View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    197 70.36%
  • No

    40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

    37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

    28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 83 of 225 FirstFirst ... 3373787980818283848586878893133183 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 4493
  1. #1641  
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    I'm interested in knowing what features you were promised by the Palm rep that have not materialized.

    You say that Palm's priorities are misplaced. If this forum has taught me anything, it is that the priorities of Pre owners are diverse. In deciding what features to include in any update, Palm is going to please some owners and displease others. I, for one, don't care at all about text forwarding, but it is clear from this forum that many Pre owners wanted this feature. I'm happy that they now have it -- I am not mad because Palm focused on text forwarding and not on other features I might be more interested in.
    Beverly,
    I appreciate your civility and please understand I'm not mad either, only disappointed. Of the many, the one that bothers me the most is voice dialing. I haven't had a phone in the last 8 years that didn't do that. In fact I decided not to update my wife's phone to a Pre for that very reason. The rep assured me it was just around the corner. I haven't yet said that I hate my phone, just that it will be the last Palm device I purchase unless they get it together. In my original post I gave credit to the homebrew community for responding and making this a better phone than Palm did. I still stand by that statement. I will also continue to enjoy this forum and all it has to offer.
    John
  2. #1642  
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelrj View Post
    Well if you could read my sig. you would know
    Your signal issue sounds like a faulty phone, not Pre's in general. Should try to have Sprint replace it. My signal is always strong. 40 apps is quite a lot of apps, what can you not do with your phone with 40 apps? Wasn't there a study that said something like most iPhone users had 30 apps and used 4-5 of them on a regular basis? How much have you used 1.3.1? I've been playing all my games that used to stutter, and the stutter is non-existant, it's gone. Classic Solitaire is super smooth, Air Hockey is flawless. Even other apps I have have lost the stuttering.

    As for homebrew, maybe you should do some research into Android, or people who jailbreak the iphone, they are doing things with their phone that the phone isn't designed to do, patches, complete rom's in Android's case. You think homebrew is a bad thing? You think it's wrong for homebrewers to enhance the functionality of the phone? That's the only reason you could complain, other than to be completely obtuse about the issue, just TRYING to find issue with Palm, for another reason to complain.
  3. #1643  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Your signal issue sounds like a faulty phone, not Pre's in general. Should try to have Sprint replace it. My signal is always strong. 40 apps is quite a lot of apps, what can you not do with your phone with 40 apps? Wasn't there a study that said something like most iPhone users had 30 apps and used 4-5 of them on a regular basis? How much have you used 1.3.1? I've been playing all my games that used to stutter, and the stutter is non-existant, it's gone. Classic Solitaire is super smooth, Air Hockey is flawless. Even other apps I have have lost the stuttering.
    Well according to this thread and many many others http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...lems-poll.html the signal is is well known problem. Accroding to Palm and sprint there is nothing wrong with my 3 Pre's. According to Sprint I am in Sprint's excellent coverage area and the phone goes from 0-full bars is 1-3 seconds with the phone in the exact same spot outside too.

    I have a 8gb Phone why only have 40 Apps?
    What the purpose of 8Gb then?
    I just played Air Hockey & Topple ball Stuttering is still there within a couple minutes of play each.
  4. #1644  
    Quote Originally Posted by sonjohn1 View Post
    I spent a lot of money for a promised feature set that hasn't materialized.
    What is the "promised feature set" that hasn't materialized? Promised by Palm or Sprint, that is?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  5. klbjr's Avatar
    Posts
    75 Posts
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    #1645  
    Hahahaha!!!! Pre fan club in full strength I see! Wow! I just love how they suggest you just buy another phone, like we shouldn't expect anymore from the money we spent on this POS! Well another totally useless update! Way to go Palm! Please keep shooting yourself. Hopefully soon you will stop doing it in your foot and move to your head! 6 months, 4 or 5 updates and this phone still blows! I feel your pain sonjohn1. The Pre fan club can say what they want. The fact of the matter is we paid $300+ for a cutting edge smartphone and in return we got a mediocre device. Not only is this phone not a par with current smartphones on the market, it wasn't on par with smartphones at the time of release. You would think after 6 months and countless updates this phone would be untouchable. More like unbearable. Well I guess we can't complain too much. We did get text forwarding...(Come on WinMo 7! Show them how it's done)
    Last edited by klbjr; 11/14/2009 at 07:50 PM.
  6. MedicX's Avatar
    Posts
    111 Posts
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    #1646  
    Quote Originally Posted by klbjr View Post
    Hahahaha!!!! Pre fan club in full strength I see! Wow! I just love how they suggest you just buy another phone, like we shouldn't expect anymore from the money we spent on this POS! Well another totally useless update! Way to go Palm! Please keep shooting yourself. Hopefully soon you will stop doing it in your foot and move to your head! 6 months, 4 or 5 updates and this phone still blows! I feel your pain sonjohn1. The Pre fan club can say what they want. The fact of the matter is we paid $300 for a cutting edge smartphone and in return we got a mediocre device. Not only is this phone not a par with current smartphones on the market, it wasn't on par with smartphones at the time of release. You would think after 6 months and countless updates this phone would be untouchable. More like unbearable. Well I guess we can't complain too much. We did get text forwarding...(Come on WinMo 7! Show them how it's done)

    complain, complain. again... you bought the phone. only a ******* would buy something without giving it an adequate test drive. that goes for anything.

    on top of that, why would you buy the Pre in the first place complainers, if it was such a crappy device outta the gate?... doesn't make sense right? kinda like complaining about what you could've avoided? i agree....

    i Love the Pre. Love It. palm is on the right track. i'll be happy as more updates come out, but for now, the Pre is more than adequate as is.
    Lovin' the Pre. Love It.
  7. #1647  
    Quote Originally Posted by klbjr View Post
    Hahahaha!!!! Pre fan club in full strength I see! Wow! I just love how they suggest you just buy another phone, like we shouldn't expect anymore from the money we spent on this POS! Well another totally useless update! Way to go Palm! Please keep shooting yourself. Hopefully soon you will stop doing it in your foot and move to your head! 6 months, 4 or 5 updates and this phone still blows! I feel your pain sonjohn1. The Pre fan club can say what they want. The fact of the matter is we paid $300+ for a cutting edge smartphone and in return we got a mediocre device. Not only is this phone not a par with current smartphones on the market, it wasn't on par with smartphones at the time of release. You would think after 6 months and countless updates this phone would be untouchable. More like unbearable. Well I guess we can't complain too much. We did get text forwarding...(Come on WinMo 7! Show them how it's done)
    I wouldn't say I'm a part of the Pre fan club, I'm actively trying to ditch mine. I'm a part of the logic and reason fan club though. I guess I'm just an idealist though, as that doesn't seem to exist in this thread.
  8. #1648  
    My wife discovered a new feature embedded in the 1.31 update! Something she's desired for so long and asked Palm for. Palm has finally heard the voices of the thousands who complain their significant other works too much.

    Palm is now a family friendly company, it no longer bends to those evil companies and businesses

    The slow/unresponsive calendar was enabled as a feature to force men and women everywhere to stop working away from the office and spend time with their family.

    I don't look at my mobile calendar at home, I don't add appointments at home.

    Palm now forces me to bring my laptop with me or not set up appointments.

    Additionally this feature helps the economy, instead of me managing my calendar and appointments by myself, now I get to hire a secretary to sit at a computer and enter everts into outlook.

    They really need to advertise these feature:

    Palm is profamily and proeconomy!
  9. #1649  
    k.
  10. #1650  
    Quote Originally Posted by klbjr View Post
    Hahahaha!!!! Pre fan club in full strength I see! Wow! I just love how they suggest you just buy another phone, like we shouldn't expect anymore from the money we spent on this POS! Well another totally useless update! Way to go Palm! Please keep shooting yourself. Hopefully soon you will stop doing it in your foot and move to your head! 6 months, 4 or 5 updates and this phone still blows! I feel your pain sonjohn1. The Pre fan club can say what they want. The fact of the matter is we paid $300+ for a cutting edge smartphone and in return we got a mediocre device. Not only is this phone not a par with current smartphones on the market, it wasn't on par with smartphones at the time of release. You would think after 6 months and countless updates this phone would be untouchable. More like unbearable. Well I guess we can't complain too much. We did get text forwarding...(Come on WinMo 7! Show them how it's done)
    This just goes to show how intelligent you are. You actually OWN this POS that you are complaining about!!! Being an owner of every sprint PDA they've ever come out with (except the latest Hero), I must say that MY Pre is the best phone I've ever owned. Guess what else....if I got a phone that I didn't like, I'd go on Craiglist, sell it, and buy another one! I did it immediately with the BB Tour. No one FORCED me to keep it. Without Multitasking I don't know what I'd do. Oh, and by the way...I LOVE my Pre. Does that make me a ******? Or do I just not see nor care that much about what guys/gals like you complain about? With the homebrew devs along with the quick updates from Palm, this phone is more than I could ever ask for in a phone and I am a business man, that happens to own my own business in three states and this phone is phenomenal in what it can do to assist me in my business.

    Winmo 7? Are you freakin kidding me? Windows Mobile could NEVER match WEBOS!! Winmo was garbage from day 1 and will continue to be a lag machine with no real ability to do ANYTHING but slow your phone down and drain your battery in an hour....Maybe next time you will research what a phone can and can't do before you buy it.
  11. sd7318's Avatar
    Posts
    76 Posts
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    #1651  
    hmm, is this sarcasm?



  12. #1652  
    Quote Originally Posted by sonjohn1 View Post
    Beverly,
    I appreciate your civility and please understand I'm not mad either, only disappointed. Of the many, the one that bothers me the most is voice dialing. I haven't had a phone in the last 8 years that didn't do that. In fact I decided not to update my wife's phone to a Pre for that very reason. The rep assured me it was just around the corner. I haven't yet said that I hate my phone, just that it will be the last Palm device I purchase unless they get it together. In my original post I gave credit to the homebrew community for responding and making this a better phone than Palm did. I still stand by that statement. I will also continue to enjoy this forum and all it has to offer.
    John
    I agree with you on voice dialing -- I would love to have it.

    The Pre has great potential, but it is not for everyone right now. I have advised a couple of friends and relatives to avoid the Pre for a while because I knew that the phone in its present state would not meet their needs.
  13. #1653  
    Quote Originally Posted by klbjr View Post
    The fact of the matter is we paid $300+ for a cutting edge smartphone and in return we got a mediocre device. Not only is this phone not a par with current smartphones on the market, it wasn't on par with smartphones at the time of release
    So you paid $300 for a smartphone that you knew wasn't "on par with smartphones at the time of release?"

    Is that Palm's fault? Sprint's fault? How about your own fault?
  14. #1654  
    The calendar has been slow since June 6th...and has become faster with the 1.2.1 update.

    Maybe the hired help is to compensate for the glasses you refused. If your secretary has an iPhone, then you'll need to hire more then one since it wont multitask!
  15. #1655  
    Wow! I actually wasted my time reading this... I think I will go spend time with my family instead as recomended.
  16. klbjr's Avatar
    Posts
    75 Posts
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    #1656  
    Quote Originally Posted by mainevent3405 View Post
    This just goes to show how intelligent you are. You actually OWN this POS that you are complaining about!!! Being an owner of every sprint PDA they've ever come out with (except the latest Hero), I must say that MY Pre is the best phone I've ever owned. Guess what else....if I got a phone that I didn't like, I'd go on Craiglist, sell it, and buy another one! I did it immediately with the BB Tour. No one FORCED me to keep it. Without Multitasking I don't know what I'd do. Oh, and by the way...I LOVE my Pre. Does that make me a ******? Or do I just not see nor care that much about what guys/gals like you complain about? With the homebrew devs along with the quick updates from Palm, this phone is more than I could ever ask for in a phone and I am a business man, that happens to own my own business in three states and this phone is phenomenal in what it can do to assist me in my business.

    Winmo 7? Are you freakin kidding me? Windows Mobile could NEVER match WEBOS!! Winmo was garbage from day 1 and will continue to be a lag machine with no real ability to do ANYTHING but slow your phone down and drain your battery in an hour....Maybe next time you will research what a phone can and can't do before you buy it.

    Yes that would make you an ********! Well the reason I still have this POS is because I totally wasted my full upgrade on it and haven't been able to strong-arm Sprint into giving me another one. Believe me this would have been long gone by now if I could, but just don't have the money to buy retail price for another device right now. Now on to your comments about WinMo. I'm wondering if your business involves drugs of some sort if you think this is better than WinMo. I could make my WinMo phones do anything and everything. The lag wasn't a WinMo problem. It was and is a manufacturer problem because they never give it enough RAM to work it's magic. But as far as functionality, this phone can't do a quarter of what WinMo phones can do. Battery drain. Are you freaking kidding me!!! The battery drops 15% if I look at it hard. Quick updates from Palm? What updates? These things they release every other month that do nothing to expand the functionality of the phone. Those updates? Kidding again I hope. The only bright light is the homebrew devs. Don't believe me? Look at how many Pre's have been sold in the last couple months or let's see how many folks actually went out and bought the *JOKE*....I mean Pixi. This phone is dying right along with Palm. So you hold on to your Pre tight, and keep it safe. Good chance you wont be seeing the Pre 2 anytime soon, and if you do you will be 1 of about 1,000 who will be buying it.
  17. Tcub's Avatar
    Posts
    406 Posts
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    #1657  
    Did you consider maybe those "worthless" updates were building a strong foundation for future features? I feel your frustration (somewhat). I was naively hoping 1.3.1 would contain something big. Now that I have the update, I'm not disappointed but I do certainly want more. Plus this isn't the last update... Its difficult sometimes but you need patients. If that doesnt work, take it as a loss, do more resesearch and get a new phone.
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  18. #1658  
    At least you guys are getting updates. I switched from the Pre to the Hero and there are some major battery issues with the hero among other issues and they still don't even have a fix date yet. The default sms app drains the battery quick as it won't let the phone sleep at all.
  19. klbjr's Avatar
    Posts
    75 Posts
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    #1659  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tcub View Post
    Its difficult sometimes but you need patients. If that doesnt work, take it as a loss, do more resesearch and get a new phone.
    I have chalked this POS up as a loss a long time ago.

    Quote Originally Posted by rsbenedict View Post
    At least you guys are getting updates. I switched from the Pre to the Hero and there are some major battery issues with the hero among other issues and they still don't even have a fix date yet. The default sms app drains the battery quick as it won't let the phone sleep at all.
    Well if you ever want to make a trade let me know! I have a Pre in great condition with a Zagg invisibleShield, clip holster and car charger.
  20. #1660  
    Not sure if I want to go back to the Pre. I think the operating system of the Pre is superior to Android. With android there's too many clicks you have to do to get anything done. WebOS is more intuitive. Just to turn on/off wifi/bluetooth, you need to go into settings and then into wifi/bluetooth, and then turn it off unless you have a widget which takes up screen real estate. But what I don't like about the Pre are a few, but fundamental issues: the physical kb is way too small and cramped. My hands got cramps using it for extended emails. The virtual keyboard is still under development and not good enough for everyday use, just yet. There's no voice commands on the Pre and there's no video on the pre. I can live with no apps as I know that will come in time, but these other fundamental issues can't be solved with the existing Pre or aren't even on Palm's radar to fix with the current incarnation.

    I know Palm is in love with it's small Treo-like keyboard, but most people prefer a landscape keyboard and even if you have a physical keyboard, an virtual one should also be an option.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions