Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I have tried to do everything to my knowlege and from post on here to get my phone to work right. I cannot download apps from the app gallery. Certain patches and homebrews will fail to download when I try to put them on. Not sure whats going on. So if someone can help its much appreciated.
    Hi Critter... how long have you had your phone? If you just got it, what OS version are you running?
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    My pre was replaced with a new one like 4 days after the 1.4.1 update. I updated it and so its current with 1.4.1.1
    What error are you gettingn
    Try to download/install an app from the catalog, and report with the exact error message.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    how do you get it to report with exact error message?
    Quote Originally Posted by critter912 View Post
    how do you get it to report with exact error message?
    Try to download, read what it says when it fails, and write back to us.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    yeah all it says is install failed...
    i once got the message when i tried to update an app that i had installed thru homebrew. obviously since i did not pay for the app it couldn't install something i did not pay for. maybe in your case there is an error with your palm profile. try refreshing it to see if that fixes it.
    If I were getting this all attempted installs, I'd probably call Sprint tech support, and have them walk me through it.

That said, I kept getting a "try back later" message after I doctored the phone once, and while I was on hold did a partial erase. By the time the tech picked up to help me, that had fixed the issue. Then said there were "glad to have resolved the issue".
    Waited to jump in just in case someone came up with a solution for her...but my first thought was to simply Doctor the phone back to a clean install of 1.4.1.1 and bulldoze the issue. If you don't mind letting your phone reload your settings and apps... a fresh install of the OS should take care of the problem fully.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Thanks guys I doctored it u. Everything seems to work now. Funny thing is I did that before and it didnt work. thanks for the help though...