View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 93 of 225 FirstFirst ... 43838889909192939495969798103143193 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 4493
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    pre since launch day. I've had one replacement (cracked screen my fault) an love the phone. I love the patches and homebrew and love how much fun it is to play with and try new things as patches and official updates come out. The second I start getting bored something new comes out. I do wish the slider was sturdier and I am looking forward to gpu access, but overall very happy.
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    I LOVE my Pre. For the first time in my life, I have a phone where I can say "Yep, I'm good for a while". Mind you I've had a Samsung flip phone, Samsung Blade, and Samsung Instinct. The Instinct was such a disaster I wanted to die every second I was using it, thank god, but more importantly Palm for bringing the Pre to Sprint!

and by the way, I purchased my Pre the day it came out.
    Drove 3 hours to buy my Palm Pre on day one.
    Global Posts
    2,477 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by preforme View Post
    It just seems that the vast majority of posts on here and many other forums are negative towards the PRE, or complaints about PALM or SPRINT, complaints about what functions and capabilities the PRE has or should have, or just bad-mouthing the hardware, etc, etc. I realize that the forums will be mostly used to vent about these issues. But surely, there has to be some satisfied people out there.

I was simply wondering - Is anyone, besides my wife and myself, happy with their PRE? Our PREs are not patched, not homebrewed, not tweaked, not broken, no cracked screens, or any other physical damage. And neither of us could be happier. Perhaps because we are more cautious, and just content with the PRE and the apps in the catalog.

So, is anyone else pleased with what they have?
    Thats odd....I seem to see the exact opposite.
    Very happy, most users are! It's just that the whiners like to whine, that's just what they do. We have alot of post's on here by people that either never have owned a Pre or people that have changed phones but are still here complaining. Check this poll out:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-ge...st-phones.html

The happy Pre users far outnumber the unhappy ones.
    2 happy pre users in my apartment.
    Couldn't be happier!

The complainers are all 12 year olds who would complain about anything
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    More than happy with my Pre!!!
    I am on my second pre (the power button broke on my first one). However sprint did a good job with the replacement. While I did end up with a refurbished phone, they were quick to send me the new one and I was able to hold on to my old phone until it arrived.

Overall the Pre is awesome, build quality could of course be improved but that is what phone insurance is for (plus sprint seems to do a decent job of replacing obviously defective phones free of charge).
    I love my Pre & Sprint
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by preforme View Post
    It just seems that the vast majority of posts on here and many other forums are negative towards the PRE, or complaints about PALM or SPRINT, complaints about what functions and capabilities the PRE has or should have, or just bad-mouthing the hardware, etc, etc. I realize that the forums will be mostly used to vent about these issues. But surely, there has to be some satisfied people out there.

I was simply wondering - Is anyone, besides my wife and myself, happy with their PRE? Our PREs are not patched, not homebrewed, not tweaked, not broken, no cracked screens, or any other physical damage. And neither of us could be happier. Perhaps because we are more cautious, and just content with the PRE and the apps in the catalog.

So, is anyone else pleased with what they have?
    I like my pre alot. i have had it for about 4 month now. nothing has broken on it yet and i have a full invisia sheild that covers the entire phone (from ZAGG). but i do have to say without getting preware and using patches, apps, themes, etc. i would not have liked this phone anyware near as much as i do now. the patches are really the important things because they allow you to customize your pre. i would really encourage you to get preware it would make your experince much better trust me.
    I love mine. I have had iPhone 3G, HTC Hero, BlackBerry Bold, then Palm Pre. I wasn't try to find the prefect phone, just something work the way I like.

ug.
    Happy?? well I'm never happy with what I have. I always want more. I'm alway beta testing software which always seem to have bugs.. even publicly available software and they even suck, so I get what I should have expected. I have fairly high expectations on the stuff I buy and try. The Pre was "cool" and supposed to be a good iPhone competitor. Because of that comparison, I had too high of an expectation right at the get go. It was supposed to be much better than my Centro, better than the iPhone and had huge promise. After about 5 months of use, I am really glad to see a few new revisions in the software. Still, however it does not meet my initial expectations. I had too high of an expectation, I think... however knowing what the OS potential is, I really have to say it's pretty good and has lots of promise. Sprint has gone far above my expectations and has very good coverage, fast EVDO speeds, however because of the lack of GPU tuning in the OS it's lags a bit. When I look back to my Cento, I'm really glad I got rid of the Centro because of the constant crashing. I did love chatteremail though and I think the Pre even lags behind that email in features and functionality, however I can live with it. Support for readable HTML email is awesome, web browsing is decent and I can actually preform work with my browser. The Pre development community, especially the webos-internals folks should be really commended for their great work on tweaking the OS and for providing so many easy to use tools to help the user customize their system to their liking and for releasing some great useful applications which the Pre is missing in it's base configuration. Also because of the immaturity of the SDK, the Pre developers have done a great job of getting over 600 apps out to the app store already. So to say that I'm not happy, is not really true. I am pleased with the Pre and wish that it would become so much better so quickly... however it's just growing pains. To help keep the Pre alive and well, you all need to do your part and show how good the Pre is, let them know that it's not going to be a miracle smart phone right from the beginning however with time it will. The more people who go with WebOS devices,the stronger the community will become and hopefully more talent will show up to help make WebOS the best OS for handheld devices in the near future. Also let your friends and social network know that Sprint is really a great deal!!! Unlimited Mobile to Mobile calls, whether it's on the Sprint network or another one!
    very very very happy!
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Month and a half and it shuts off randomly, charges when it wants to, touch works when it wants to, signal disappears, and burns a hole in my palm every few days. I assume this is hardware and will call Sprint today.

Last chance for the Pre. After this update and replacement i'm off to Nexus, as ugly as it is.

did I mention how it shut off and wouldn't start as I wrote this? Oh and during calls there's this horrible noise (not static, it's hardware) which started a few weeks after having the damn thing.
    Last edited by grynv; 12/15/2009 at 09:53 PM.
    I love my pre, but I'm really missing a lot of stuff that I had from my past Windows Mobile phone. A few in specific is Orb streaming, opera's reformatting text and full Napster support . The touch pro 2 is looking really nice for me right now.

I'm willing to see what Palm has to say in their upcoming conference, otherwise I'll be taking advantage of January 10th when they change the ETF, thus allowing me to take advantage of a new subsidized phone.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    EXTREMELY HAPPY!!! ...with more hope still even!!!
    I went from the palm pre to the touch pro 2 and now i want back my pre. U will really miss it if you ever let go. Man is just so easy to use and all the apps are right there.. windows mobile is not for me anymore and i used to build roms for windows mobile devices so is not like i dont know how to use them.
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
    1st of all, Sprint works perfectly for me. I've been all over the place looking at new phones, other than my Pre:
    BB Tour (yawn and terrible browser)
    HTC Hero (not as good email, no physical kb)
    Verizon+AT&T - WAY too expensive and shaky reception for me
    I'm sticking with the Pre! Can't wait for the next model. WebOs is excellent! Bigger keyboard, and some sw updates on calendar and a alert based to do app and I'll be happier!
    I am exetremely happen with mine! Sure there are things that should be corrected or updated but I love my pre. I do have mine tweak with hombrew stuff and it runs fine btw

Thanks I agree about nothing but complaints from people.
    Very happy. I might be moving to Libya for one year. I probably should be worried about other things, but one of the first things I thought of was that I can't use my Pre while I'm there. Hehe.