Star Tac with webOS. That phone was grrrrreat! (for its time )
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xlegendxero View Post
    now this is off topic but whatever happened with the attempts to port android to the OMAP processor used in the Pre?
    It's called the DROID. The internal hardware is pretty close to identical to the Pre.
    ....well yeah..and actually isn't it called the Milestone, droid was just a marketing gimmick?

anyways i should have phrased it differently...attempt to bring android to the Pre for a possible dual-boot.
    I would like to see a pre2 with solid hardware and the same form factor.
    maybe with a bigger screen and bumped features (processor, ram and so on...)
    "none of the above"

If HTC were to climb into bed with webOS then they would be stupid not to come out with an entirely new phone exclusively for webOS.
    I picked the EVO...could you imagine WebOs running on that processor?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast