View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    197 70.36%
  • No

    40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

    37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

    28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 86 of 225 FirstFirst ... 3676818283848586878889909196136186 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 4493
  1. #1701  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    No. Sprint has very specific policies in place with regards to warranty exchange on the Pre, they are not up to interpretation. If it is a warranty issue, they must continue to exchange the phone in store as long as the phone is covered. This is the deal they worked with Palm.
    ...and nobody ever breaks the rules, anywhere?

    So, you've decided that THOSE people, whom you've probably never met, are more honest than THIS poster, whom you've probably never met?
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  2. #1702  
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    ...and nobody ever breaks the rules, anywhere?

    So, you've decided that THOSE people, whom you've probably never met, are more honest than THIS poster, whom you've probably never met?
    Yep.
  3. NxTech3's Avatar
    Posts
    254 Posts
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    #1703  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    No. Sprint has very specific policies in place with regards to warranty exchange on the Pre, they are not up to interpretation. If it is a warranty issue, they must continue to exchange the phone in store as long as the phone is covered. This is the deal they worked with Palm.
    Actually, it doesnt have to be in store. The only time Sprint is required to swap a device in store, is if its in the 30 day return/exchange policy. Outside of the 30 days, customers can have devices swapped under warranty though the Advanced Exchange program. With AE, a replacement phone is ordered from a warehouse and shipped. Some stores can replace a device in store but IS NOT required to do so.
  4. dwags's Avatar
    Posts
    45 Posts
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    #1704  
    Arguments about policies aside,

    My first Pre (yup I'm now on #2) had a network outage issue that I only identified once I got my replacement, because the replacement works so much better in the network arena. I tried everything- updating PRL/network, reverting to original install via OSDoctor and leaving the software stock, etc.

    Based on my experience, it sounds like it's an actual defect in the phone hardware, and may only be present on certain lots of the phone. Were I you, I'd play the game a bit longer and get another replacement, in hopes that it doesn't have that defect.

    The Pre is a fantastic idea that looks great on paper and out-of-box, but as plenty of evidence shows is a trouble-wrought phone. I eagerly await the next sturdy, feature-rich, touchscreen, webOS phone from Palm, because I will be off the Pre quicker than you can blink.

    All else aside, I will be a loyal Sprint customer as long as it's affordable. I've had nothing but positive experiences with them this far.

    Not to make assumptions, but how do you deal with the people in the sprint store when you bring your defective phone in? The way a customer treates his/her service person has a direct effect on how far "extra" that person will go to get you running again. Treat your serviceperson with respect, realize that they're not the cause of your frustration, and be calm and courteous as you explain your issues.
  5. texas7's Avatar
    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #1705  
    The store reset and asked if I would try that after they did some re-programing. I then did a few prl and network updates as well as going in and out of Airplane mode. These or a reset at different times brings the phone back on line. The issue is that if i don't catch it going offline, I have a dead battery.

    What I learned this morning

    THE WEEKEND PEOPLE ARE NOT THE "A" TEAM (maybe not the B or C team either)!

    I was told that my phone was over a year old and that was why I had to pay.

    I was told that you can only get a BROKEN phone replaced 3 times.

    I was told that I would get a call back.

    None of these are true. I called this morning and should have a brand new phone by 3pm tomorrow.

    They were back to smart and helpful. What a waste of 3 hours last night of being sent to numerous people that knew NOTHING about my phone, saying it was over a year old when it was just released this year!, and the rest. I am worried that it is a network issue, because I have a coworker having the same issue.

    Either way, I will try a new phone. I didn't have to spend more money...and Monday moring Sprint was a company that I can work with...NO MORE SUNDAY CALLS...that is for sure!!!!
  6. #1706  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    No. Sprint has very specific policies in place with regards to warranty exchange on the Pre, they are not up to interpretation. If it is a warranty issue, they must continue to exchange the phone in store as long as the phone is covered. This is the deal they worked with Palm.
    Actually you are wrong.

