View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 99 of 225 FirstFirst ... 4989949596979899100101102103104109149199 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 4493
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    You lost me here, demonstrating as you do your ignorance of such basic concepts as the capacitive touch screen.
    Agreed, Capacitive touch screens are the higher end touch screens, they allow for accurate (when properly programmed) responses and other features that we've learned to love, like PINCH AND ZOOM and other MULTI-TOUCH gestures. The age of the stylus is gone, keep up with the times, or at least check your knowledge.
    LG Rumor -> HTC Touch -> Palm Pixi -> Palm Pre+ (if they ever bring it to Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    It's the same on most forums for just about anything, including smartphones, cars, video games, etc. Some people like to complain, loudly. Some people like to defend their purchases, blindly. And some people just like spending too much time arguing with people they don't know in real life, strangely.
    And some people just get fed up with other people whining about a product for which they have a full 30 days to evaluate and then return if they're unsatisfied, along with being generally bothered by vapid, immature, redundant, ignorant, negative, grammatically incorrect, trollish comments that do nothing but get in the way of intelligent discussions.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by ryoblade View Post
    Does anybody remember the fact of how long it took iphone to get media messaging? Every phone takes time to develop at its own pace.
    Nothing should take that long buddy. I full well believe Apple had every intention on with holding features until the next model, and am afraid that Palm might of chosen the same route with the pre.
    Regardless, the old iphone comparison is just old and dated, as it was when it first was spouted. Palm is maybe the most experienced phone and phone os developers that exist. So that excuse just doesn't hold any water.
    I got mine at launch, and I knew it had shortcomings at the time. But, I was also wooed in, by hte promise of these wonderful "ota updates". Because of this, I let my 30 days lapse. But the little present box, just seems to have coal in it, everytime I unwrap it. I dont expect every thing to be fixed by now, but, and I think alot of people are in agreeance, nothing has really been fixed by now. And this is where it gets aggravating. Rooting and scripting was fun, 7 months ago, now, not so much.This is what has me on android forums asking questions.

And one more thing, I would say it's safe to say that most pre users, dont know preware exists. I wonder how they are feeling 7 months in?
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    I have to say though, I've been scouting the crackberry forums, and it's the same, only about people exchanging 5 BlackBerrys in a row and how RIM is dying or missing the boat, shooting itself in the foot etc.

Now, it's a little different, because RIM just announced blowout profits. But the complaints seem universal and point to some deeper problems with the smartphone market. Why is there such a gap between expectations and reality when it comes to smartphones?
    I think the gap is actually between not having enough that warrants massive complaining and massively wanting to complain. Not just about phones, but in general. You know how we get -especially on forums!
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    I love my Pre. I've had many different smartphones over the years and I've discovered a simple fact . . . There is no perfect phone. Every phone i've owned has had some issues I had to work around. The same is true with iPhone and Android today. Stop looking for perfection and you will be much happier.
    Quote Originally Posted by theweaselslayer View Post
    Maybe we'll have a decent OS by WebOS 2.0. Or maybe we won't maybe we'll get shafted like the iPhone users and not have something reasonable until 3.0. Time will tell, my friends

But either way, I will never go back to Palm OS or Windows Mobile again.
    I've been as critical as anyone of the Pre and it's software, but I have to say Palm already has a great OS. What's missing is the support around the OS. Customizability and configuration, top notch PIM apps, high quality 3rd party apps, etc. The OS is great, even if it is a little slow. But Palm needs to build on that OS, and fast, to remain (or become) competitive in the smartphone market.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    I've been as critical as anyone of the Pre and it's software, but I have to say Palm already has a great OS. What's missing is the support around the OS. Customizability and configuration, top notch PIM apps, high quality 3rd party apps, etc. The OS is great, even if it is a little slow. But Palm needs to build on that OS, and fast, to remain (or become) competitive in the smartphone market.
    And that is where alot of people are on here. We could see that WebOS was going to be big. What has failed is Palm's ineffective updates. It's like they got too cute by half and are now frantically trying to fix it to no avail.

Six months from now its going to be interesting to see what Android is doing by then. And that is a crying shame there for Palm.
    having trouble with my pre not being recognized on computer. any help?
    True
    I hope I can avoid alot of this stuff when I get my Pre
    I know this isnt the pixi thread, but to save time, anyone note any Pixi build quality issues???
    LG Rumor -> HTC Touch -> Palm Pixi -> Palm Pre+ (if they ever bring it to Sprint)
    I don't know bout you all but I've bout had enough of the pre and the lack of support for the os.I keep telling myself how new the os is and it will eventuly get better,but I'm finding hard to stay with palm.
    How do i keep it from syncing facebook?
    I bought my wife a pre and sent her a video mail from my instinct and she cant open it. What gives...she was able to do this on her previous 2 phones Help anyone!
    oh thatss right
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by triggerman53 View Post
    I don't know bout you all but I've bout had enough of the pre and the lack of support for the os.I keep telling myself how new the os is and it will eventuly get better,but I'm finding hard to stay with palm.
    Lack of support? That's a little vague. Have any examples?
    Palm Pre - a piece of junk. Junk was a nice word. I'm on my second Pre and it does things on its own, such as turn off, turn on airplane mode, dials... My wife is on her 4th pre and the refurbished ones are used pieces of junk. Here is an example: Amongst many problems with my wife’s 3rd Palm Pre, the mirror became scratched because the case didn’t line up correctly. The 4th one came to her with THREE scratches already there!
    How dumb are they? Another example of them caring about us; They sent an email asking how their customer service was. I spent a long time answering everything. They had a comments box so, I commented. I told them that their service was a waste (Sprint is worse), we were on our 6th or 7th phone since July and that they should “Have someone with a brain…” contact me so we could speak about it. That was over 3 weeks ago. Guess what? NO CALL. They are the worst.
    If my company had a Q/A department like Sprint and Palm we would be gone, fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haakee16 View Post
    I told them that their service was a waste (Sprint is worse), we were on our 6th or 7th phone since July and that they should “Have someone with a brain…” contact me so we could speak about it. That was over 3 weeks ago. Guess what? NO CALL. They are the worst.
    If my company had a Q/A department like Sprint and Palm we would be gone, fast.
    Nothing quite like the approach of "Have someone with a brain..." to get a quick response, eh?

What's your company? I'd be interested in seeing how fast their QA department responds to such a request.
    haha agreed. this guy is QQing up a storm. i like how he cries about scratches not the function of the phone. better for you to leave sprint then for some poor rep to have to deal with you being a DIVA. good riddens
    • You know the Pre is a "fail" because it doesn't do your favorite dumb-phone function
    • All of the Pre updates were absolutely worthless because they didn't do what you needed them to
    • You're an expert at Photoshop, and can still prove the App Catalog was a fake in the NFS demo
    • You could run Palm better than Ruby
    • You think your boss is stupid for writing you up for forgetting to ask "Do you want fries with that?"

Feel free to expand, it's all about you y'know.