View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 97 of 225 FirstFirst ... 47879293949596979899100101102107147197 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,940 of 4493
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    You guys are mean.
    He's been though 7 phones... Which is more than any same person would live with.

It's like a tight knit community.. He just wants to say bye, thanks, and wish the people who work so hard tweaking webos into the best it can be.

tell me how you like the hero. Goodluck
    +1
    He was very polite wth is with all of you.
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    Someone let me know when they have ever owned a phone that had EVERYTHING they wanted on it.

Seriously.
    Windows Mobile...
    Quote Originally Posted by ivan1.ruiz View Post
    The pre is a phone that is in early stage. Meaning if you really want to enjoy the pre install homebrew apps and also apply patches.

Video recording??? uh yeah!!! there is a homebrew app for that.
    visual voicemail? uh yeah!!! there is a homebrew app for that too.

more apps.. try PREWARE!!!!
    But the visual voicemail is sort of a after thought and is screaming for features. We are forced to listen to the voicemails through the loud speaker or headphones. If it's personal, you're screwed unless you read the Google Transcribed messages which aren't even 80% accurate.

One thing I missed about my Windows Mobile phone, was the app that i installed to route all sounds to the bluetooth earpiece. You can't do that on the Pre, atleast not yet (knock on wood). I love the Pre OS, but I'm lacking and am looking back to Windows Mobile, because it actually did things, despite it's outdated appearance. Because the bottom line is, it gets it done.
    Quote Originally Posted by groovdafied View Post
    I love the Pre OS, but I'm lacking and am looking back to Windows Mobile, because it actually did things, despite it's outdated appearance. Because the bottom line is, it gets it done.
    I agree, I moved to webos at launch, from winmo, I had palm os before that. I had to pull some contacts from my mogul the other day, and was amazed at how many contact options I had. I have said alot, that the pre isn't a smart phone or pda, it's just a nicely packaged app phone (with few meaningful apps). The old palm os and winmo were both kinda clunky to move around in, but they both seemed to do whatever you wanted. It's pretty lame that my 3yo mogul will outperform my pre on any day. And from the sounds of that interview, it doesnt seem as though thats goin to change soon.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I've been a loyal Palm user since the begining of time and just find it invaluable to use a Palm! I bought the Pre; but now have reservation on its design.

I am a USER of the Pre and not a software, developer, or tinkerer. The Pre has forced me to spend an inordanate amount of my time trying to learn and make it work. My IT engineer also spent a lot of time trying to fix it. In my engineering profession, if I spent that much time on this Pre as I do on my professional work...my company will be bankrupt in a month! ...I'm rethinking the use of the Pre as a company issued phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaicho View Post
    I've been a loyal Palm user since the begining of time and just find it invaluable to use a Palm! I bought the Pre; but now have reservation on its design.

I am a USER of the Pre and not a software, developer, or tinkerer. The Pre has forced me to spend an inordanate amount of my time trying to learn and make it work. My IT engineer also spent a lot of time trying to fix it. In my engineering profession, if I spent that much time on this Pre as I do on my professional work...my company will be bankrupt in a month! ...I'm rethinking the use of the Pre as a company issued phone.
    I think you are trying to hard

What makes you spend so much time, it is a phone afterall...
    I must confess, I have been cheating on my PRE and started looking at other phones. I am about over waiting on average functionality to come to the PRE. This phone was touted to be the best thing to hit the cell phone market since the introduction of the smart phone, yet everything involved with the phone has been half assed. From the advertising to the upgrades to the limited functionality of the phone, I am very disappointed. My Treo 700wx still has more functionality than the PRE. Yes, the Treo does not have the combined email, combined search and multitasking but I would trade all of that for a decent calendar notification on the main screen of the PRE.

Without "patching" my PRE I can't delete all email I thought I deleted when I swiped and approved it to be deleted. My text conversations rarely show up in the text card anymore due to some glitch that Palm knows about but apparently does not care to fix. I also find it amazing that even the most basic phones out right now are able to play video, yet our "iphone killer" PRE's can not even do that, much less record video. No wonder Palms stock is falling, they can not even bring basic, existing, phone functions to this supposed cutting edge operating system. The HTC phones are looking better and better every time I miss an appointment due to the crappy calendar that only tells you about your appointments once! What is the deal Palm? How about focusing on making this phone right instead of trying to crank out other models still running a crappy OS?
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maverickoffshore View Post
    I must confess, I have been cheating on my PRE and started looking at other phones. I am about over waiting on average functionality to come to the PRE. This phone was touted to be the best thing to hit the cell phone market since the introduction of the smart phone, yet everything involved with the phone has been half assed. From the advertising to the upgrades to the limited functionality of the phone, I am very disappointed. My Treo 700wx still has more functionality than the PRE. Yes, the Treo does not have the combined email, combined search and multitasking but I would trade all of that for a decent calendar notification on the main screen of the PRE.

Without "patching" my PRE I can't delete all email I thought I deleted when I swiped and approved it to be deleted. My text conversations rarely show up in the text card anymore due to some glitch that Palm knows about but apparently does not care to fix. I also find it amazing that even the most basic phones out right now are able to play video, yet our "iphone killer" PRE's can not even do that, much less record video. No wonder Palms stock is falling, they can not even bring basic, existing, phone functions to this supposed cutting edge operating system. The HTC phones are looking better and better every time I miss an appointment due to the crappy calendar that only tells you about your appointments once! What is the deal Palm? How about focusing on making this phone right instead of trying to crank out other models still running a crappy OS?
    It can play video. If you don't like the phone get another one. You had 30 days to evaluate if the device would meet your needs. If in that time you couldn't decide I am sorry about your luck.
    ---Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around his or her neck that says, "Make me feel important." Not only will you succeed in sales, you will succeed in life.
    I really have no idea what you're talking about.

I get calendar notifications right on my main screen. Just set a reminder and they pop up whenever you tell them to.

If you want a "today screen" you bought the wrong phone. Sorry.

My Pre plays video just fine. It has done so since I bought it several months ago. I have 3 full length movies on it right now, and I'll be watching one of them tonight as I sit in the laundromat waiting for my clothes.

You're right about it not recording video, although the app for that is progressing nicely, and is already serviceable.

Here's the problem you're encountering with WebOS.

You want it to be better.

AND

You want it to be the same.

The reality is that you can't have both. To be better, it MUST be different. Rather than use a today screen, they made task switching so fluid that you can simply leave your calendar open and flip back and forth whenever you need to. I'm not saying that it is a perfect solution for everyone, but it's the perfect solution to tie into the relatively unique interface of WebOS, and happens to be a perfect solution for me and many others.

This has been said so many times, by so many people, that it's really getting old, but I'll say it again: If you buy a 1st gen device, AND do it without doing your homework first, or you do your homework and ignore what you find, then nobody cares what you have to say.

Nobody lied to you about the Pre or what it could do, and nobody forced you to purchase one.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    you need the agenda program
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    along with the other guys- you obviously don't know how to use the calendar. you can set different types of reminders on the pre- pop up and email-

next time, do your research. play with phones. read forums. I hated this phone until i gave it a chance- in fact, i was planning on buying the hero until i played with this.

annoying.
    Lovin' the Pre. Love It.
    LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by maverickoffshore View Post

There's a lot of this going around now as we aproach the 1 year anniversary of the "Savior Phone" announcement at CES 2009. Articles like this one are beginning to pop up more and more: Palm Pre, CES 2009 blockbuster, didn't live up to its hype. Expectation management was poorly played by Palm, and real follow-through since the June release has been next to non-existent. It will be interesting to see if this year's CES crowd will be as naive as last year's was when Palm steps up to the microphone.
    Maybe we'll have a decent OS by WebOS 2.0. Or maybe we won't maybe we'll get shafted like the iPhone users and not have something reasonable until 3.0. Time will tell, my friends

But either way, I will never go back to Palm OS or Windows Mobile again.
    I happen to agree with the OP - there are a lot of flaws in the PRE -its like palm had never made a phone before - sure we can watch video, but we cant record it - battery life sucks, call quality sucks, apps suck, back up sucks, touch screen only working w.skin touch sucks, keyboard sucks, forced updates suck ... i do love the camera, and i thank goodness for homebrew apps ... but otherwise i would have been taking it back

for people who want to say we never did our resaearch - this info wasnt out there before we purchased - palm certainly didnt advertise a 12hr battery and no palm desktop back up, they didnt advertise "cloud" would not always work, they didnt advertise they might lose all your contacts "and thats just to bad", they didnt advertise the basic functionality and features would be left out of this phone

most 1st day pre purchasers expected some of the things we came to feel were "standard" in smart phones and didnt get it. MOST (not all!) of the people who I find love the PRE, were never using a smart phone before they got the PRE so they dont realize all the "missing" functionality
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    I'm as critical of Palm as the next guy, but shouldn't this thread be merged into the General Pre Complaints thread, as it's the very definition of such, instead of having anything really to do with 1.3.1?
    For the people that are not happy with their Pre's, instead of whining all the time, use the issue with the updated contract to get out of your contract and go find a phone that makes you happy, I mean there is no excuse now. There are probably alot of complainers that A, don't own a Pre, or B, have sold their's but still continue to troll the threads looking for any negative thread to jump in and bash the Pre, what losers!
    Having been here since day one with the Pre. I'm so torn. There are things that i absolutely love about this phone. Then there are others that make me want to throw it at the nearest brick wall.

Love the way gestures work. Its soo sweet and easy to use. When needed having multiapps open is great. Touchstone just a flat out hit.

Now for the things that make me want to hurl this POS. A screen that is both not responsive and too responsive at the same time. I can press a link 3 times then finally it accepts it. At the same time i can glancingly touch the screen and an app fires up i didn't want. Wait time, press for an app then wait 1.2.3.4. oh look its loading. Build quality, thankfully most of the horror stories about peoples Pre's haven't happened to me yet. Saying that i can see from mine how these people are having issues. Screen size, yes its the same resolution as the iphone. One problem its too darn small. load some full web pages aww they are beautiful. Problem is you need a microscope to see it on the screen. Yes you have zoom ect. By the time you do that all you are doing moving round side to side up and down just to be able to read the page. Like it or not big is in with screen size. As much as I hate verizon, that droid has a screen to drool for. Lets not forget scrolling and menus. With no gpu driver the cpu is doing double triple duty moving thing round and all. As much as I think WebOS is great using menus on this thing is atrocious

I knew full well that as it was we all were beta testers. What I didn't count on was being Alpha testers..
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    My curve 8330 from sprint did the "basics"....next phone back to blackberry
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    Are we doing this again?