    I had a sprint rep (in store) tell me my (actually my wife's) replaced Pre was going to count towards my "replacement count". The phone would not power up completely and just hung on the Palm logo.
    He also said they did not have any more phones and it may be a couple weeks. He also said that Sprint does not offer temporary loaner phones. At this point I was ready to yank my Sprint contract and switch carriers (I just switched to Sprint for the Pre). After disagreeing with him and expressing my dissatisfaction, he changed his mind and went to the back room. On his way he talked to the store manager. He grabbed a brand new Pre that he said the store manager was "saving" but told him he could replace it with. They replaced it and it did not count towards any replacement.

    A few weeks later, her phone stopped charging correctly. It would charge up to 100% in less than 30 minutes and then drained slowly to about 90-92 %. Then it would suddenly drop to below 20%. It would repeat this.

    I brought it in and showed the sales rep her Pre and explained that mine worked fine and I had swapped batteries and the problem still persisted. He immediately apologized for the inconvenience and replaced the phone.

    This was in the first 2 months of the Pre's release.

    So obviously you can get very different experiences from different sales personnel at the same store or any store.
  7. #1707  
    Maybe its me... But I am so F...ing tired of trying to be a geek and figure out all these tweaks for my Pre. Why does Sprint just not manage this? I don't want to figure out of this crap. Who has the time? I just want a phone that works with features that are not all in some beta, testing format!!
  8. #1708  
    what i hate about the palm pre well i dont hate it i love that thing to death but i think if palm wants to astound ther custermers they should fix a few stuff that tiked me off when i got the phone was
    1 no fowarding
    2 no signature
    3 u cant downlload media from merssages
    4 no signatures
    5 no camcorder
    6 u cant send anything else besides pictures
    7 no vooice memo
    and last but not least no recording
  9. #1709  
    Quote Originally Posted by isaacg View Post
    what i hate about the palm pre well i dont hate it i love that thing to death but i think if palm wants to astound ther custermers they should fix a few stuff that tiked me off when i got the phone was
    1 no fowarding
    2 no signature
    3 u cant downlload media from merssages
    4 no signatures
    5 no camcorder
    6 u cant send anything else besides pictures
    7 no vooice memo
    and last but not least no recording
    well forwarding is now available with the latest update and i was pretty sure u can send audio and video attachments as well I do wish u could have a signature in the messaging app too
  10. klbjr's Avatar
    Posts
    75 Posts
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    #1710  
    Quote Originally Posted by cuandoyodije View Post
    You havne't been able to strong arm sprint, lol, how bout you just sell your current phone and buy another one with the money?

    Wait, you also said you don't have the money to buy retail price for another device right now........

    How bout this instead of wasting your time writing worthless posts you go get a job make some money, then you can get yourself a different phone.

    Well for one I couldn't get half the price for what I paid for this POS! Two, I actually do have a job. I also have a wife, 2 kids, a mortgage, 2 car notes and the expenses that come along with those responsibilities. Unlike yourself who is probably still living in your parent's basement, playing Xbox all day, watching **** & trading your Dungeon & Dragon cards with the rest of your pathetic friends.
  11. leamsie's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    #1711  
    Hi There!
    Im new in this site!
    I'd hope they would have the resources too, but I just dont think they did. They were literally burning money each month as their sales of other devices sunk. I really feel that if palm held the Pre for even another month they would have been DOA...
    I hope I can have more friends here!
    Keep on posting Guys!
    Im happy to be part of this community!
    Thanks!


    Wii Controllers
  12. #1712  
    Hello..i have recently read the how to's on instaliing preware.. and did everything step by step from downloading the package manager service, and then following the same steps on installing the preware application.. when i open preware after installing everything just like the guide said.. it brings me to the tips thing, and then i click the ok button and it asks me if i have installed the package manager service because it cannot find it i guess.. so i dont get what i am doing wrong .. it also says to reboot my phone and try re opening preware but that does not work either.. I want this to work because if not i am selling my pre and getting the htc hero because this phone is not to customizable and thats what i want. so if someone could help me please id really appreciate it. its actually me and a buddy who both have pre's and were trying to figure this out.. this is the make or break for us because we have seen what the pre can do... but if i cant do it its useless. Thanks!!
  13. Tcub's Avatar
    Posts
    406 Posts
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    #1713  
    Quote Originally Posted by CruCial View Post
    Hello..i have recently read the how to's on instaliing preware.. and did everything step by step from downloading the package manager service, and then following the same steps on installing the preware application.. when i open preware after installing everything just like the guide said.. it brings me to the tips thing, and then i click the ok button and it asks me if i have installed the package manager service because it cannot find it i guess.. so i dont get what i am doing wrong .. it also says to reboot my phone and try re opening preware but that does not work either.. I want this to work because if not i am selling my pre and getting the htc hero because this phone is not to customizable and thats what i want. so if someone could help me please id really appreciate it. its actually me and a buddy who both have pre's and were trying to figure this out.. this is the make or break for us because we have seen what the pre can do... but if i cant do it its useless. Thanks!!
    I haven't installed PreWare since the 1.3.1 update but I'm pretty sure its normal for it downlod and install package manager after you've installed Preware. I would suggest doing exactly what its asking you and if the doesn't work, remove preware (webOS doctor it if you have to) and try again. Also make sure you're using the latest and greatest of webOS Quick Install!

