View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 85 of 225 FirstFirst ... 3575808182838485868788899095135185 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 4493
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    The switch on top is a silencer switch, it has nothing to do with answering calls or turning the Pre on.

The button on top can do many things, none of which is involved with answering a call. It can ignore a call, or send it to voicemail, but you don't need to know that if you're looking for simple.

The Pre takes way longer than 1 minute to "turn on", so I think you meant "wake up". The only thing that would make the wake up process take longer than 5 seconds (once the phone is in your hand and oriented properly) would be user error. I'm sorry, but the Pre is simply not as complicated as you make it out to be.
    had 5 pre's back in september within 10 days, cancelled and went back to AT&T during the first 30 days.

monday I got a pre at best buy hoping the hardware may have improved (mostly the dead pixel issue) and there was like 7 dead pixels on it, so i returned it and cancelled to order on amazon for discounted rate.

open the box and only have 1 dead pixel on the top and that was okay. i look at the screen in the messaging app (grey background) and there's like 2 more

when is palm going to send out pre's with NO dead pixels? all 7 that i've had have had them...
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    tomorrow was the day they were planning on shipping Pres with no dead pixels. I thought everyone knew that
    Quote Originally Posted by joshwithachance View Post
    when is palm going to send out pre's with NO dead pixels? all 7 that i've had have had them...
    They've sent out at least one...
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    They've sent out at least one...
    LMAO it shocks me because the ONE pixi i had didnt have any...
    looks like im going back to the pixi -_-
    I am Pizzed, am I the only one who doesn't have dead pixels. Why am I being denied? Maybe I can trade my Pre for one with dead pixels and be like everyone else?
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by beachboy View Post
    I am Pizzed, am I the only one who doesn't have dead pixels. Why am I being denied? Maybe I can trade my Pre for one with dead pixels and be like everyone else?
    im pretty sure if you look close enough you'll find one -_-
    Quote Originally Posted by beachboy View Post
    OK, we're up to two now. Obviously, the OP was wrong in his assumptions...
    im pretty sure if you look close enough you'll find one -_-
    Huh?? Look "close enough". I was literally called a bigot because I said that folks on this forum tend to be "pickier"; and here you are encouraging the anarchy... Oh the shame of it all... A pixel that may be dead if I put out enough time and effort to search for it...
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I have been a loyal Sprint and Palm customer. I combined the 2 with a Treo 650 and in July moved to the Palm Pre. I have had many issues. My Pre started with the Phone Offline msg where it should say Sprint in the upper left corner. Sprint replace the phone. It is happening again and now sprint says that it has been replaced 3 times and I need to buy a new phone. At one point they even said that I can't get another phone for free because I have had this phone for over a year! IT JUST WAS RELEASED IN JUNE right??

Maybe some of you have some you have some solutions. But what happened to Sprint trying to take care of their customers? I am thinking the Droid...or trying to get my old treo 755 back up and running? Thoughts?
    had 5 pre's back in september within 10 days, cancelled and went back to AT&T during the first 30 days.

monday I got a pre at best buy hoping the hardware may have improved (mostly the dead pixel issue) and there was like 7 dead pixels on it, so i returned it and cancelled to order on amazon for discounted rate.

open the box and only have 1 dead pixel on the top and that was okay. i look at the screen in the messaging app (grey background) and there's like 2 more

LCD tech in general suffers from dead pixels. 1-5 is i believe the acceptable rate.

I don't see how 1 dead pixel can annoy you enough to be honest....you usually have to have a solid color screen just to notice a dead pixel.
    go to a different sprint store.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    check that you are not in airplane mode.
    have you installed any patches to it?
    if all else fails run webos dr and reset it
    palm.com/rom
    Sorry, but BS. Sprint has replaced my Pre 5 times now, and a 6th is on the way, and now the store manager has offered to replace it with a brand new one, no more refurbs. Avoid the Pre, sure, but the Sprint part of your story is just garbage.
    Quote Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
    I have been a loyal Sprint and Palm customer. I combined the 2 with a Treo 650 and in July moved to the Palm Pre. I have had many issues. My Pre started with the Phone Offline msg where it should say Sprint in the upper left corner. Sprint replace the phone. It is happening again and now sprint says that it has been replaced 3 times and I need to buy a new phone. At one point they even said that I can't get another phone for free because I have had this phone for over a year! IT JUST WAS RELEASED IN JUNE right??

Maybe some of you have some you have some solutions. But what happened to Sprint trying to take care of their customers? I am thinking the Droid...or trying to get my old treo 755 back up and running? Thoughts?
    I call BS on your store. Go to a different one, or even better, call *2, tell them your Pre has been replaced so many times, and just bluntly ask for a new one. Say this experience is making you considering to get a Droid or something like that and canceling your contract. They'll usually just send you out a brand new one at that point... Either that, go to Sprint.com, go to the Store Locator, and then type in your address and click "Repair Center". The Repair Centers are more apt to deal with your Pre issues and are usually a little more sympathetic(I know I was when I was a tech xD) Best of luck!
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    wow I had an issue with my contact getting lost and eventhough the tech guy said that the phone was fine they still replaced my phone with a BRAND NEW one (even got the new box with EVERYTHING in it as it came new, so now I have two chargers, headphones, data cable, etc) and this was free of charge... said that he just wanted to make sure that I was happy and satasified!!! SPRINT is great, sounds like you need to go to a different store!

just my 2 cents
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    If you've had that many problems with different Pre's then it's not the phone it is most likely a network issue. Does the problem start right at activation? I work at a Sprint store and I've seen a few issues that sound similar to yours. Is it just data or is it voice too? There are two things that I can think of that might help.

1. Go into the phone application and select "Sprint" at the top left. Select "Preferences" then under Network Preferences make sure it says Sprint (hopefully it does). Scroll down a bit more to "Network Settings" and click on "Update Network Settings"

2. The store rep needs to call there Sales Support team and they may have to perform a "Data Refresh" from their end.

Hope that isn't the same thing that you've already been trying to do and it actually helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Sorry, but BS. Sprint has replaced my Pre 5 times now, and a 6th is on the way, and now the store manager has offered to replace it with a brand new one, no more refurbs. Avoid the Pre, sure, but the Sprint part of your story is just garbage.
    So, it's not possible that this particular store's rep(s) are acting differently than the reps you've encountered?
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    So, it's not possible that this particular store's rep(s) are acting differently than the reps you've encountered?
    No. Sprint has very specific policies in place with regards to warranty exchange on the Pre, they are not up to interpretation. If it is a warranty issue, they must continue to exchange the phone in store as long as the phone is covered. This is the deal they worked with Palm.
    If you are having trouble try a corporate sprint store. I find it they have better service.