View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 94 of 225 FirstFirst ... 44848990919293949596979899104144194 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,880 of 4493
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by preforme View Post
    So, is anyone else pleased with what they have?
    Yes.
    very happy and love the gsm pre, it might have a few bugs but its better to have a pre with bugs than wait for palm to fix the bugs then release the phone
    I am very happy with my Pre. I came from Verizon where we had only phone service because the add ons were so expensive, and now we have everything for just a little bit more than what we had. Sprint has been great to us, and so far, so has the phone.
    Mary
    Palm Pre (her)
    Palm Pre (his)
    I have Sprint and proud of it!
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Pre
    Sprint

I love Sprint pricing and great service.
    Pre's good. I feel like I need more, but the web browsing experience and gesture/multitasking abilities on my Pre are SO good that I can never go to another phone.
    been with palm for maybe 3 to 4 years and sprint longer,,,,love them both
    I'm sort of along the same lines of wonderful Bob. Also, I would caution anyone from taking this thread of "satisfied" Pre users with a grain of salt. I've had my Pre since within 15 minutes of its release, so these conclusions on the Pre are subject to 6 months of Pre usage.

1. The Pre is too sluggish. It needs to be snappier. The iPhone, Droid are snappy. What is the Pre's problem? I do not like waiting 30 seconds to open a music album. Do not like waiting 2-3 seconds for a call to hang up. I do not like getting the "too many cards open" warning when I only have one. I do not like waiting 3 seconds after I pressed the button to open my inbox.
    2. I have to reset my Pre way to often. Google maps will also fail to locate me and the only way to fix this problem is to reset the device. It has locked up on me more in the last month than it did in the first 5. The WebOS platform seems cool, but it seems like it has a hard time staying reliable.
    3. The apps. Sure there are some main ones out there, and there are about 600 other apps, but it seems 95% of those apps are useless. Where's Bank of America, where's Remember the Milk? Maybe they will come out soon.. Also, anybody else just kind of get the feel the apps have too much of a "Fisher Price" feel to them? I mean, is it really necessary to have such big buttons with rounded edges? This is a big turn off with me and the apps. And it seems also to be a little constraining. A lot of the apps look the same.
    4. The app catalog? This is going to be a nightmare when there are 6000 apps. Palms website sort of makes it easier, but seriously, there needs to be a better way to get apps to your phone than scrolling through 5 of them at a time. (and did I mention the app catalog is slow)
    5. Music sync. Yeah, the iTunes sync was always doomed, but seriously there needs to be a better system for syncing music. Also, the media player is still well behind, almost annoyingly so. I am tired of seeing the album view for each song in that album. I want a way to scroll through a song. I want to use playlists from platforms people actually use (Winamp or iTunes).
    6. Battery life.....will never last through a day with high use. I understand it is up to the user to be responsible about his energy use, but the battery life drains too quickly with certain applications running.
    7. Build quality. Already had my Pre replaced once due to the power button quiting on me.
    8. Web bookmarks. It can't just make a list? It really need to show me a huge tile?
    9. That whole can't use internet while talking on the phone....yeah, I've wanted to do that NUMEROUS times before Apple started airing their ads (not like that's any better, considering some people can't get either a call or data through ATT towers, so what makes them think they'll do better with both?)
    10. Preferences. Give me more options across the board.

I can make a list of top 10 things how the Pre has benefited me. I'm not a angry Pre user, just disappointed and concerned. I expected more from the device, and its lackings are frustrating me. And as an outside observer, it just doesn't look like Palm has the resources to compete with the operating systems of the iPhone or Android.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreUser09 View Post
    I'm sort of along the same lines of wonderful Bob. Also, I would caution anyone from taking this thread of "satisfied" Pre users with a grain of salt. I've had my Pre since within 15 minutes of its release, so these conclusions on the Pre are subject to 6 months of Pre usage.

1. The Pre is too sluggish. It needs to be snappier. The iPhone, Droid are snappy. What is the Pre's problem? I do not like waiting 30 seconds to open a music album. Do not like waiting 2-3 seconds for a call to hang up. I do not like getting the "too many cards open" warning when I only have one. I do not like waiting 3 seconds after I pressed the button to open my inbox.
    2. I have to reset my Pre way to often. Google maps will also fail to locate me and the only way to fix this problem is to reset the device. It has locked up on me more in the last month than it did in the first 5. The WebOS platform seems cool, but it seems like it has a hard time staying reliable.
    3. The apps. Sure there are some main ones out there, and there are about 600 other apps, but it seems 95% of those apps are useless. Where's Bank of America, where's Remember the Milk? Maybe they will come out soon.. Also, anybody else just kind of get the feel the apps have too much of a "Fisher Price" feel to them? I mean, is it really necessary to have such big buttons with rounded edges? This is a big turn off with me and the apps. And it seems also to be a little constraining. A lot of the apps look the same.
    4. The app catalog? This is going to be a nightmare when there are 6000 apps. Palms website sort of makes it easier, but seriously, there needs to be a better way to get apps to your phone than scrolling through 5 of them at a time. (and did I mention the app catalog is slow)
    5. Music sync. Yeah, the iTunes sync was always doomed, but seriously there needs to be a better system for syncing music. Also, the media player is still well behind, almost annoyingly so. I am tired of seeing the album view for each song in that album. I want a way to scroll through a song. I want to use playlists from platforms people actually use (Winamp or iTunes).
    6. Battery life.....will never last through a day with high use. I understand it is up to the user to be responsible about his energy use, but the battery life drains too quickly with certain applications running.
    7. Build quality. Already had my Pre replaced once due to the power button quiting on me.
    8. Web bookmarks. It can't just make a list? It really need to show me a huge tile?
    9. That whole can't use internet while talking on the phone....yeah, I've wanted to do that NUMEROUS times before Apple started airing their ads (not like that's any better, considering some people can't get either a call or data through ATT towers, so what makes them think they'll do better with both?)
    10. Preferences. Give me more options across the board.

I can make a list of top 10 things how the Pre has benefited me. I'm not a angry Pre user, just disappointed and concerned. I expected more from the device, and its lackings are frustrating me. And as an outside observer, it just doesn't look like Palm has the resources to compete with the operating systems of the iPhone or Android.
    Your 1-10 is my 1-10.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    it is true, palm dosnt have the resources to compete. hopefully nokia or some other giant can buy them and then invest to make palms better.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Let's play with a thought a company like Nokia bought Palm. That happening, I would be more than little sceptical what would happen to the support and any further software development of existing Palm devices.
    More likely, parts of webOS and other Palm "jewels", which a new owner would consider worth developing further, would be merged with with something from "scrap book" of that company, to make a completely new package.
    Pessimism?

Added: I don't think Palm would fold at this time.
    I still have faith on Palm and yes, I am very happy with my Pre and even happier when a couple of apps I am missing pop up on my Pre's App Catalog.
    One not yet existing is navigation app with onboard maps.
    Last edited by Lemstil; 12/16/2009 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Answer to the Q this thread started
    Yes. I'm very very happy with my Pre.
    I'm very happy with my Pre, but I'm tired of having to "witness" for every poster who starts believing the negative posts made by a vocal minority.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 12/16/2009 at 11:05 AM.
    What would be your top 3 priorities to get the PrPrPr&#$275$;, $and$/$or$ $webOS$ $up$ $off$ $the$ $ground$?
    These would be mine:

#1- Fix the *bad word* lag, all across the board. What good is having a 12 cylinder engine if you can only sputter around on three?
    #2- ALLOW THE DEVS THE ACCESS THEY NEED TO MAKE APPS THAT WOULD MAKE THIS 'SMARTPHONE', SMART.
    FUNCTIONFUNCTIONFUNCTION
    A pretty body with no brains only goes so far. (no offense to the ladies out there. )
    #3- Physical build quality in future devices. If we wanted to carry an egg around with us all day long, we would've.
    #4- Did I mention function enhancing apps? You know, real ones, besides the three or four out of the 780 so-called 'apps' we have now?
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 12/16/2009 at 03:25 PM.
    Your number 3..specced to compete.

Followed by aggressive show and tell advertising targeting everyone's favorite iphone.

Then making sure basics were addressed making setting it up ***** proof. Desktop sync app compatible with itunes, app catalog, amazon store, full backup/restore.
    you pegged it with number 1......I understand why palm rushed the pre to market, but with two devices and 6 months on the market we should have made better headway by now.

Its not enough to make me drop pre and sprint, but it is enough to make me wish palm would get to it and unlock some of this phone's potential.
    Love my Pre - wouldn't trade it for anything.
    POWER TO THE PREOPLE!!
    Quote Originally Posted by iowabatman View Post
    you pegged it with number 1......I understand why palm rushed the pre to market, but with two devices and 6 months on the market we should have made better headway by now.

Its not enough to make me drop pre and sprint, but it is enough to make me wish palm would get to it and unlock some of this phone's potential.
    This!

The rest I could care less about. I think the hardware is fine, apps are coming and I am sure deeper OS access will come as well. But the lag is starting to really irritate me.

I would also add #5, get rid of all these 1.3.1 bugs!

Question...why not make this poll?
    I love my Launch Pre have no issues and LOVE my 3rd party employee plan that is only $20 a month.. I am getting a Driod Eris on VZW since it will also be about $20 a month but i will NOT get rid of my pre! Dual phones for me. Pre being my primary and having it with me at all times.
    SCK Manager
    I went from an outdated, 1st Gen Motorola Q to the Pre. Talking about a huge upgrade! Despite some bumps along the way (namely losing all of my contacts recently), I love my Pre. I love synergy and the syncing (both ways) to my Google contacts. I love the homebrew community.
    Big fan so far. Had it about 3 weeks.

Of course it is going to seem like people don't like it. People are not going to seek out a forum to start a thread that says "I love the Palm Pre!" They are going to seek it out to try to fix a problem or complain. That is the way all tech forums are.
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    I wouldn't say its on the ground but my three follow:
    1. Sync. I thought I'd never say it, but some dedicated sync for media. I'm on a mac and trust me Songbird, DT, and Sallings ain't cutting it.
    2. Execute GPU and a proper SDK so developers can really dig in.
    3. Hardware, I would almost vote for dumping the pre design all together and going with a slightly larger pixi, with a better chip, wifi, and res. I've looked at some of the Android phones and the iphone and the quality of construction is definitely better. And for me the pixi feels much more solid than the pre. Would probably also change the name.
    4. Docs2Go, I know its coming but that's a biggie for me.