    Good luck!
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  14. grymtyrant's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    #1714  
    My touchscreen stopped working. Then worked. Stopped working. Then worked. We'll just say it was quite messed up
  15. kwg8t7's Avatar
    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    #1715  
    Contact grouping is needing to allow mass texting, actual visual voicemail would be nice, camcorder, and virtual keyboard.
  16. #1716  
    I couldnt agree with you more milomiderbindr. The palm is supposed to be a smartphone/pda. What kind of smart phone doesnt come with something so simple as message forwarding and group texting. The snyc sucks and wasnt very compatible with alot of mail service. Apps are to be developed for things that arent supposed to come standerd with the phone. I have several friends and family who gave back the pre and got the blackberry. They are very happy with it. Blackberry has all these features. Pre has a very long complaint list. By the time they fix them i should have save enough for the blackberry. To think i use my upgrade for the piece of.......
  17. #1717  
    you can forward now
  18. erod550's Avatar
    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    #1718  
    My power button has sunken in and no loner "clicks" cleanly when I press it. Most of the time it will still work first try but sometimes now I cannot get the phone to turn on or off right away. My wife's Pre's power button still has that crisp "clicking" feel to it, not an audible click, but you can feel the switch engaging and disengaging when you press the button. I'm debating whether or not I should take it in and see if it can be fixed.

    This issue combined with increasing wobble the longer I have the phone have me disappointed in the phone's build quality. I know there are many Pres out there that are built solid, my wife's being one of them, but unfortunately I was not so lucky.
  19. #1719  
    Quote Originally Posted by erod550 View Post
    My power button has sunken in and no loner "clicks" cleanly when I press it. Most of the time it will still work first try but sometimes now I cannot get the phone to turn on or off right away. My wife's Pre's power button still has that crisp "clicking" feel to it, not an audible click, but you can feel the switch engaging and disengaging when you press the button. I'm debating whether or not I should take it in and see if it can be fixed.

    This issue combined with increasing wobble the longer I have the phone have me disappointed in the phone's build quality. I know there are many Pres out there that are built solid, my wife's being one of them, but unfortunately I was not so lucky.
    My Pre's power button has done this as well. It just happened yesterday. It is annoying and I am considering seeing if I can get an exchange. My wife's Pre is also just fine.
  20. #1720  
    Am I the only one disappointed with the Pre?

    I came from a Palm Centro on ATT. I was expecting the Pre to be faster, or at the very least the same speed. However the Pre is GODLY slow. I feel it's rather embarrassing for Sprint/Palm and I wish I would have been able to wait longer to buy an Andriod phone. (I was on an employee plan through ATT and cut off without warning because I no longer worked for the company I got the cheep plan through, therefore I had to buy a phone asap.)

    The OS looks good and functions decently, but I think would function much better if the phone wasn't so damn slow. I think that's the most frustrating thing because I know that's hardware based, and cannot be updated.

    The Apps are pretty lame too. I know it's new, and technically still in beta, but there isn't much on the app store. 90% of all new apps aren't free (I know, you get what you pay for) and there's no REAL games. Is there a reason behind the Pre's lack of games? Hardware support? Developer support?

    I want the pre to succeed because I like Palm, but I just don't think they have enough polish to make it work well enough for it to be a huge success. And I think the lack of speed will keep it from getting any better.



    I guess the bottom line is that this is what I'm stuck with as an early adopter and I'm really disappointed.

    Am I the only one?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions