View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 84 of 225 FirstFirst ... 3474798081828384858687888994134184 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 4493
    Quote Originally Posted by klbjr View Post
    Yes that would make you an ********! Well the reason I still have this POS is because I totally wasted my full upgrade on it and haven't been able to strong-arm Sprint into giving me another one. Believe me this would have been long gone by now if I could, but just don't have the money to buy retail price for another device right now.
    You havne't been able to strong arm sprint, lol, how bout you just sell your current phone and buy another one with the money?

Wait, you also said you don't have the money to buy retail price for another device right now........

How bout this instead of wasting your time writing worthless posts you go get a job make some money, then you can get yourself a different phone.
    I have recently installed 1.3.1 and some how alot of my patches that where installed are not working properly and it wont allow me to remove some patches giving me a IPEK log. error. just wondering if anyone has a solution for fixing this, i just want to be able to use my preware again and have my patches work again. it didnt drop all my patches, but a good number of them are not working, and i have already tried updating the patches and it wont. NEED HELP!!!!
    My daughter gave me a Palm Pre for my birthday. It apparently cost about $395 at Sprint. By the time I got rid of it and got a phone it cost another $195. So to start with it is was the $580 PDA from hades. I was cautioned by the ladies at Sprint that this can be a challenge to use and not everyone likes them. (Wow -- is THAT the truth!). Well if you put the Palm Pre under your pillow and have a heart "problem" at 2 AM ... you will never get 911 in time to stay alive BUT you can take beautiful pictures of your death. (so see, there are pros and cons.

To get it to turn on you have to screw around with a switch on top of the Palm that does not exactly work (well) -- so it's anyones guess how long it might take to actually power the Palm Pre on (especially in the dark). Thirty seconds to a minute.

So that also means you cannot answer the phone before it becomes a missed call (and you have to return the call). So right off 100% of the incoming calls are missed calls. You must unlock this and flick that and pinch other things .. and ALL calls go into missed status. Now outgoing requires that you get the little bugger turned on and unlocked ... not a simple task. HOWEVER, there ARE two $25 books for Dummies (so actually this is the $630 phone from hades)

Now you must read them constantly and it tells you step by step how to turn it on and click and flick and pinch until it is ready to make a call. But there is a lot of stuff and a lot of reading (studying actually -- as for a midterm -- well, cramming)(except you can actually pass a mid-term).

If you try to call anyone from your "conacts" database you will invariable call the contact above or below the one you were trying to call .. so it is actually better to just memorize important numbers and dial them from a keypad of sorts .. you have to press a red key and then a number .. in the dark at 2 AM while having a heart attack. (as the ladies said "it can be challenging.") Well, how badly do you want to live??

Another kind of tricky thing is that after you enter something as a memo or a to-do or a calendar date you cannot find it again without reading the two Dummy books some more (well, a lot!). At long last you find the calendar but you have missed your meeting or your plane while reading -- but you are getting your money's worth reading Dummies (hate to waste the $50)

Well in time .. took me three days you realize that IF you actually want to receive calls and talk with other people (i.e., make calls) you will need to get a phone. This, after all, is actually a PDA and if you wanted a phone you should have asked for a phone. Dummy (read your book). Well the new phone will cost $195 and they cannot refund the PDA since Sprint did not sell it. (so both the $395 AND the $195 somes out of your pocket). And Sprint does not want your books and neither does Palm ... so you lost the $50 (Dummy). But they told you that you would find it challenging .. so they did not lie.

Now to be honest IF you have a lot of time to read and experiment -- in time -- it ought to get easier and easier to use. I suppose that in time you could make phone calls and receive phone call -- non-emergency phone calls of course. In time you could get the contact list and the calendar in the same half day you needed to use it. But I have no idea how much time that might be since I did not have time for that learning curve. It cost me five days without a phone (lots of missed calls) and in-the-end I got a phone that is a lot like the one I replaced.

It's just a very challenging piece of over-engineering and under-documenting that needs a lot of your time. Time is a resource. In my singular opinion it was the PDA from hades.
    Slide open to answer or make a call... the rest of that post is just full of fail.
    Your daughter really bought you the wrong phone and you need something way simpler.what is suitable to her isn't necessarily suitable to you.i think there are many other smartphones that you really can't use either and she should have known your capabilities
    jeez man im for hire if you need someone to feed you !!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I don't think the phone is that difficult to use. It's actually one of the easier devices to use that I have ever tinkered with. Frankly though in my own personal opinion I think you have things a bit backwards. This device is primarily a phone with PDA functions as an after thought (well besides the email client which is killer).
    wow really? i had this thing figured out in no time...if your phone is ringing slide the little green lock button up on the screen (it explicitly says "slide to answer" btw) if you press the button on top it ignores the call.
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    It's called a smartphone for a reason. Plus your math is wrong. There was no need for you to spend $195 on another phone. You could have simply gone back to the one you already knew how to use. Plus, you could have returned it to Sprint within 30 days, and got the $395 back.

Unless that's not part of the fantasy land where you made all this up...
    Maybe actually reading your "books" might have helped....
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Trollin' Trollin' Trollin'

One post and this is it.

But to keep the thread alive. Even my wife finds the Pre easy to use and she is technologically challenged. (an admission on her part)
    it seems to me this person is accustomed to phones of yesteryear with large buttons that are easy to press and have distinct large sole answer and hang up buttons.they still make them i believe and he should really just leave the pre alone
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    lol, this post made my day. If I hadn't worked in tech support for the past few years, I could hardly believe that ppl like this exist. To be fair tho, it's not yours or the phone's fault. As was stated before your daughter put you in way over your head by getting you this phone.

One thing is curious tho. Judging by your post, your technical IQ is very low, yet you managed to somehow find your way to an internet forum, create an account, and make a post. This kind of makes me think this post is just someone trolling.
    To get it to turn on you have to screw around with a switch on top of the Palm that does not exactly work (well) -- so it's anyones guess how long it might take to actually power the Palm Pre on (especially in the dark). Thirty seconds to a minute.
    this is where i started crossing my fingers for your heart attack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenjo2009 View Post
    Your daughter really bought you the wrong phone and you need something way simpler.what is suitable to her isn't necessarily suitable to you.i think there are many other smartphones that you really can't use either and she should have known your capabilities
    Cue the "Jitterbug" commercial.
    Wow...sorry you had a bad experience. Every new device has a learning curve, but I didn't have any problems making phone calls out the box. My brother had to borrow mine once, and he is tech challenged. I just asked him if he had problems making or answering calls when he had it, he said no, just that everything is in a different place. His normal phone is my old sanyo 4900, if that tells you anything. (That phone is a work horse. That was my phone 4 phones ago.)
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    My 60+ year old grandma can operate her Pre just fine.
    "...I suppose that in time you could make phone calls and receive phone call -- non-emergency phone calls of course. In time you could get the contact list and the calendar in the same half day you needed to use it. But I have no idea how much time that might be since I did not have time for that learning curve.... "

Yes and the time has come!!(and passed)
    Weve been able to make phone calls since 1870, thanks to alexander graham bell and elisha gray.

Seriously. its not thats hard to use...
    Quote Originally Posted by meriwether View Post
    Cue the "Jitterbug" commercial.
    lmao...the buttons might not be BIG enough though...
    Don't panic, there will be plenty of time for that later.
    ^^ exactly, this is the phone for you OP

This signature for rent